Author Topic: Gas Prices  (Read 25604 times)

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Gas Prices
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2007, 03:29:34 PM »
60 to fill up a liberty? OUCH!!!
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2007, 05:38:16 PM »
Yep now they are talking about charging us by the mile to reduce congestion.  Too many cars not enough country!!

But the problem is public transport is a bit ropy too. 
The UK, has, compared to the US, great public transportation.  I was able to cover the England and Scotland by train with no problem.  Even the bus to St. Andrews was great.  Over on our side of the pond, train service is spotty and only to major cities.  As for the buses ..... forget it.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Braco

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2007, 05:29:05 PM »
Ok so i did a little research. 1 gallon is approximately 3.785 litres and one liter of gas about 9,5 danish kroner.
One gallon is about 36 danish kroner. And one US dollar is approximately 5.5 danish kroner.
So one gallon of gas will cost you about 6.5 US dollar in Denmark.  :-\
Conclusion, buy your gas elsewhere O0

Offline SlickCountry

• Sly
    • FirehouseChaplain.org
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2007, 05:55:16 PM »
It is $2.80ish around here.  I filled up the Silverado for $62.50 the other day.  I'm looking for something else to drive to and from work.  This is killing me.

Offline Beer Barron

• Super Sly
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2007, 06:17:10 PM »
$2.80 for 87 Oct.  As long as we keep paying it, it will continue to rise.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2007, 06:21:18 PM »
Put some gas in the Acura this morning @ $3.19 a gallon (Rocklin,CA), which is still $0.30+ cheaper than the Bay Area.

It's funny, prior to the November 2006 mid-term elections, all the main news outlets babbled on about was how the Bush Administration was in bed with "big oil" and they intentionally lowered the price of gas prior to the elections to give the GOP a favorable view in the court of public opinion. Now in April 2007 (after the democrats took control of congress), there's no news on the reasons to justify the fact gas is as high as ever (i.e. no "blame game"), only reports on how to improve your gas milage and the fact that very few stations in the US carry e-85 (ethanol).

It's an absolute joke.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2007, 08:27:39 PM »
Yeah - I've been on the road a lot lately .... and Ye Gods ...$2.66 a gallon the other day.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

KALBO

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2007, 09:10:21 PM »
At $2.90 a gallon here and for the amount my family drives...I am very happy that my cars are nearly paid for, since a month's worth of gas now exceeds my car payment itself!!!  >:( Never thought that would happen...

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2007, 11:46:29 PM »
its $2.73 for 87 oct here......everyone can just get used it..it will never be low like it was...OPEC has gotten used to these prices..they will never let it get below $50 a barrel now.. they will shut down production when that happens and thats nothing that anyone in the US govt can change..demo or repub...
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2007, 08:37:46 AM »
I would agree Kajun. Price controls overseas makes it difficult to believe gas prices will return to levels we enjoyed a few years ago.

My point earlier on what the hypocrisy of the press and certain people now in control of congress choosing to NOT point fingers now that the November mid term elections are over.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2007, 09:11:50 AM »
Gas prices here are $ 1.05 per/liter for 87 octane.
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2007, 09:30:07 AM »
Lemme tell ya 'bout something I discovered that has helped me to SIGNIFICANTLY assuage the gas crunch.

My wife is a distributor for Fuel Freedom International (FFI).  They are endorsed by NASCAR, Mercedes Benz and General Schwartzkoff.

They have these things called "MPG Caps" that you just pop in yer gas tank when you fill up and it not only DRAMATICALLY increases fuel efficiency...it helps the overall health of yer engine.  I never fill up without them.

Check out this site and at the very least click on the picture of the engine (mid-page on the right) and check out "products" in the dropdown menu.

http://www.blackmore4.myffi.biz/en/

If ya want to try out some sample caps I'll be happy to send ya some....I was very impressed with how it improved my gas mileage.

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2007, 09:48:57 AM »
Hey Robmister, can you hook a brudda up?
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

BALDANDRE

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2007, 09:51:11 AM »
Dudes....please, it's friggin' $3.30 for 87 here in So. Cal! It's ridculous.

We'll talk when you all make it to the big leagues! O0

jusbnme

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2007, 11:44:31 AM »
About $2.20 around my way.