Author Topic: Do you really like being bald?  (Read 255864 times)

Offline geeman

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Re: Do you really like being bald?
« Reply #375 on: May 03, 2013, 06:24:40 AM »
I love it, I'm more confident, and free from worry, sly rocks

Offline Perfected Man

• Sly Guy in Training
    • Perfected Man - Building Better Men
Re: Do you really like being bald?
« Reply #376 on: May 04, 2013, 05:10:16 AM »
I am not bald. I just choose to shave it. I guess I have thin hair. Maybe I am bald! I have been shaving it every day for years, so I am not sure if I could sprout a full head of hair!!
Perfected Man - Building Better Men

http://perfectedman.com

Slynito

« Reply #377 on: May 04, 2013, 04:59:00 PM »
It's a clean feeling of freedom and very liberating.

P@^ P@^

Offline Stone Cold

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #378 on: May 05, 2013, 06:38:33 PM »
I'm 26 days into it since getting rid of my hair unit. I didn't think I would go through with it or like it but............I really do love it.  The freedom is great. I've had very positive feedback from people saying I look fresher, younger and much more hip and with the times.  One of my female friends said she couldn't get over how different I looked.  She even said I looked hot. 

I love the no hassle. Takes a couple of minutes every few days to get it done.  Only problem I've had is spots/bumps appearing on my scalp.  Just started sing all the headblade products and it seems to be clearing.

Any advise to help my situation?

Offline Perfected Man

• Sly Guy in Training
    • Perfected Man - Building Better Men
« Reply #379 on: May 05, 2013, 06:59:06 PM »
I'm 26 days into it since getting rid of my hair unit. I didn't think I would go through with it or like it but............I really do love it.  The freedom is great. I've had very positive feedback from people saying I look fresher, younger and much more hip and with the times.  One of my female friends said she couldn't get over how different I looked.  She even said I looked hot. 

I love the no hassle. Takes a couple of minutes every few days to get it done.  Only problem I've had is spots/bumps appearing on my scalp.  Just started sing all the headblade products and it seems to be clearing.

Any advise to help my situation?

Shave every day with your Headblade. I would also recommended you getting a shaving badger brush, mug and natural shaving soap. There are no chemicals in a lot of shavings soaps where as cans of shaving cream are loaded full of irritants. Also the badger brush softens your hair on your face and head, lifts the stubble up and gets it prepared for a nice clean shave. Since I started this, I can't remember the last time I nicked my head or got bumps or razor burn. You might want to consider squeezing a fresh lime into some cool water and massage it into your scalp after you are done shaving. It will burn at first, but it helps. One more thing - do not use an soap filled soaps, facial foams, body washes or shampoo on your head - bump-bump-bump city! Use a natural soap, facial foam or shampoo.
Perfected Man - Building Better Men

http://perfectedman.com

Offline Thebaldnation

• wanting to bring our Bald community closer together
  • Sly
    • ThebaldNation
« Reply #380 on: July 06, 2013, 06:42:54 AM »
Bald is always one step above perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<!-- Facebook Badge START --><a href="http://www.facebook.com/people/Baldguy-Thebaldnationsbest/1827707468" title="Baldguy Thebaldnationsbest" target="_TOP" style="font-family: &quot;lucida grande&quot;,tahoma,verdana,arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; font-variant: normal; font-style: normal; font-
[url=http

Offline ShyGuy

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #381 on: July 06, 2013, 07:29:35 AM »
won't lie, I miss my pretty thick black hair. but like an ex girlfriend, my hair is long gone and its time to buck up n move on n keep looking onwards to better things :)

Offline Crowbar

• Sly
« Reply #382 on: July 06, 2013, 07:34:05 AM »
People tend to hide behind their hair, and to define themselves by it.   Getting rid of it all is not only liberating, it helps you to become more comfortable with who you are and lets you focus on other things.  It teaches you that there is more to you -- and everyone else -- than your haircut.

Well said, so true Raxor X

I started shaving because my hair was thinning, then almost immediately afterwards I also felt liberated and free. I also realised that my hair was something I had cared about too much all my life without realizing it.
So once I shaved it was like a weight (a worry) had been lifted off me that I never knew was even there

So what Razor X said is definitely me and I like being bald. I shave only once per week and I love shaving only once per week as I get that same feeling every time! :D
and the end of our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time

Offline greatnessinc

• One part iron man one part superman
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Semper Sly!
« Reply #383 on: July 08, 2013, 12:23:15 PM »
I think the look suits me. I don't feel self conscious about being sly, but I do when I grow my hair out.
"Ifyou're going through hell, just keep going"
-Winston Churchill

Offline wutwutman

• Super Sly
  • "Isaac Hayes style boy!" lol
« Reply #384 on: July 08, 2013, 02:29:40 PM »
I love it so far.. and had nothing but positive reactions from folks..  altho I did get a request to re-grow the 'stache LOL
** Wutwutman **
"To shave or not to shave... is that really a question?"

Offline lightbulp

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #385 on: July 08, 2013, 02:48:32 PM »
Love being bald and i regret for not shaving years before now...
Please forgive me for the mistakes in my posts.
English is not my native language.

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #386 on: July 08, 2013, 02:54:41 PM »
Going Sly is one of the best decisions I have made.

I don't miss the hair one bit.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline Thebaldnation

• wanting to bring our Bald community closer together
  • Sly
    • ThebaldNation
« Reply #387 on: July 13, 2013, 11:07:03 PM »
People tend to hide behind their hair, and to define themselves by it.   Getting rid of it all is not only liberating, it helps you to become more comfortable with who you are and lets you focus on other things.  It teaches you that there is more to you -- and everyone else -- than your haircut.

SO true!
<!-- Facebook Badge START --><a href="http://www.facebook.com/people/Baldguy-Thebaldnationsbest/1827707468" title="Baldguy Thebaldnationsbest" target="_TOP" style="font-family: &quot;lucida grande&quot;,tahoma,verdana,arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; font-variant: normal; font-style: normal; font-
[url=http

Offline Blitzed

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #388 on: July 14, 2013, 07:05:01 AM »
Having made the transition from fully furred to fully shaved bald and maintained that for 15 years, most people who now know me would be puzzled, even confused if I let whatever still lives up there grow back. For that I'd be confused. The only hairy addition I've made is a 'stache and that was "grown for me" by the Kansas Spine Hospital when they refused to shave my head and face after I'd had a total shoulder replacement. The formative facial fur was there and so, our of tedium in the rehab hospital, trimmed away all the parts that I didn't like to a shape I thought I liked or at least remembered-it would turn out that I was remembering either A. Joe Namath or B. Hulk Hogan which dictated a horse shoe. Of course, I was still on a lot of pain suppressants and, when they were removed, I had a decent, if not complete, 'stache and was getting compliments. What would you do? At my age to get compliments is a mine to be developed and so I've kept it and quite like it. So much so that, even with a shaky form of MS, I'm contemplating a straight razor-a decision that I've not shared with any medical person who might have a dissenting opinion.

So, yes, I like being bald, went through no withdrawal symptoms and expect to be cremated without my head hair. Sic Transit.....PJ

KentBaldGuy

« Reply #389 on: August 18, 2013, 02:11:00 PM »
Yes, I really like being bald. When I first shaved I had a full head of hair; recently I grew it out for a few days and found that I am really thinning and receding. Shaving every day meant I never knew and neither did anyone else. I also feel like I belong to an unofficial bald-by-choice brotherhood...........:-)

Tony

Enter your email address: