Head Shaving, Grooming & Care > Head Shaving

Shaving Cream or Gel?

(1/115) > >>

Tyler:
For all of you guys that use a straight/safety razor, what type of shaving cream or gel do you use?  Does anyone use shaving powder or shaving oil?

happyharry:
I mostly use Nivea for Men Shaving Cream. It's a whitish cream and comes in a dark blue tube and is very cheap, but does a great job. You need
a brush to apply it (works terrible with your hands).

I just bought L'Oreal men expert shaving gel the other day. It comes in a long silver can. You briefly shake it and then press for the gel to come
out - but careful, it comes out REALLY fast and you almost always wind up with too much gel on your hand. The good thing about it is you can use your
hand to apply it, no need for a brush, and it's scentless. Other than that, it's not any better than the Nivea cream (but more expensive), so I'll stick to Nivea for now.

gearhedguy:
I seem to have the best success with shave gels. . . Edge or even the non-brands such as Kmart brand work very well. But I wet my head first before applying the gel cuz it makes it even more slippery for closer shaves.

Baldego:
Hello All, I just joined!! I have been shaving my head for Ten Years and i mainly shave my head while in the shower...... with no cream or gel just water...

Tyler:
Welcome Baldego!!

--- Quote ---I have been shaving my head for Ten Years and i mainly shave my head while in the shower...... with no cream or gel just water...
--- End quote ---

WOW!  No razor burn?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version