Author Topic: Do you really like being bald?  (Read 256597 times)

Offline Gary~

• Being...
  • Super Sly
  • 27-April-2013
Re: Do you really like being bald?
« Reply #345 on: January 21, 2013, 03:38:31 PM »
Bassman, you have now got your shaving routine straightened out. You had been shaving the wrong part of your head! I was a long-hair who would not move on from the sixties until I decided to shave my head to get it tattooed, but I will always keep a beard.

Men should shave everything above their eyes and behind their ears. We should leave most of the hair below the eyes and in front of their ears.

I think it is weird that custom dictates men shave their face and cultivate their scalp hair and think that those who don't shave the "right" part of their hair are strange!

I know from watching Japanese samurai movies that in ancient Japan [probably around 16 or 17th century] that when a man came of age he cut his long hair to short hair in a pattern that resembled male patterned baldness. In one movie when the young man didn't cut his but left it long he was considered to be a "flirt" by the other samurai and was inviting homosexual liaison.

Offline slane

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #346 on: January 23, 2013, 07:25:19 PM »
I'm BBC after slowly moving through baldness in college and being at a NW3/3V by 22 or 23.  I've found that other than when I'm shaving--which is precious "me" time--I often forget that I'm even bald.  However, I work at an elementary school currently and sometimes get asked "Why are you bald, Mr. Sam?"  I always reply with the same answer:  "I like being bald."  As has been repeated countless times on this site, bald is better than balding!

To avoid skirting the question, I would probably not be BBC if I had a full head of hair.  That being said, one can learn to love the lookI get no less attention from females (one of my bigger fears).  Being bald has drawbacks, sure, but they're also fairly obvious and superficial ones; you must wear sunscreen on your noggin, and you no longer have anything to hide acne or cuts and scrapes.  Other than that though, it sure is a nice feeling to be bald! 

Andrei

« Reply #347 on: January 26, 2013, 07:30:55 AM »
In a single word: YES.
I have a full head of hair so I'm not shaving because it's the only decent option i have, but i believe it's the best look/haircut for me.
To be honest, i started shaving by accident. I always liked the look and the idea, but never planed for. Any way, enjoyed it and after the first shave i knew it's a keeper, or at least felt that way.

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #348 on: January 26, 2013, 05:29:15 PM »
slane,  ;D These days being SLY is so common that it is only the person that is new to it.  No matter where you go, or what your do .  It is a very  common practice and younger kids, like it !  Either their Dad's , or a member of the family or a movie star etc..  SLY is a 12 on the good looking scale !   Done passed 10.   O0 8)
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline slyjoe

• Sly
« Reply #349 on: January 27, 2013, 04:09:08 PM »
Been shaving my head for 4 months now. Every single day. I can not see myself adjusting to hair. So yes! I love being sly.
"Sly til the day I die"

Offline bella

• Sister Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Sister Sly
« Reply #350 on: January 27, 2013, 04:33:27 PM »
I really love being bald. Not only do I have a full head of hair, I'm female, so it took me a long time to embrace the urge to just shave my damn head (~15 years, I'm 30 now). 

Part of me was hoping I would hate it, get the urge out of my system and grow it back immediately so I could conform with social norms.  But I absolutely love it more with each day.  I've always been a little unconventional when it comes to beauty (just personal taste, nothing to do w/ sexuality) and I feel much prettier now than I did when I had my long flowing hair.  Because it's my choice to make.

I hope this doesn't sound harsh or insensitive to those who had their hand forced by mother nature or resent losing their hair.  We're approaching the playing field from different sides -- I want my hair gone but society says "oh HELL no!"; some of you want your hair but biology says "sorry, mate." 

Offline Crusher0209

• Super Sly
  • Life is short and you never know when it will end
« Reply #351 on: January 27, 2013, 05:36:09 PM »
Bella we are a loving and growing family and we stick together. I don't think no one will be offended but I do think they will look at you with a new respect because of your choice O0

Offline lsflipper

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #352 on: January 30, 2013, 11:44:29 PM »
I love being the bald guy in a crowd and I even like it when I get called Mr. Clean, baldy or some other funny name.
Larry the bald guy

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #353 on: January 31, 2013, 07:27:00 AM »
I started balding in my late 20's.  I didn't wear a comb-over or anything...just tried to ignore the fact and live with it.  When I finally decided to buzz and eventually shave my head, I loved it and wished I had done it much  sooner.  This was a choice, but I don't count it as BBC.  To me, BBC is someone who has a full head of hair, and has decided to be bald... but could grow it back fully. 

Either way, I do love being bald now.. and don't think I would want my full head of hair back.   I think it would be nice to have the option just for the sake of it, but I don't need to worry about that, since I love the look and feel of it.

Offline lsflipper

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #354 on: February 02, 2013, 11:21:35 AM »
I love being bald and would encourage more people even women to try it so that people going through chemo wont be so self conscious about loosing their hair. The world would be a much brighter place with more bald heads in it.
Larry the bald guy

Offline bella

• Sister Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Sister Sly
« Reply #355 on: February 02, 2013, 01:51:23 PM »
I love being bald and would encourage more people even women to try it so that people going through chemo wont be so self conscious about loosing their hair. The world would be a much brighter place with more bald heads in it.

Sing it brother!

Offline bbcguytom

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #356 on: February 02, 2013, 10:18:28 PM »
I always liked the look on men & admired it so that I began shaving when it became popular in the '90s, of course I always let it grow back -only to shave again. I didn't adopt it as a 'style' for myself until just lately, I shave (usually) every other day. But, I can safely say that my hair hasn't been more than an inch in well over a decade. I began w/a full-head of hair, now I notice that the hairline is receding a bit in front. I did try an Epilator on my hair (a few years back), but that only thinned it out. But, I think that being bald or BBC is me, and I do prefer it to over hair (on myself).

Offline Adamski1972

• Super Sly
  • Bald and bold!
« Reply #357 on: March 05, 2013, 02:32:45 PM »
Only 4 days in but love, love, love it! It's definitely my thing now!

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #358 on: March 05, 2013, 03:01:28 PM »
Only 4 days in but love, love, love it! It's definitely my thing now!

Beware Adamski, it's addictive. And you always look forward to shaving smooth again.

Offline Adamski1972

• Super Sly
  • Bald and bold!
« Reply #359 on: March 05, 2013, 04:06:20 PM »
Fair comment Mr Jules. Did it against the grain (carefully) for the first time tonight. Nice result.

Enter your email address: