Author Topic: The 3:00 Wall  (Read 6061 times)

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
The 3:00 Wall
« on: July 14, 2008, 03:48:31 PM »
I dont know what it is but it seems at least a few days a week at around 3:00 I feel like I could just crawl under my desk and take a nap. I am an energetic guy and usually by 4:00 or so it seems to be gone.

Anyone else suffer from the 3:00 wall syndrome?

“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

BALDANDRE

Re: The 3:00 Wall
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 03:55:13 PM »
Used to when I worked at a job...

A sugar let down from lunch...and you're stomach is tired from digesting...

it's snack time or coffee break time bro...

just make sure it's as healthy as you can make it...

You know gotta keep the bald dude "Marz" a sleak, slim badass, bald mo-fo! ;)

and...it's probably the heat we're not used to here in the NW! ;) ;) ;)

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 03:58:56 PM »
I get that way too bro.  I experienced it today really bad.  I was sitting at my desk after busting butt at work and looked up and I had 2 more hours left.  I think my eyes actually did close for a few...lol

But when I get home I usually recline back in the recliner and take a quick doze.

Offline Jer

• People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
  • Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 04:00:53 PM »
Oh yeah, I get that all the time, with my 12hr shifts from 8pm to 8am, it usually ends up being sometime between 4 and 5 in the morning that I hit The Wall...

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 04:11:50 PM »
Its funny because after work I dont feel tired at all... its just from 3 to 4-ish.

I think your right Andre, I am gonna go get a Monster drink and wake my arse up. (the weather has benn quite nice up here latley :)!)

“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

marty22

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 04:39:53 PM »
2:00-3:30pm--I take a Tiger Woods gatorafe sometimes to build up energy.

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 05:56:12 PM »

HAH! My Dad pounds that stuff and he swears its because it tastes good (although he is an avid golfer, huge fan of tiger and I never knew him to be such a fan of Gatorade in the past..). He is man crushing Tiger so bad I am surprised he hasn't bought a Buick.

I downed a lo-carb Monster and that seems to have done the trick.

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2008, 08:21:55 PM »

I downed a lo-carb Monster and that seems to have done the trick.

Right on brother!  You've found the magic elixir!

Offline BlackJamesRackham

• Sly Bucco
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 11:40:34 PM »
I'm not a morning person, so I usually hit the wall before I even get to work. But if I can make it to lunch, I'm good to go until I go to bed
Rockin' "Sly" since 2008

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2008, 02:20:24 AM »
I dont know what it is but it seems at least a few days a week at around 3:00 I feel like I could just crawl under my desk and take a nap. I am an energetic guy and usually by 4:00 or so it seems to be gone.

maybe you should have a 'Marz' bar?
*punches self in head*
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2008, 09:37:37 AM »
Haha Magma....lol

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2008, 12:03:21 PM »

*punches self in head*

Yeah... not the high point of your usual brilliant sense of humor Magma... But I forgive...  :*))

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2008, 02:44:05 PM »

*punches self in head*

Yeah... not the high point of your usual brilliant sense of humor Magma... But I forgive...  :*))

everyone has an off day  :D
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2008, 02:49:59 PM »

*punches self in head*

everyone has an off day  :D

bah, I did chuckle a bit...

GASlick

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2008, 07:10:27 PM »
If it makes you feel better, when I work the night shift like tonight; I hit the 3AM wall.  I get up, have some coffee and walk around for about 20-30 minutes