Author Topic: DO U remember your 1st raindrop on the dome moment?  (Read 3371 times)

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
DO U remember your 1st raindrop on the dome moment?
« on: June 27, 2008, 01:52:10 PM »
hello fellow chrome domes:  2day we had some rain showers & my dome felt gr8 as the rain was hitting my noggin'.  it felt gr8.  it brought me memories of my 1st raindrop moment last year.  i experienced my 1st "rain-drop" moment last spring 2007... i was getting out of a local wal-mart when all of a sudden it started raining.  everyone around me was sprinting 2 their vehicles or sprinting 2 the store except me.  i was enjoying the awesome feeling of rain,  dropping on my dome. :@`

so... how 'bout U?  when and where was your 1st "rain-drop" moment?  what's your story?

WARHAWK O0

Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline BlackJamesRackham

• Sly Bucco
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: DO U remember your 1st raindrop on the dome moment?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 01:52:51 PM »
None yet...possibly tonight though judging by the look of things
Rockin' "Sly" since 2008

Offline Jer

• People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
  • Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 08:33:15 PM »
Rain, no, but I sure as hell do remember the first snowflake!  Huge snowstorm out and I was at a bar shooting pool with a friend.  We go out for a smoke we both get covered up and head out, then I started thinking, what the hell am I covering my head for, I would only do it before so my hair wouldn't puff out and make me look like a giant red cue tip.

It was withing my first week Sly and let me tell you, it was great!  the cold feeling of the snow, then the water trickling off the bald head felt great!

Oh, it also made it easier, I went to the bar, grabbed some napkins and wiped the dome, but my friend had to go fix his hair again for a few minutes.

GASlick

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 09:21:43 PM »
Feels awesome.  I don't remember the first time, but when I was hooking up the trailer for our camping trip last week it was raining.  Feels good to me.

RICKYBOBBY74

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 09:40:47 PM »
its about as good as the 1st nite after going sly and laying the dome onto a nice cool pillow

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2008, 12:42:09 AM »
the first rain was very cool but, Jer your right the first time snow hit the dome that was cool(no pun intended) I was up in your area, in Brantford ON it was coming down so hard it actually started to pile up a little in the dome.

Offline Jer

• People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
  • Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2008, 01:30:03 AM »
the first rain was very cool but, Jer your right the first time snow hit the dome that was cool(no pun intended) I was up in your area, in Brantford ON it was coming down so hard it actually started to pile up a little in the dome.

Yeah, that's what it was like for me, and it wasn't the fine dry powdery snow, it was the big half inch wet heavy flakes...  It felt great, and then the looks from all the people as I wiped the dome dry, I could see envy in the eyes of so many of the guys in there with their hair all done up.   ;D

Offline StumpyDave

• Super Sly
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2008, 05:56:56 AM »
I've been shaving for 7 years now.  I live in England.  You've heard about the weather here.  How could I possibly remember anything to do with rain when it never stops?

I can remember the feeling of hail on my shiny top.  Definitely one to be avoided.

Offline Jodah777

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 11:28:03 PM »
I really don't like getting rained on in the first place. Without a protective shield on my head, the rain drives me nuts! I feel like a po' little kitty in the rain, so I gotta run to where I'm going!