Author Topic: Rodeo?  (Read 1769 times)

Mike

Rodeo?
« on: June 30, 2008, 09:54:51 PM »
Just wondering if anyone here has done rodeo before? When I was a kid I always rode horses. At the county fair I did bull calf riding, then went to steer riding. Once I was 16 I was ready to ride a real bull. I paid my $20 entry fee and signed my life away and rode a bull. My first ride was 2.3 seconds. I was addicted and I rode until I was about 25. Riding a bull is awesome, the adrennaline rush I got while sitting in the chute gettin ready cant be beat by anything. After riding the bull I was always so hyper, I could have run 10 miles before getting tired. I had a few fans, my wife and a few friends that were real noise makers. Tonight at the grocery I ran into someone in line, they kinda did the second look thing and came up to me and asked if I ever did rodeo. I told them yes and they said that they loved my final ride. It brought back many many memories such as the wild nights afterwards, the many broken bones, the bad falls, the good rides, the long drives to get to rodeos, the good friends made, the smell, it was all so great. I almost wish I could do it again but my wife always tells me that I am getting old and that I would be on the doctors s**t list, and if I were to get hurt what would the kids do, that kind of thing. Every once in a while I will go and jump on the broodmare that aint broke just for the rush.
 Has anyone else ever done rodeo even mutton bustin as a kid?

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Rodeo?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 10:37:33 PM »
While I haven't participated in any of the events, I did partake in the parties afterward!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Mike

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 10:49:46 PM »
I went to too many of the after parties, lol. I am suprised that my wife didnt get pregnant before we were married. There are some parties that were great, I got into a couple fights before over something dumb. Ahh, the good ol days...

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 05:32:59 AM »
mike, you are a crazy bastard. while i did some bullfighting, there is no way i would tie myself to those damn things. ha ha ha i guess we kinda needed each other. yall needed us to save yer asss and we needed yall to keep riding so we could make a few buck saving yer asss. and the after parties.............. damn i misss those days. ha ha ha

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 07:12:07 AM »
I'm with ya Mike, rode bulls for a few years. I hear ya on the adrenaline rush. Absolutely nothing like it!!! We always had some good parties and dances afterwards. I miss the camaraderie the most I think. Made a lot of good genuine friends.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 07:44:14 AM »
Never participated but have been a fan for years and a card carrying member of the PRCA for a long time.

Mike

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 07:49:56 AM »
PBurke, that is very true, many of the bull riders would probably be trampled without the bull fighters. Some of the bull fighters I see at rodeos are crazy, they do tons of fancy foot work and all, lol.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 10:14:59 AM »
it was just fun. not fancy. ha ha ha ha

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!