Author Topic: headphone/earbuds  (Read 6782 times)

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
headphone/earbuds
« on: January 07, 2007, 06:55:41 AM »
i just finally broke down and got an mp3 player, but i hate the earbuds. they don't stay put. aside from taping them in place, what can i do? does anyone have any suggestions as to good replacements? i saw some that looked like they would work but i can't see paying $200 bucks for earbuds to go on a $70 player. haven't tried to do any excercise with them yet. i will let you guys know how that goes.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

BaldRob

Re: headphone/earbuds
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 07:32:34 AM »
They make them in different styles.  Most earbuds are too big for my ears, so I get the type that have hooks over the ears.  I think I got them at Target for $6...

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 07:35:27 AM »
i saw some that look like swimming earplugs. kinda wanted to check those out but not sure how they will sound.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 11:52:27 AM »
Yeah, those are pretty comfortable Paul.  I wear a pari by Phillips that go into the ear (ear buds) that are pretty comfortable.  Sony also makes some really inexpensive pairs that are pretty comfortable.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

ChadinSO

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 01:24:29 PM »

My ears are small.  I have a IPOD Nano with the standard headphones, they work pretty good!

Chad

Offline FateWillWin

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 08:13:53 PM »
Yo, i just bought these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=020&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=300062720303&rd=1&rd=1

to go with my ipod shuffle

i hate the ear ones they give you so i bought this, they r cheap and work great, i just started getting back into shape, after the wrestling season ended, i havent done much!

bmwgsa

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2007, 05:54:04 PM »
Get yourself some Etymotic ER-6 or ER-6i's.

I got a pair of ER-6's at NAMM about 3 years ago and they sound as good today as the day I got 'em.  I use them for workouts, under the helmet on the bike, walking, work, just about everything and everywhere.

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2007, 07:44:28 PM »
Not for working out, but eventually I will buy the bose noise cancelling headphones.   Those are sweet.
bald for life

Offline Hawk

• Sly
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2007, 08:07:50 PM »
The Bose are good headphones (my wife has them for her iPod), but I went with the V-MODAs and the sound is incredible!!!

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=E1D86251&nplm=TK972LL%2FA
Hawk
"I live life in the fast lane and my hair couldn't keep up"

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2007, 09:18:49 PM »
Not for working out, but eventually I will buy the bose noise cancelling headphones.   Those are sweet.

I have a pair of Phillips SBC HN060 Noice Cancelling head phones.  They cost around $50 and are close enough to the Bose that they are worth buying instead of paying that much money.  Unless you are just really intrested in that bit of extra quality.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2007, 04:38:01 AM »

I have a pair of Phillips SBC HN060 Noice Cancelling head phones.  They cost around $50 and are close enough to the Bose that they are worth buying instead of paying that much money.  Unless you are just really intrested in that bit of extra quality.

I saw another brand as well when I got my sirius satellite radio installed after christmas at tweeter.    I just always mention bose because we have a bose store in a mall out here and it is fun to walk into and see all the gadgets.
bald for life

Offline Jeremy

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2007, 11:58:51 PM »
I dunno if anyone is still looking for an answer on this, but I will give my opinion anyway.  I have an ipod nano, I use it for runs and spinning/cycling indoors with a fluid trainer.   I've found that sweat destroys headphones, although I've never tried a bigger set of headphones, or a more expensive one.  So what I do is go to Big Lots and buy 3 or 4 sets of their one dollar headphones and just use them until they break which is generally 3-5 months.  The head phones are really plain, but get the job done if you are exercising and don't want heavy headphones or headphones that get in the way. 

Enter your email address: