Author Topic: Mini-Con Northern California  (Read 34829 times)

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
Re: Mini-Con Northern California
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2008, 03:21:07 PM »
I'll Meet you at the Rock.

Good work, Todd!

I'll go with Schro on Triple Rock.  It'll be easy for me to get there on BART.  No worries for driving.

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline SlySurfer

• aka Mighty Anthony
  • Sly
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2008, 03:24:50 PM »
I may be down there sometime around then visiting friends and family.
I may be up there sometime then visiting business associates.

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2008, 08:53:24 PM »
What is BART?!

(no smartarse simpson replies, please!)
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2008, 09:03:01 PM »
What is BART?!

Bay Area Rapid Transit
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2008, 09:54:00 PM »
A couple of doors down from Triple Rock is Spat's of Berkeley.
They make a "Scorpion" that's out of this world.

Red, you'll definitely need to take public transportation after one of those....Actually, it's a two person drink (or a one person drink if you want to take the express lane to hangover city).

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2008, 03:28:34 AM »
What is BART?!

Bay Area Rapid Transit

ty!  :-*
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2008, 11:09:20 PM »
Anyone else from the Oregon/Washington area that could possibly be down in the SF Bay area the last week in September? BALDANDRE, Vash, I know there are more...? O0

Weekends are extremely tough for me (kid & soccer obligations). I'll be up for weekday stuff though.

Personally, I have not problem with weekday gatherings as the weekends can be a bit hectic for me (wine business and all).

Weekends are extremely tough for me (kid & soccer obligations). I'll be up for weekday stuff though.

I'll have a ton of weekday time when I'm there.  I know my way around so an East Bay location is certainly a possibility.  Just make it close to BART.

Red

OK Red. What's the deal with BART? Will you not have a vehicle? ;D Matters not to me, I can make it anywhere that is convenient for everyone else. Now you've got me all psyched up about this!!!! O0 I'll bring some of Napa's finest vino (Sorry no Screaming Eagle).

Hey Fr8, I know this is a stretch, but would this include anything from the Alexander Valley (Al. Valley Vineyards or White Oak)? Maybe a little closer to you....BR Cohn?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 11:42:05 PM by schro »

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2008, 10:03:06 AM »
So, has anyone looked at the websites FR8 identified for the NorCal get together?

Offline Sly Red

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2008, 10:06:09 AM »
Yeah, I commented to Fr8 directly.

I voted for The Rock.  Good location for me to get to on BART from The City.

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline FR8TRAIN

• Sly Bureau
  • Go ahead, rub it!
    • Facebook
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2008, 11:01:48 AM »
OK my Brothers!

I have heard from everyone I think will be attending this gathering.

The choice of location has been made...drum roll please.

And the winner is Triple Rock Brewery http://www.triplerock.com/

So I will be going there this afternoon to get things going (and tip a few back with my lovely g/f).

The next mission is to confirm a head count and to set a date (9/29 - 10/4). So far the following SBG's will be attending.

Myself
Tyler
Shcro
SimplyRed
Rob6

I'm still waiting on confirmation from Cy and anyone else who will be in the Berkeley, CA area the last week in September.

Please let me know what day you prefer the gathering be held. Keep in mind that the weekends are a bit tough for Schro and I but will not be ruled out.

Thanks,

FR8TRAIN

« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 12:16:50 PM by FR8TRAIN »
Tis better to have a bald head than no head at all.

Offline Sly Red

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2008, 11:14:03 AM »
Schro has indicated that Monday might be bad for him.  Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday (9-30, 10-1, 10-2) work best for me.

Red

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2008, 11:26:45 AM »
Looks like I will not be down untill the first / second week in October anyway....
“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2008, 11:30:28 AM »
Schro has indicated that Monday might be bad for him.  Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday (9-30, 10-1, 10-2) work best for me.

Red

Tues and Wed are typically easier for me, but if it needs to be Thursday, I can still make it happen.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2008, 12:41:20 PM »
Well, Guess what folks....YULP THIS IS TIMMAY!  I know this will excite you all....but.....here goes.  I am sorry to inform you that I will NOT be showing up at the North Cal. Convention...I just cant make it happen.  Sorry to let you down and all...but hey...I am sure all of us that cant be there will be there in mind and spirit...right??  Tip a few back for us.

Timmay

Offline FR8TRAIN

• Sly Bureau
  • Go ahead, rub it!
    • Facebook
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2008, 12:53:17 PM »
Well, Guess what folks....YULP THIS IS TIMMAY!  I know this will excite you all....but.....here goes.  I am sorry to inform you that I will NOT be showing up at the North Cal. Convention...I just cant make it happen.  Sorry to let you down and all...but hey...I am sure all of us that cant be there will be there in mind and spirit...right??  Tip a few back for us.

Timmay

WTF!!! Now we have no patsy!!! Dammit!
Tis better to have a bald head than no head at all.

Enter your email address: