Author Topic: Advantage-fountain of youth  (Read 9116 times)

Mike

Advantage-fountain of youth
« on: July 21, 2008, 01:14:06 PM »
I was at work yesterday and came out of the back room and saw the back of a bald head going down an aisle (spelling?). The guy looked like he was maybe 25, he had a nice tan and overall looked young. When I asked him if he needed help he turned around and he was in his 40's. After I helped him I told him that he looked younger and he told me he gets that alot. It seems that being sly can take years off of the way you look.

Offline Bensen

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Advantage-fountain of youth
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 01:59:30 PM »
that's what i also noticed. specially if men had a fringe before.
all the time my hair went shorter, some people said i would look younger.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 06:50:48 PM »
I was at work yesterday and came out of the back room and saw the back of a bald head going down an aisle (spelling?). The guy looked like he was maybe 25, he had a nice tan and overall looked young. When I asked him if he needed help he turned around and he was in his 40's. After I helped him I told him that he looked younger and he told me he gets that alot. It seems that being sly can take years off of the way you look.

This would have been a better story if the guy had actually told you his age, instead of you being able to tell when you saw his face.   >:D

Mike

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 07:11:30 PM »
Sorry about that razor, I have always been bad at telling stories and jokes, I can take something funny and make it horrible just by trying to re-tell it lol.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 08:53:51 PM »
Sorry about that razor, I have always been bad at telling stories and jokes, I can take something funny and make it horrible just by trying to re-tell it lol.

No, you didn't make it horrible ... I'm just razzing you a bit.   ^-^

marty22

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 06:08:08 AM »
you're a killer, RazorX!

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 07:23:57 AM »

No, you didn't make it horrible ... I'm just razzing you a bit.   ^-^

Hey, with Mike involved I expected there to be Public Displays of Headrubbing involved.

:*)) :*)) :*))

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Mike

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 03:57:36 PM »
Lol, I am pretty much a head nudist when it comes to head rubs, everyone wants to do it but I'm the only one brave enough to.

Offline Maverick1970

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2008, 07:34:25 PM »
I've gotten that a lot too, about it making me look younger.  And I can see it too, on other guys.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 07:36:08 PM by Maverick1970 »

Offline IRONHORSE

• The Sly Ogre
  • Super Sly
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2008, 08:04:23 PM »
Agreed with all of the above... I can't think of a single example I've ever seen of someone looking older when they went sly...

Offline Mr.Gleam

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2009, 09:03:16 PM »
People thought I looked 10 years younger even before the full shave but now I have young (I mean really young) girls flirting and being nice to me. No complaints here.

Offline Dman

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2009, 09:14:52 AM »
This aspect of looking/feeling younger has a strong appeal for me.

Is there a secondary experience that happens as well, in which you start taking better care of your diet, health, nutrition, skin care routine, as a result of your shaved head?

I keep thining that so much of me will be exposed:) that I will want to take the utmost care and lead with bright eyes and a well-cared for body.

It is like I have been reading, people's morning/evening save routine has alomost a spiritual/meditative quality for many. And so, I might hypothesize that the body becomes more of a temple.

Or, I am totally wrong!:)

Hope you all are enjoying a beautiful Saturday.

Dman
Dman

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2009, 01:59:20 PM »
Funny that this topic has come back up.  This past week I came across and old friend from College and high school that I hadn't seen since college and sent him a friend request.

When he accepted the friend request, he sent me an email and mentioned that I had less hair that the last time that he had seen me, but he also comment on how young I looked.
This guy is the exact same age as I am and when I pulled up his facebook profile and saw his pic with a full head of gray hair and it was obvious how much younger getting rid of the gray can make you look.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2009, 09:45:04 AM »
I had the same thing, people tell me i look anywhere from 7 to 12 years younger, i was born in 1976, i get carded in bars unless the people know me. good thing i got my driver''s license renewal form in the mail, btw, iam bald in my drivers license photo.

Offline Sooner Steve

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2009, 08:40:22 AM »
I turned 45 last week.  This week I was officiating a playoff game and was assigned a partner with whom I had never officiated.  We started talking about officiating and I told him I had been a ref for 25 years.  He said how old are you.  I told him 45.  He said he thought I was like 33.  Definitely made me feel good.
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts." - Coach John Wooden

[img]http://tickers.Tick