Author Topic: age differences?  (Read 16098 times)

Offline hammerdrill376

• Get your SLY on
  • Sly Bureau
    • Welcome to our little part on the web
Re: age differences?
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2008, 08:29:47 AM »
You got it TimmJ and Red...every time my wife is "grippin the back of my head" (you get the picture) I am very thankful for the lessons that lady taught me!! ;) O0
Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place. If victorious we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.

Gen. Robert E. Lee C.S.A

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2008, 08:31:14 AM »
You got it TimmJ and Red...every time my wife is "grippin the back of my head" (you get the picture) I am very thankful for the lessons that lady taught me!! ;) O0

Now I'm blushing and you can't imagine what it takes to make me blush  ::)

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline hammerdrill376

• Get your SLY on
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2008, 08:31:39 AM »
By the way my wife is 2 yrs older than me....:)
Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place. If victorious we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.

Gen. Robert E. Lee C.S.A

Offline hammerdrill376

• Get your SLY on
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2008, 08:33:07 AM »

Now I'm blushing and you can't imagine what it takes to make me blush  ::)

Red

LOL

Gen. Robert E. Lee C.S.A

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2008, 08:38:53 AM »
all i can say is if it works...go for it.  As long as both are happy...what give anyone any reason to say something.

BaldRob

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2008, 10:16:34 AM »
I think it all depends on the people.... the biggest age difference that I've ever been in a relationship with is 13 years younger.

People mature at different rates (or none at all), so just because the difference in age may be great, the difference in "life" might not be that much...

Offline FR8TRAIN

• Sly Bureau
  • Go ahead, rub it!
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2008, 10:18:13 AM »
Well I've been on both sides of the fence. Currently my g/f is 3 years older than I am. :@` Many years ago I had a 10 year relationship with a young lady 7 years younger than myself. >:D I don't believe age really has much of an influence one way or the other. I think that maturity levels, experiences and othe commonalities are what make a relationship work regardless of age differences.

Good topic PBurke1 O0
Tis better to have a bald head than no head at all.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2008, 02:46:47 PM »
wow this has gotten very insightful. just being single again got me thinking. a friend wants to introduce me to a lay-day that is 12 years younger than me. i just wanted to get some insight on others opinions. thanks guys. keep it rolling. by the way. the ex was 4 yrs older. so i wanna try the other direction and see how that works. ha ha ha

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2008, 09:03:50 PM »
Sometimes I have a hard time remembering that I am the age I am, so the prospect of dating someone in their 20s doesn't phase me at all.  I just don't feel like I'm too old to go out with someone that age, though there are probably plenty of people who would tell me that I am.  I think a lot of it has to do with attitude.  Some people just maintain a youthful outlook their entire lives, while other people seem like they were born old.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2008, 09:20:09 PM »
paulie...good topic!  when it comes 2 relationships... there R going 2 B many differences such as age, opinions, etc.  however... if both parties don't mind than it doesn't matter.  hence... age ain't nothing but a number.  O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

GASlick

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2008, 10:33:07 PM »
First off - GO HAMMER!

OK, I am 14 months older than my wife so we're pretty close in age.  I don't really act my age, and frustrates the daylights out of my wife sometimes.  I will be 38 this year.

I don't think in a relationship it matters if both people are OK with it. 

Offline no1birdman

• No Jokes
  • Super Sly
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2008, 01:11:48 AM »
Hi, I am 20 years older than mine, when i was 50 dating a 23 year old.Always like them younger.Keeps u on your toes.

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2008, 01:21:40 AM »
Hi, I am 20 years older than mine, when i was 50 dating a 23 year old.Always like them younger.Keeps u on your toes.

did she ride the 'short'  bus? LOL

just playing with ya birdie  :D
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Offline no1birdman

• No Jokes
  • Super Sly
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2008, 03:04:02 AM »
You must be psycick, no one knows my nickname on here, ie birdie.Or i have met u somewere or your mum and she has  talked about me LOL.

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2008, 03:09:21 AM »
You must be psycick, no one knows my nickname on here, ie birdie.Or i have met u somewere or your mum and she has  talked about me LOL.

ahahahaha!!

dunno bird... was you a milkman 36 years ago?  :D
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington