Author Topic: Do you really like being bald?  (Read 254225 times)

Offline chgobuzzbald

• Super Sly
  • No more HT scars
Re: Do you really like being bald?
« Reply #495 on: December 04, 2014, 11:54:19 PM »
I agree with what Kyle wrote, "Just because you have hair doesn't mean you have to use  it". That is genius.  For you younger guys take note, no one has to use or have hair on their head any more. Shave and enjoy ! Sly Bald is great.

Offline DOC_OSMC

• Bald and Bearded
  • Super Sly
  • Pleasure's a sin, and sometimes sin's a pleasure.
« Reply #496 on: December 08, 2014, 09:55:46 AM »
Now that I've been bald for a year now, I gotta tell you, I wouldn't go back to having hair.  I really like the look and the low maintenance aspect of it.  Don't have to worry about hat hair, don't have to worry about having a bad hair day, don't have to worry about hair getting messes up in the wind or the rain, don't have to worry about having to drive in a convertible, etc.  It just takes the worry out of so many things!

I got lazy this past week and hadn't shaved since last Tuesday (12/2).  I gotta tell you, that's the most self conscious I have felt about my head/hair in a long time!  It was completely apparent how little hair I had on my head and it looked uneven...I spend the weekend wearing a bandana to cover it so that no one would see the slight hair growth.  During the week at work, I would always look in the mirror and be disgusted at the uneven pattern on my head.  I finally "relieved" myself of this stress and shaved this morning, and man it sure does feel good!  I'm never doing that again!!
My granddaddy once told me, "If you can't hack it, gecho' jacket!"

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #497 on: December 09, 2014, 11:49:35 AM »
I love being bald. Can't beat having a chrome dome. No more bad hair days for me.

Offline mascherani

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #498 on: December 09, 2014, 03:00:35 PM »
i would prefer to have the choice to be or not to be. but i don't have it. so, i'm ok with it. no problem at all.  O0

Offline oakdan5

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #499 on: September 15, 2015, 09:38:33 PM »
I hate it, can't fot the life of me understand why guys that have great hair would shave it off. MPB that makes sense. Some guys look good, tall 6 ft plus, darker skin. I'm 5 ft 7 with light skin. Only shave because my hairline is way back there. Don't like it but living with it.

Offline Quiet_Dan

• Super Sly
« Reply #500 on: September 16, 2015, 05:05:42 AM »
I got nothing against being bald, I accept the fact that is what nature has served up, If i could grow hair I probably would do, but I can't and so I make the most of being bald
God created only a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair!

Offline jbrit25

• Sly
« Reply #501 on: September 16, 2015, 06:38:37 AM »
Being bald is 100 times better than having thinning hair.  No worrying about the wind blowing my strategically combed hair off my bald spot.

Truthfully, if I had a thick head of hair I would go with hair.
Roll Tide!
COYS!

Offline john.peachie

• A Texan working in N'Djamena, Chad
  • Sly
« Reply #502 on: September 16, 2015, 10:23:47 AM »
Yes.  I enjoy not having to mess with unruly hair  O0
John

The best things in life are free, that's why I'm good for nothing...

Offline Hieu Tran

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #503 on: September 16, 2015, 10:34:39 AM »
I'm BBC and I have to say I do lol.

Offline oakdan5

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #504 on: September 16, 2015, 01:47:11 PM »
In actuality tho if I had all my hair I would probably buzz it down in the summer. 1 guard it looks great with a good hairline.

Offline SlyMike

• Ad Free VIP
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Big Beard and Bald Head - I love it!
« Reply #505 on: September 18, 2015, 08:44:55 AM »
I am so much happier being bald by choice than being balding.  I can quite happily not live without hair on the top of my head, hair on my chin is a different matter though :)
First started shaving my head on the 9th October 2014

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #506 on: September 18, 2015, 02:22:42 PM »
Yes.  I have a "full" head of hair, albeit very thin and fine hair, so if I wanted to I could grow it quite long.  But I choose not to use it!  I alternate between being fully shaven and shaving everything except a very short horseshoe on top. 

I don't like the way hair "feels".  I don't like the "uncleanliness" of it.  I prefer the freedom and feeling of a nice clean,healthy bald head.  I just feel more free and self-confident without having to obsess over combing/styling my hair.  When the least little bit of hair starts growing on the sides of my head or on my neck I freak out and break out the razor.  I just don't like it at all.

I have been like this all of my life.  I never did grow my hair like a Hippy in the 70's and 80's.  I have always looked forward to getting to the barbershop and getting "cleaned up".

Offline Aussie Sly Guy

• Sly Jr.
  • Sly Since March 2011
« Reply #507 on: September 18, 2015, 02:57:58 PM »
Yes, I love having a bald head, it's my look. Even if I grew all my hair, I would still shave it daily.

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #508 on: October 28, 2015, 03:19:02 PM »
You look AMAZING bald, especially with the beard!

Offline MunkyMunk

• Sly
  • Won't shave below the neck
« Reply #509 on: October 28, 2015, 05:23:32 PM »
I'm bald by choice and I can honestly say that I am loving it. I've got nothing at all against hair, but the bald look really works for me in a way that I didn't expect. It feels great and my wife loves it.  :)