Author Topic: Am I crazy?  (Read 6360 times)

Offline skinhead002

• Super Sly
Re: Am I crazy?
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2008, 09:33:28 AM »
i dont think you're crazy. Ive been razor shaving my head for a long time and wish  I could take a pill that would cause permanent baldness on my entire head.  Ive been thinking about getting lasered also 

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2008, 12:49:56 PM »
And what if in the not to far future, some Boffin invents a miracle cure for baldness?
To be honest, I think many here wouldn't be interested. I know I wouldn't.

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
  • Celebrating 5+ Years of SLYNESS!
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2008, 02:43:36 PM »
RockBottom, welcome to SBG!  You're not crazy man - you're quite intelligent if you ask me.  I definitely want to explore lasering as I hate having to shave daily - it's just a chore I usually don't enjoy.  Would love to get up and go and not worry about the shadow or the shininess or lack there of... love being sly but would get lasered right now if I had the cash!  Let us know how it's going for you!

Offline RockBottom

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2008, 03:50:32 PM »
Hey,
Thanks for the support.  My second laser appt. is this Thursday, and I'm definitely planning on going.  It's probably too late to turn back now anyway.

Offline FR8TRAIN

• Sly Bureau
  • Go ahead, rub it!
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2008, 05:21:52 PM »
Hey,
Thanks for the support.  My second laser appt. is this Thursday, and I'm definitely planning on going.  It's probably too late to turn back now anyway.

Alright RockBottom...first off I will tell you that it is never too late. That being said, man I wish I were in your shoes. I would love to get rid of my shadow and be completely BALD!!!!

Let us know how everything goes so we can envy you even more!!!
 O0
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 05:35:45 PM by fr8train »
Tis better to have a bald head than no head at all.

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • The Bald by Choice Men group
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2008, 05:30:28 PM »
Hey,

Please keep us updated on your progress... am very interested!

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2008, 06:19:58 PM »
Just curious Rock dude... how much does that laser treatment set a guy back?  (ball park)  O:O

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2008, 06:25:33 PM »
I am thinking that the younger one is, the more successful laser treatments would be.  I have heard that they won't work on hairs that are grey!  That would probably eliminate me!

Offline RockBottom

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2008, 06:29:25 PM »
Hey-
I kind of fell into a deal.  I called around at first just because I was curious, and when this one place found out that I wanted my head (not face / neck / etc) done, they offered me a package deal for $200- basically at cost.  That got me six treatments, and then 6 follow-ups as needed.  Just have to let them take a few pictures when they're done.  Mostly I think they just want to be able to advertise that they've done it.

So far it's working out pretty well.  I have almost no growth from the areas they treated.  Still quite a way to go, but I'm confident that it'll be quite effective when it's done.

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2008, 07:41:54 PM »
WOW!  That's a deal alright!  I though you were going to say $1500 - $2000 or something.  ;D

Hummm... didn't know about the gray thing but I'd still go for it if it was available in my area.  Most of my gray is on my kisser and I ain't tellin' why!  ^-^

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2008, 07:46:39 PM »
You're not crazy!!! I would love to get what hair I have left lasered off. O0 Although I love my shave routine, I would really like to get rid of the shadow.

Naw dude...if you had a perfectly smooth bald head...imagine how cool that would be..

I BET you wouldn't miss shavin'!!! ;)

You're right ANDRE, I probably wouldn't miss shaving and always having a slick, smooth noggin would be down right AWSOME!!!!

I wish I could get lasered!  People with hair are the crazy ones!  (Except for Magma of course!)  :*))

Gee!! thanks Sarge!   :@`
there might be one or two peeps that are inclined to disagree with ya though!  ;)

Where they at? Where they at? :x! :x!

And what if in the not to far future, some Boffin invents a miracle cure for baldness? If you do get your Bonce 'zapped' you have well and truly burnt all your bridges (no pun intended) lol

I wouldn't give up my beautiful bald head for nothin now! Miracle cure or not.  O0 8)

you said it all there brother

Offline Jer

• People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
  • Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2008, 08:48:44 AM »
I wish I could get lasered!  People with hair are the crazy ones!  (Except for Magma of course!)  :*))

Gee!! thanks Sarge!   :@`
there might be one or two peeps that are inclined to disagree with ya though!  ;)

I think quite a few people may disagree, but your craziness is what we all love about you!  O0

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2008, 09:33:01 AM »
Craziness is what keeps this place going ...right?  Well at least I am still here anyways! LOL

Offline mazeone

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2008, 10:10:27 AM »
 ???I never thought of permanent hair removal for my dome.  The rest of my body yes but not my dome.  Although I'm losing my hair anyway so it is either wait for the inevatible or lazer it now.  Sounds like a sweet idea, I say go for it.  Although it is amazing how one women's comment can stop you cold in your tracks.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2008, 10:45:07 AM »
I guess one would have to be dead set against having hair on their head and having to shave it. I for one, would not take the option to have it permenantly removed.  Besides part of the joy is knowing that "I have a bald head because I want to"  It doesnt take that long to shave it smooth.  Have a visable stubble every now and then reminds people that I shave it because I can.  I am sure one day it will all fall out and the need to shave will be gone and then I wouldnt ever get the question.."Why do you shave it?" 

Thats just my opinion.

Enter your email address: