Author Topic: Do you really like being bald?  (Read 258621 times)

Bald_freak

Re: Do you really like being bald?
« Reply #180 on: December 03, 2009, 05:41:21 AM »
my hairline didn't start receeding till after I went sly. I did it by choice when I was your age man. My only fear when I first started was "did i miss a spot?"

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #181 on: December 09, 2009, 12:25:26 PM »
  Most of the time I shave twice a day    - -so when I go  out for dinner my dome is smooth - - - - - -   -ultimately several people touch my BALD HEAD  when I am out for dinner - -I eat out every night and in most of the restaurants a waitress will feel my smooth dome   - - they love feeling  it and I love it   - - -I love being BALD - -    and I love the feeling of my smooth dome after shaving - - -I enjoy calling the top of my head "my dome " - - -

Offline CincySly

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #182 on: December 09, 2009, 05:52:30 PM »
I started losing my hair when I was 22. I couldn't walk by any reflective surface without looking at my hair and getting so depressed,angry,out of my mind about the fact that I was losing it. Then I had a few beers got my clippers and took all of it off. While my confidence never waned while losing my hair, it skyrocketed when I fist shaved my head. Your hair is not going to grow back any thicker, so OWN IT and shave it. You will feel so much better about yourself, and by the way have a sense of humor about it. If your confident no one's comments can hurt you and you will eventually grow accustomed to that shiny and smooth head looking at you in the mirror. This is my first post and response and I just want to let all the active posters how this site really helped give me the confidence to shave my head and MOVE ON WITH MY LIFE. SLY GUY FOR LIFE

Offline ChallengeMe

• Super Sly
« Reply #183 on: December 09, 2009, 07:13:58 PM »
I'm not about to read 13 pages of posts on the subject, and since the OP was from a year and a half ago, I probably have a post or 2 of my own in there somewhere. Anyways.......

There are really two questions here:

Do I like being bald? I was never crazy about it for the first 32 years I was balding and bald, but it was a fact of life.

Do I like having a bald "shaved" head? I LOVE it. I love the way I look. I love the attention the ladies give me. I love the confidence it has given me. I love being 6'2" and standing out in a crowd. I love having a well shaped head that looks good shaved. But I do not love it in the cold winter weather but I know how to deal with it. Something else I don't love about it was waiting 32 years before shaving it.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #184 on: December 09, 2009, 07:18:17 PM »
I started losing my hair when I was 22. I couldn't walk by any reflective surface without looking at my hair and getting so depressed,angry,out of my mind about the fact that I was losing it. Then I had a few beers got my clippers and took all of it off. While my confidence never waned while losing my hair, it skyrocketed when I fist shaved my head. Your hair is not going to grow back any thicker, so OWN IT and shave it. You will feel so much better about yourself, and by the way have a sense of humor about it. If your confident no one's comments can hurt you and you will eventually grow accustomed to that shiny and smooth head looking at you in the mirror. This is my first post and response and I just want to let all the active posters how this site really helped give me the confidence to shave my head and MOVE ON WITH MY LIFE. SLY GUY FOR LIFE

BINGO!
Well done, Cincy!  O0

Welcome to SBG!

Schro

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #185 on: December 09, 2009, 11:46:15 PM »
Welcome Cincy!!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

BaldRob

« Reply #186 on: December 10, 2009, 06:58:50 AM »
Welcome Cincy!

You definitely hit the nail on the head!

...and I just want to let all the active posters how this site really helped give me the confidence to shave my head and MOVE ON WITH MY LIFE. SLY GUY FOR LIFE

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #187 on: December 10, 2009, 09:51:25 AM »
Welcome to SBG's Cincy, you've got the right attitude!  Way to attack it, and it is as simple as you say: Move on with life!     O0

Offline SlyBaldDude

• Sly
    • Standing Out In the Crowd
« Reply #188 on: December 10, 2009, 12:10:39 PM »
I love it.  Some in my family don't.  My wife subtly tells me from time to time she wishes I'd grow it back .. but I'm not going to.

Offline kenrh

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #189 on: December 10, 2009, 02:06:28 PM »
I jsut love it.  No way would I go back to the hairy look.  It feels wonderful, and as for small kids staring, just go BOO and I'm sure they will look away.  Cannot understand why this worries you.  Get a life, man.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #190 on: December 10, 2009, 08:07:17 PM »
Great first post CincySly ... Post up an introduction!
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline old_hippie

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #191 on: December 12, 2009, 08:53:37 AM »
I have shaved my head off and on over the last few years
but now have shaved and do not plan on ever having hair on head again

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #192 on: December 12, 2009, 11:16:44 AM »
am i allowed to say it again?? ;)

I love being bald: SLY for life. 8)

parksie

« Reply #193 on: December 12, 2009, 05:52:01 PM »
Yeah I'll be bald the rest of my life.  O0

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #194 on: December 16, 2009, 01:23:20 PM »
As time goes on I like it more and more - - -Meeting other BALD guys is fun also - - -I go up to almost anyone who is BALD and comment  "nice shave" or "nice shine on your dome" ultimately we will talk  - - -I love being BALD