Author Topic: When did it happen?  (Read 1704 times)

Offline slyinglide

• Give till it hurts!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Work hard, Play harder, Love Often
When did it happen?
« on: August 13, 2008, 09:47:12 AM »
When in the HELL, did shaving the Dome become a DEED?  I did the the Deed, or the deed was done. Doing the deed.......I call it a pleasure in my life, an absolute pleasure.....It is a form of Freedom, relaxation, a time to myself, and yes, thanks to you gentlemen, I have began to look forward to ME, PAMPERING (yes I said pampering) MYSELF a little everyday.  I took this small simple act for granted for a very long time, and it took(sob) this web site and all you cool SBG ( slightly bigger SOB) to help me come to realize this.

Who knows if we all started to feel this way we may be seeing SBGA otherwise known as Sly Bald Guys Anonymous.

I was told to think outside the box, how did I get in the box in the first place?

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
Re: When did it happen?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 09:50:09 AM »
When in the HELL, did shaving the Dome become a DEED?  I did the the Deed, or the deed was done.

Actually around here we should consider it a sacrament.  ;D

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 09:56:43 AM »
Well said Sly.....also nice not having to worry about having hat and helmet hair if riding the bike....the wind blowing the comb over off the bald spot....lol.....just so much more of a feeling of freedom with the shaved dome..... :@`

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 10:41:17 AM »
I agree SLY..... I look at my shaving time as my time to take care of me......... I find shaving very enjoyable........
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Ryan

• Sly Jr.
  • Canadian GSG
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 11:02:08 AM »
I think it's more of an interpretation thing... :)

Merriam-Webster has this to say about "deed":
Function: noun
1  : something that is done (e.g., evil deeds)
2  : a usually illustrious act or action : feat, exploit (e.g., a hero's daring deeds)
3  : the act of performing : action (e.g., righteous in word and in deed)

I know I wasn't interpreting the use of "deed" as a synonym for "chore" or "task".

I particularly like (2) in relation to the sacrament of head shaving

Offline slyinglide

• Give till it hurts!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Work hard, Play harder, Love Often
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008, 03:14:39 PM »
Well said people.....Maybe it is correct word usage, but I myself feel differently and would hope that people on this forum don't consider it just a deed.
I was told to think outside the box, how did I get in the box in the first place?