Author Topic: ONE LEGGED boy defies odds... plays little league baseball  (Read 2903 times)

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
ONE LEGGED boy defies odds... plays little league baseball
« on: June 05, 2008, 09:58:43 PM »
hello fellow chrome domes:  U don't have 2 B a sports fan 2 B touched by this truly amazing young fellow.  check out his story...

http://www.9news.com/news/watercooler/article.aspx?storyid=93099&catid=337

WARHAWK O0

Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

GASlick

Re: ONE LEGGED boy defies odds... plays little league baseball
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 10:01:22 PM »
What a cool story.  Sounds like he's a really neat kid.  I can only imagine how discouraging that must have been to his parents to have that happen to a one year old.

Sounds like he has it together.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 10:35:11 PM »
WOW that is awesome!!!
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 04:28:37 AM »
Amazing Boy!!!!

When I was in my early teens there was a boy that we all played ball with that had one arm. He had lost his other arm in an accident when he was younger. The kid was amazing. He could hit and field with the best of us. He never hit the ball far but he could hit. In the field he was unbelievable.
The other amazing thing about this kid was that he had a labrador retriever mix that followed him everywhere. They were best buddies. The amazing thing about the dog was that he only had three legs. So this one armed boy would come to the ballfield with his three leged dog. It was amazing to see and even then it was very inspirational to me.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 06:49:06 AM »
Absolutely amazing and inspirational story Mel.   When so many kids today what everything done for them, this young man literally steps up to the plate and get the job done all by himself.  Thanks for a bright spot in the day
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 06:50:57 AM »
I'll second that. Very inspirational story.

Offline Nick912

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Above All!
    • US Air Force
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008, 10:06:17 PM »
bless that boy. He will do good  O0 things in his lfe
==SLY SERGEANT==

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2008, 04:46:19 AM »
when i was a wee lad, there was a guy that played ball with us that had lost his leg from the knee down. good athlete with a good outlook. never let it stop him.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Joe442

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 08:12:56 AM »
Awesome story!!  At our little league park, they periodically host what is called a challenger division and it is made up of kids who who are both mentally and physically handicapped.  It's very touching to watch them and just see their desire to play and their will!  It's a lesson that no matter how difficult you think you may have it, just look at these kids and their drive and it puts things into perspective!

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 08:31:22 AM »
Great story Warhawk, thanks for sharing  :)
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Offline StumpyDave

• Super Sly
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 03:01:25 PM »
That's neat.
I used to fence and there was a lad at our club who was born with only one leg.  He was pretty good and didn't view it as a handicap at all.  He wanted to go to the paralympics but was disappointed to find that the only form of fencing for physically disabled was in wheelchairs and he hated that.
Last time I saw him he was back from college studying podiatry.  He said that as he only had 1 fot he'd better make sure he could take care of it. ;D