Author Topic: Travel Tips  (Read 7291 times)

Offline Noner

• I don't go shopping for hats. Hats go shopping for me.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Not a real doctor but would like to play one on TV
    • Nonerville
Re: Travel Tips
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2007, 04:15:35 PM »
Good job Tyler!

Any advise on how to pack a weeks worth of suits and party clothes in one suitcase?

HAH.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2007, 04:55:06 PM »
Good job Tyler!

Any advise on how to pack a weeks worth of suits and party clothes in one suitcase?

HAH.

Yeah, roll the clothes up.  You probably don't want to do this with suit jackets, but all of your shirts and pants.  With pants, fold them lenght wise, so that it looks like one leg, and then roll from the bottom up.  With shirts, fold the sleeves and about 1 inch of the shirt towards the center and roll from the collar down.  This saves a ton of room by making it easier to fit your clothes in the suitcase.  It's like stacking bricks in the suitcase.  You'll be suprised at how much you'll fit in the bag.

For the stuff that you don't want to wrinkle, put them in the thin plastic that you get from the cleaners or in a garbage bag BEFORE you roll them.  It makes it a bit trickier to roll, but you'll be amazed at how it keeps your clothes from getting wrinkled.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

BaldRob

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2007, 05:19:59 PM »
You hit all the big ones Tyler... I'm on the road quite a bit myself and over the years, I've picked up most of tips you've suggested.

Another tip with the frequent flyer programs... when requesting upgrades and standbys, if you are a Premier or better member, you'll get preferential treatment over "casual" travelers on standby lists and upgrade lists.  The higher you are in their program, the better treatment you'll get.

Enter your email address: