Author Topic: waiting.. waiting.. waiting...  (Read 18662 times)

Offline hammerdrill376

• Get your SLY on
  • Sly Bureau
    • Welcome to our little part on the web
Re: waiting.. waiting.. waiting...
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2008, 05:43:08 PM »
There is no "correct" amout of time. Can't speak for others but I am a very routine oriented type of person. Thats why it takes me 20 minutes on average. But if 75 minutes is your norm nothing to be bad about...just be bald and be proud. Besides man..if your at math you automatically have my admiration. Hell I have trouble without a calculator.. :/O
Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place. If victorious we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.

Gen. Robert E. Lee C.S.A

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2008, 06:12:17 PM »
I am totally cool with my guy being sly, and in fact I prefer it.  The only thing that I don't like about it is how he takes longer than I do to get ready  >:( arr...

How long do most of your routines take?  How often do you have to shave?

First couple weeks honestly shaving takings about 4 minutes. My morning routine total is about 20-25 if I'm still tired

Offline Vash

• Be Kind For Everyone You Meet Is Fighting A Hard Battle
  • Super Sly
  • Bald, Bearded, Tattooed, Awesome!
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2008, 06:22:08 PM »
Since I started Headblading (instead of regular razors) I can be in and out of the shower in 10 minutes clean, smooth and fresh. I shave about every other day, usually before bed. if I do it more often than that, I tend to get pretty bad razor burn.

I do break the routine and take a longer shower on performance days (I play in a band), then I do a cursory scalp scrape just be sure I'm looking as smooth as possible.

For most shower shavers the time gets shorter as the process becomes automatic. It gets to be as simple as your average persons shampoo/conditioning routine.
~Vash

FB: Vashon Bench
Twitter: @gingerbeardpdx
Instagram: @gingerbeardpdx

Offline Papa Don

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2008, 10:50:21 AM »
At three months of being Sly, I am down to about 20 minutes.  A far cry from the first month.  I have a fettish about any stubble.
Shavings is fairly quick, about 5-6 minutes, but going back over to get perfectly smooth takes some time.  Seventy-five minutes is a little long, but it's your time and head.  I'm sure you will cut it shorter in time.  Good luck.
I am no better that anyone else, but by God, no one is better than I am

Offline Danny

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2009, 08:16:17 PM »
Does he use a headblade? I'm way faster with a headblade than a regular razor. Probably only takes about 1/3rd of the time.

Offline The Scottish Ambassador

• Scottish Ambassador to SBG!
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2009, 10:32:18 AM »
I can get up at 5.15am, shave, shower, dress and be sitting in the work colleague canteen having coffee at 5.45am for 6am start. Takes me 3 mins to drive to work. Getting quicker by the day. The old noggin is getting tougher and I dont need to be so careful anymore.  :) ;) O0
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • The honey tastes sweeter when you anger the bees.
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2009, 12:24:25 PM »
Ahhh, I dunno. Showered, shaved, dressed, and ready to go in about... 15 minutes? Maybe 20 on a day when I feel like taking my time.

Offline TANK25

• A PHILLY GUY
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2009, 08:02:43 AM »
30mins to shower and shave.
Don`t sweat the small stuff.<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-users1.imagechef.com/ic/stored/2/090107/sampc1253c6e4ba15e87.jpg[/img] [/url]

stemikger

« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2010, 04:47:32 AM »
I just started shaving every day and it takes me about 10 minutes.  However, I use an electric so I can do it while I'm reading the newspaper.

Offline Papa Don

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2010, 10:07:43 AM »
These post have me wondering?  What is the difference in time for those of your that are MPB and those that are BBC.
BBC'er have a lot more hair to get rid of.  Therefore, more time.  As you know, perfection does take time.
I am no better that anyone else, but by God, no one is better than I am

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2010, 10:19:23 AM »
I shave everyday.  And it takes me 45-1 hour sometimes if I am using my safety razor.  But on a regular day with a headblade in the shower.  30-45 min.

stemikger

« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2010, 07:01:57 PM »
Posted by Pappa Don
These post have me wondering?  What is the difference in time for those of your that are MPB and those that are BBC.
BBC'er have a lot more hair to get rid of.  Therefore, more time.  As you know, perfection does take time.

Yeah, it does take a little longer Pappa Don.  I am receding but still have a full head of hair.  Also the hair I do have is very thick.  My wife calls it gorilla hair because (she is a hairdresser) and when she used to cut it she said it dosen't even remind her of human hair, more like fur.

I just started using the Conair Cleanhead and if I let it go for a few days, it can take a while.  I think if I didn't have any hair on top it would be a lot quicker.

Offline IgnoranceIsBliss

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2010, 02:48:30 PM »
How long do most of your routines take?  How often do you have to shave?

I groom about every three to four weeks or did you mean my head? I shave with clippers once a week. :P