Author Topic: Do you really like being bald?  (Read 255976 times)

Offline rcg5227

• Sly
Re: Do you really like being bald?
« Reply #240 on: September 07, 2010, 07:03:19 PM »
At first, I didn't really care for it too much, but my wife, sister in law, and mother in law said I look better and younger bald. They all told me I have the perfectly shaped head. After more people started telling me I looked better bald than with hair, I got comfortable with it. I'd say most of people when they seen before and after pics of me, they told me I look better bald.The first time I had my head clippered/shaven bald was around the end of May 2006 and kept it shaven bald only in the summer months. Then I would stop shaving or stop having it clippered around Labor Day of every year since 2006. I'd let it grow back in the winter, then around May have it all clippered off again.  I plan on keeping it shaven bald in the winter for the first time this year. The reaction on my side of the family wasn't the greatest at first. For awhile everyone on my side of the family would tease (friendly) me about losing my hair. When I shaved it bald for the first time my mom was okay with it, but my dad asked me "Why the hell did you shave your head?" I replied, "Well it's kinda you're fault, because not much grows on top of my head anymore either." Most men on my dad's side have MPB. I guess they had forgotten my hair was thinning on top anyway and my side of the family before I shaved my head bald, would always remind me of how I'm losing my hair.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 07:16:47 PM by rcg5227 »
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/100913/samp9b3884feb623b6eb.jpg[/img] [/url]

---"The greatest action is not conforming to the world's ways."---

Offline BaldWriterBob

• Super Sly
  • Pastor, Author, Musician
« Reply #241 on: September 07, 2010, 10:11:34 PM »
I have always liked it. Had some MPB but never gave it much thought. Shaved for a play and now would not contemplate going back.

Offline kevin

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #242 on: September 10, 2010, 07:02:35 PM »
I´ve only been shaved 2 weeks (on Sunday) so it´s an interm report, but YES!

I love it.

I love the freedom. I can wear a Hat now BECAUSE I want to! If it was windy, rainy, any type of uncertainty, long periods of walking, sports playing etc I´d always wear a hat or a sweatband to hide the balding mess on my head.

I went out on Monday with my Girlfriend,  it was freezing cold here with galeforce winds. So, I stuck my cool beanie hat on to bare the cold. We got into the Coffee Shop for lunch, and 2 weeks ago! I´d have kept the hat on even if I was sweating under it because it would hide my balding bonce, straight away - the beanie was off! before I´d opened the door to the coffee shop. I even played about it with taking it on and off ALLDAY because I can do it now... if that makes sense?

Don´t get me wrong, I love to try all types of sports, clothes, music, books, films and love traveling and meeting new People. I´m really open-minded about everything and in an ideal world, I´d have loved a full head of hair to funk it up. When I had ´good´hair I used to shave it to a 2 then let it grow in for 6months going through all the hair styles from crop, bangs, parted, spiked, mopped etc before repeating again.

Hair, it´s not to be for me! It´s leaving me. So what do you do? Do you sit around and moan about it? Well, Yes I did do that for too long! 4years of hats, and worrying and not going to certain Bars or Parties because my hair might get messed in the Wind.

Everyone I´ve met as well as been positive too. Well, one negative comment "Your ears stick out" but there´s more info about him in the "Old School Mate" thread made by another Poster.

I love it so far!

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #243 on: September 10, 2010, 07:30:06 PM »
I love the freedom.
O0 That says it all, and all of us have said it. 

Offline Jack21

• Sly
  • Panta Rhei
« Reply #244 on: October 25, 2010, 08:25:26 AM »
I was in the army for 4 years while I still had hair and shaved it regularly. Not with a razor but with no guard on the clippers. I loved it. I would shave my head nice and clean before leaving for liberty. For some reason when I came back to civilian life everyone urged me to grow my hair out and I listened. Stupid! For 5+ years I hid my thinning hair with powder and paint and finally a rug! Now I am free. Then I actually loved being bald, now its going to take some getting used to. I like it, but the rest of the world seems to have an issue with it. What can I say? Unless I'm smiling from ear to ear I am a scary looking guy. I need to learn to smile a lot more.
A sword unto Gideon and unto God

Offline Bilko1

• Super Sly
  • Glad To Be Bald-by-choice
« Reply #245 on: October 25, 2010, 04:44:49 PM »
Since shaving my head I have never looked back....... Smooth bald is the only way for a real man to be. Who cares what others may think or even say...... It's your hair, so you do what you want to do with it.
BaldBill

Troy

« Reply #246 on: October 25, 2010, 05:10:51 PM »
Since shaving my head I have never looked back....... Smooth bald is the only way for a real man to be. Who cares what others may think or even say...... It's your hair, so you do what you want to do with it.

Amen, brother.

Offline Baldman

• Sly Jr.
  • Bald and Chargin!
« Reply #247 on: October 25, 2010, 05:22:31 PM »
I shaved my head when I was 17 and I have loved it ever since. I was not losing hair I just decided it was something I wanted to do so I went for it. My mom was pretty pissed at the time cuz she actually told me not to. So when she left for a weekend I did it anyway.  ;D Its okay though, now she likes it but even if she didnt its my head and I am not going back.
-Live Bald and Prosper

Offline Jack21

• Sly
  • Panta Rhei
« Reply #248 on: October 25, 2010, 06:45:41 PM »

Amen, brother.

I got to add an Amen to that Amen!
A sword unto Gideon and unto God

Offline BeardPower

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #249 on: October 26, 2010, 02:01:33 AM »
Seriously, I'd rather have my hair but hey ... what can you do about it.

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
« Reply #250 on: October 26, 2010, 01:37:11 PM »
I do love the SLY look, but if I had hair to keep I would have kept it...

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
« Reply #251 on: October 26, 2010, 01:41:31 PM »
In contrary to my original post on this, shaving bald is one of the best decisions ive made in my life. I look better bald than I ever did with hair.
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

http://l33t.razerzone.com/index.php?user_dtl=a93edc2f9430bed4c6b2382425c327c0

Offline cursedforlife

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #252 on: October 29, 2010, 01:12:49 AM »
I have my good and bad days...I know that we live in a very shallow and superficial world, so trying to appease people of that nature should not be high on somebody's list...but the key word is "should."...instinctively, we still seem to gravitate towards belonging to the group (even if the group is crazy)...so in that case, its tough knowing that having not lost my hair at such a young age would have resulted in a dramatically different experience as a young adult...one where more people in general were receptive to me and women showed interest...it sucks knowing that the mere presence or lack thereof, of a superficial trait (hair) can mean so much...but when so many people are superficial, it makes sense. Still not something I've been able to get over easily though.

Offline sharpe76

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #253 on: November 08, 2010, 04:29:55 PM »
wouldnt say I love it but certainly dont see it as a big deal. I'd have preffered to keep my hair, but more for variation than for the need to have hair...if that makes any sense!! I like the bald look but sometimes think it does get a little boring.....however much more important things to worry about in life....like whats for dinner :)

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #254 on: November 08, 2010, 09:18:50 PM »
wouldnt say I love it but certainly dont see it as a big deal. I'd have preffered to keep my hair, but more for variation than for the need to have hair...if that makes any sense!! I like the bald look but sometimes think it does get a little boring.....however much more important things to worry about in life....like whats for dinner :)

I'ts good to have a few different hats, at least it is a change . p!m*
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."