Author Topic: Do you really like being bald?  (Read 255860 times)

Offline DuffRyder17

• Super Sly
  • Waning days of College Life
Re: Do you really like being bald?
« Reply #150 on: August 03, 2009, 10:24:03 PM »
Yea, I actually have really come to like. knowing that alot of ladies out there like it too, has helped me come to terms with mpb...
but I am almost stunned how right the advice here at SBG has been... give it some time and you'll grow to love it and your confidence will soar once more.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, That's why it's called the present!

Offline Ming the Merciless

• Super Sly
  • No More "Mr. Nice Guy"
« Reply #151 on: August 16, 2009, 02:39:18 AM »
I must.  I've got a relatively full head of hair, but like it better gone.

Offline Baldboss

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #152 on: August 16, 2009, 06:34:50 AM »
I must.  I've got a relatively full head of hair, but like it better gone.
What he said.

(Except for a formerly thin circle in the back that's not a concern anymore.

Offline BaldnBearded

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #153 on: August 18, 2009, 05:13:30 PM »
I have to say, the first stint I had back i nJanuary where I shaved my head and then just let it grow back, I didn't really like it.I was self-concious,and became more self concious when it grew back and showed my bad MPB.This time around though, I absolutely love it.I can't stop looking at myself in the mirror.I also anticipate my shave all the time because now, only after 4 days, I can't stand to have even the most microscopic bit of stubble on my head.It's looking like I'm gonna have to shave every other day though cause its hard to get that small stubble off without irratating the scalp, even wit ha brand new headblade and mach 3.Being bald has really aged me and I like it a lot.I'm definitly permanently bald!

Offline slyck85

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #154 on: August 18, 2009, 06:13:45 PM »
I suppose I had it easy...I started shaving daily not to long ago and have no desire to go back to MPB and fuzz...I think I may get a tattoo now

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #155 on: August 21, 2009, 07:43:41 PM »
I have to say, the first stint I had back i nJanuary where I shaved my head and then just let it grow back, I didn't really like it.I was self-concious,and became more self concious when it grew back and showed my bad MPB.This time around though, I absolutely love it.I can't stop looking at myself in the mirror.I also anticipate my shave all the time because now, only after 4 days, I can't stand to have even the most microscopic bit of stubble on my head.It's looking like I'm gonna have to shave every other day though cause its hard to get that small stubble off without irratating the scalp, even wit ha brand new headblade and mach 3.Being bald has really aged me and I like it a lot.I'm definitly permanently bald!

Sometimes it requires a false start or two before you're ready to go sly full-time.  I was the same way; it wasn't that I didn't like the look, but I was self conscious about it.  But whenever the hair was grown back in, I'd look in the mirror and think, "OK, I really don't like this." 

I'll be honest; it took me a good while to become fully comfortable with the look.  I did it because I knew that it was the best of the limited number of options that were available to me.  I didn't really love it; it was merely the least objectionable choice.  As time went by, though, I began to gain some enthusiasm about it and now I wouldn't have it any other way. 

You tend to lose track of your MPB's progress when your head is shaved.  That's not a bad thing, but if you ever skip shaving for a day or two, it can be a bit of a shock to realize how much things have changed.  But you know you've turned the corner when you realize that you're in the final stages of MPB and you're actually looking forward to the rest of your hair falling out so you won't have to shave the top.

baldy46

« Reply #156 on: August 27, 2009, 05:46:20 AM »
Good post Razor.  I had a couple of false starts too, but know I've turned the corner because I am actually looking forward to the rest of my hair falling out.  I was thinking that this morning as I was shaving the top. 

Offline Ming the Merciless

• Super Sly
  • No More "Mr. Nice Guy"
« Reply #157 on: August 27, 2009, 02:29:08 PM »
If I didn't like it, I wouldn't shave it, since there's a reasonably full head of hair still living above my eyebrows.

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #158 on: August 31, 2009, 08:33:22 AM »
If I didn't like it, I wouldn't shave it, since there's a reasonably full head of hair still living above my eyebrows.

same here.  I am addicted to being bald! 8)

Offline Mike

• Sly genetics guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Facebook
« Reply #159 on: August 31, 2009, 07:38:17 PM »
I love being bald. I have decided that after I get a new vehicle I am going to save up for laser treatments (I figure it will only be a months worth of work if that). I am getting so excited. I am ready to be bald permanently. I still remember being a small child (around the age of 4) and admiring my uncles bald head then when I would see a bald head I thought how cool it looked and as others have said so futuristic. I dont shave daily because of the irritation I get on the back of my neck. When I have that horrible morning stubble that sticks to my blanket as I wake up it makes me hate hair even more. Sure I like shaving but I figure I spend about an hour a week shaving (every other day) which is time I could be using on something better. Plus about $20-30 a month on shaving stuff, I like to think of that $30 as 30 chicks or half of a new fishtank or even 10 gallons of gas. In a ear that is about $360 which could buy alot like 360 little egg laying chicks, 3 tons of poultry feed (a few years supply), there are tons of other things I could be spending that money on. Plus the 56 hours a year of shaving, thats almost 2 1/2 days, thats a weekend at the lake, lol.

So yes I love being bald but the time and money which seems like alittle when viewed per month but when added up its alot. I hate hair and never liked it, I never really found a cut I liked other than Sly and no 'normal' haircut ever really looked good on me. Like others have said we all want what we dont have. Guys with MPB want their hair back, BBC guys wish they had MPB. Kinda like women with strait hair want curly and women with curly hair want strait.

Offline Larry

• Sly Jr.
    • http://www.theelectroniccigarettecompany.com/
« Reply #160 on: September 01, 2009, 08:42:45 AM »
I love  being bald.  When I had a full head of hair I could never figure out what to do with it so I looked like a troll most of the time.

Offline Professor Melon

• Professor Melon
  • Super Sly
  • Professor Melon
« Reply #161 on: September 02, 2009, 11:54:43 AM »
 O0 O0 O0 Ahoy, mates. Skinhead expressed exactly my sentiments. Although I probably would not have started shaving without worsening MPB, I would not go back even if some medical breakthrough appeared. Love being chrome-dome bald for so many reasons, I'd undergo lasering to make slyness permanent and avoid shaving, if the option became available and affordable. Total, slick skinhead every morning, or I am not prepared to face the oncoming day. Best, Professor Melon
Embrace the bald truth

Offline captianxanax

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #162 on: September 03, 2009, 11:51:41 AM »
Alopecia universalis or alopecia areata universalis is a medical condition involving rapid loss of all hair, including eyebrows and eyelashes.
I really didn’t have a choice in my hair loss.
To be honest my hair fell out in about a week.
I hardest part was the lack of eyebrows and eyelashes.
It took 3 years for my facial hair including the above to grow back.
The sweat in your eyes was quite a problem at first.
I wore a bandana all the time because of that.
 In the winter I feel “heat loss” and wear a wool cap.
It gets quite cold and snowy here in northern Israel.
So for me it wasn’t a slow pattern baldness /shave it off decision
I don’t even think about being bald anymore.
Life is good and I have learned to live every day.
I love life and love to joke.
I have a picture I want to post when I can find it.
Its amazing what can stick to your bald head!!!
"We don't stop laughing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop laughing."

marty22

« Reply #163 on: September 03, 2009, 01:05:37 PM »
better save up Lophura.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #164 on: September 03, 2009, 01:25:43 PM »
  Like others have said we all want what we dont have. Guys with MPB want their hair back, BBC guys wish they had MPB. Kinda like women with strait hair want curly and women with curly hair want strait.

I don't think so :/O :/O, maybe one or two, but they apparently have a lot of issues beside hair.