Author Topic: Shaving Cream or Gel?  (Read 316257 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Shaving Cream or Gel?
« on: August 31, 2006, 01:12:31 AM »
For all of you guys that use a straight/safety razor, what type of shaving cream or gel do you use?  Does anyone use shaving powder or shaving oil?

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline happyharry

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • bald, bold and beautiful
Re: Shaving Cream or Gel?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 01:27:28 AM »
I mostly use Nivea for Men Shaving Cream. It's a whitish cream and comes in a dark blue tube and is very cheap, but does a great job. You need
a brush to apply it (works terrible with your hands).

I just bought L'Oreal men expert shaving gel the other day. It comes in a long silver can. You briefly shake it and then press for the gel to come
out - but careful, it comes out REALLY fast and you almost always wind up with too much gel on your hand. The good thing about it is you can use your
hand to apply it, no need for a brush, and it's scentless. Other than that, it's not any better than the Nivea cream (but more expensive), so I'll stick to Nivea for now.

Who loves ya, baby?

gearhedguy

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 02:38:07 PM »
I seem to have the best success with shave gels. . . Edge or even the non-brands such as Kmart brand work very well. But I wet my head first before applying the gel cuz it makes it even more slippery for closer shaves.

Offline Baldego

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 06:40:05 PM »
Hello All, I just joined!! I have been shaving my head for Ten Years and i mainly shave my head while in the shower...... with no cream or gel just water...

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 06:49:15 PM »
Welcome Baldego!!

I have been shaving my head for Ten Years and i mainly shave my head while in the shower...... with no cream or gel just water...

WOW!  No razor burn?
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Baldego

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2006, 06:55:55 PM »
Thanks for the Welcome Tyler..... No I never get Razor burn ... so far lol

Offline hipstersaint

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2006, 04:17:30 PM »
  I like gel, because I shave in the shower, usually, and the gel just kind of works....
  when I'm feeling crazy, I take a second pass with a fresh blade and baby oil....when I'm feeling crazy....

Offline Yeti

• "Fear profits a man nothing"
  • Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
  • Big, Bald, & Friendly... ~Yeti
    • Yeti's Realm (MySpace Page)
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2006, 06:18:41 PM »
I normally use gel, before I shower, sometimes (not too often) I will shave in the shower... I do like the water running on top feel as I shave, but I guess mainly the sink due to goatee maintenance issues hehe   8)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 09:44:07 PM by Yeti »
~Yeti
-------------
Tyler's Assister w/ creation of SBG & 1st Mod (now I am Elusive, but ALWAYS watching. hehe
-------------
BIG, FURRY, & BALD: Tattooes almost 300 hrs, Piercings several, Gamer; Internet 13+ yrs, Movies, Music, Drinks w/ friends, Ladies, my kids.
-------------

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2006, 07:14:45 PM »
i use edge shave gel

Offline Apollo5

• currently currently
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2006, 11:43:37 PM »
just don't use that walmart store brand shave gel. it doen't cling to your face or scalp very well and makes a huge mess. im useing Barbrassol shave gel right now. ive tried more expensive gels but they dont seem to do anything special. Fusion and Mach3 gels aren't special

Offline robert

• Sly Guy in Training
    • Running in the Halls
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2006, 11:01:55 PM »
Hello All, I just joined!! I have been shaving my head for Ten Years and i mainly shave my head while in the shower...... with no cream or gel just water...

me too.  used to use lotion and that was niiiiice.  just too lazy now.

Offline michael21228

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2006, 07:25:15 PM »
I use edge shave cream, works pretty well, nice lather

Offline Yeti

• "Fear profits a man nothing"
  • Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
  • Big, Bald, & Friendly... ~Yeti
    • Yeti's Realm (MySpace Page)
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2006, 10:11:22 PM »
Edge or Gilette Shave Gel here and never have issues on my melon, but I get the occasional irritation on my neck since I shave 100% of that, 360 degrees, too... lol  ugh
~Yeti
-------------
Tyler's Assister w/ creation of SBG & 1st Mod (now I am Elusive, but ALWAYS watching. hehe
-------------
BIG, FURRY, & BALD: Tattooes almost 300 hrs, Piercings several, Gamer; Internet 13+ yrs, Movies, Music, Drinks w/ friends, Ladies, my kids.
-------------

Offline CarlosMIS

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2006, 02:19:18 PM »
In the shower I let the water hit right on top of the area I'm shaving and it's great.
HeadSlick takes care of the rest.
Sincerely Bald,
Carlos

Offline Bald Medic

• Learning the way of Sly
    • My Space
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2006, 05:37:49 AM »
I use a Gillette gel for shaving out of the shower and for shaving in the shower I use Gillette Multiglide Shave Gel...It works great in the shower it won't just rinse off or come completely off in one stroke so it is great for repeated strokes in the shower