Author Topic: Do you really like being bald?  (Read 255871 times)

Offline lifeinthesouth

• Sly Jr.
Re: Do you really like being bald?
« Reply #210 on: June 10, 2010, 08:27:55 AM »
I love being bald,  :@` Wish I would have done it when mine first started falling out. Didn't want to admit I was loosing hair at first, but I always wanted to shave anyway.  8)

Offline CraftyGuy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • My Facebook page
« Reply #211 on: June 10, 2010, 08:52:37 AM »
I love being bald,  :@`

Agreed! It's the best!  :@`
MikeC

Offline HeadbladerBob

• Sly
« Reply #212 on: June 10, 2010, 12:37:25 PM »
i was losing my hair so I started shaving it and grew to adore my sly look. I can't see myself ever trying to grow hair again: no way
God created only so many beautiful heads, the rest are covered by hair

Offline BikerDave

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #213 on: June 12, 2010, 08:55:21 PM »
Hey, I was born that way. What's not to like???
If I'd known I was gonna live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself.

Offline WhiskeyHotel

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #214 on: June 14, 2010, 08:33:33 PM »
Love how it feels and looks.

The only thing I hate is when people ask why I shave my head. It's like, where do I even begin.

Offline DeanJones

• Dean Jones
  • Sly Jr.
  • Baldie for life!!!
« Reply #215 on: June 18, 2010, 11:33:45 AM »
I really love being bald. It's just the best feeling to feel a gust of wind on my head, or rain, or sunshine, or have my girlfriend gleefully rub my newly shaven head. I wish it were permanant, I plan on being bald the rest of my life.
I'm bald, and I love it! Bald is the best! Bald for life!

Offline balddaniel

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #216 on: June 18, 2010, 01:43:58 PM »
Hey Casey,

Well put.  I guess I will have to let my Mom know before I go for a visit in July, she may be a little shocked.  But, maybe not, she knows I am a bit wierd.  In a good way  :/O

Offline kenny57028

• Super Sly
« Reply #217 on: June 23, 2010, 02:20:36 PM »
I'm only 18 and yes I do wish sometimes to have a full head of hair, even jsut now so that I could have a complete shadow.  :XX I think if my hair never would thinned out I wouldn't have thought to shave it all off. When I was younger I would buzz my hair but never shaved it and when I got a bit older I had it grown out and was to lazy to care about my hair. I can honestly say now that I like my sly head.
The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the Past better than it was,
the Present worse than it is & the future less resolved than it will be.

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
« Reply #218 on: June 23, 2010, 06:00:17 PM »
I like being bald. but I dont like having to shave...at all
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

http://l33t.razerzone.com/index.php?user_dtl=a93edc2f9430bed4c6b2382425c327c0

Offline CraftyGuy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • My Facebook page
« Reply #219 on: June 24, 2010, 08:59:03 AM »

As much as I would love something that would just get rid of the hair once and for all -- I would miss the daily ritual too much...
MikeC

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
« Reply #220 on: July 01, 2010, 05:15:49 AM »

As much as I would love something that would just get rid of the hair once and for all -- I would miss the daily ritual too much...
to each his own  I suppose. Its a big pain in the ass imo to shave everyday, which I do because I like it to be smooth all the time : /
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

http://l33t.razerzone.com/index.php?user_dtl=a93edc2f9430bed4c6b2382425c327c0

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #221 on: July 01, 2010, 09:19:04 AM »
I just wish the fuzz on top would STOP growing  - it is hard to shave but I do it and it feels great  to rub the smooth dome after shaving

I love being bald   

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #222 on: July 01, 2010, 10:16:46 AM »

Its a big pain in the ass imo to shave everyday

Sounds like a lazy mans way out. Shave every other day then.  I'm with Crafty on this, I actually like the shave.

Offline Noodles

• Proud Melon Member of The Sly Guy Club!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Fireman Dave
« Reply #223 on: July 01, 2010, 12:45:11 PM »
 :@` I absolutely love the look and feel. Almost 53 years of age now (started shaving my head when I was just creeping up on.... I'd say around 51). Wish I would have done it a lot sooner!! First decided to give the sly look a try because of the unbearable N'Awlins heat here in the summertime.

Discussed going totally sly with the wife and kids beforehand- they weren't too crazy about it. Took my son to get HIS haircut one day and while he was getting his done, I grabbed the next chair and told the staff to "start shaving and don't stop until you see skull fragments!"  :*))

Upon returning home and sticking my head through the door and saying "Boo!", I don't think I've heard so many "OMG's" come out of my wife's mouth in one sentence in all the 17 years we've been hitched!!  $c#m   :*))

Her "wife instinct" immediately kicked in and she initially she said she wouldn't speak to me until it grew back! k$@

Right then and there, I began to grow very, very fond of my new look!!  (Hee...Hee...Hee...)  O0
But today-she wouldn't have me any other way but S-L-Y!!

Been sly ever since. Twice a day- EVERY DAY!! (once in the am; then again at night- that's the only way I can keep it super-smooth and the stubble down to a (ahem - pardon the pun) "bare" minimum!!

Yep- when I see someone up in age (70+) who is totally sly -  with NO trace of shadow or stubble, I can't help but have big admiration for their slyness and their ability to NOT have to shave every day, but still manage to have that "just shaved" look about them!.

It's great to be sly, guys -  it is this century's "long-haired look" of the 60's-70's revisited in the opposite direction!!   -LOL

- Cap'n Noodles -

So to those of you who may be"sly-newbies", or even "seasoned sly-veterans", who still may be concerned (or bothered by) what others may be actually looking at when (or if) you find them suddenly staring at you, here's some good friendly "SLY" advice to follow that I'm sure others here will agree with...

...Let'em stare and relish in the moment! It's a very good chance they're staring out of sheer ENVY anyway!!

'Nuff said!!

« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 01:13:03 PM by Noodles »

Offline BlackJamesRackham

• Sly Bucco
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #224 on: July 01, 2010, 02:09:10 PM »
i do like it. even if my hairline wasn't fading away quicker than kobe bryant...i would still at least rock a shadowy shaved head. easy maintenance (aside from shaving) and never have to worry about hat hair or the wind or rain
Rockin' "Sly" since 2008