Author Topic: Hobbies & How you spend your time  (Read 22670 times)

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Hobbies & How you spend your time
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2007, 08:00:40 AM »
Golf, running/fitness, cooking, wine, spending time in the Lake Tahoe area, and watching my 8 yr old daughter and 6 year old son grow up way too fast.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2007, 08:04:00 AM »

...watching my...daughter and...son grow up way too fast.

Oh, man....don't remind me

Offline VFRWolf

• Sly VFR Rider
  • Super Sly
    • My off roading page
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2007, 08:35:43 AM »

A fellow jeeper... <wave>

Wave back, do you wheel your's?  Or is it a pavement pounder?  Nothing wrong with pavement pounding, sometimes I wish mine was streetable again. It's been banged up, turned over, and cut up so much, pretty much off road only.
Rob
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071117/sampa714ba256de1d637.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline VFRWolf

• Sly VFR Rider
  • Super Sly
    • My off roading page
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2007, 08:36:39 AM »

Amen, my little girl is a freshman in college.
Rob
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071117/sampa714ba256de1d637.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Hawk

• Sly
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2007, 08:37:31 AM »

You guys are gonna laugh, but that is really the hardest part about being an adult (even though I still act 12) is watching my kids get bigger.  My youngest just turned one years old.  She is our last child (we have three) and she is already growing up so quick and won't be a baby much longer  :-\.

I took her to the park by our house this last weekend!

Here is all three of my kiddos!

« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 08:41:05 AM by Chicken Hawk »
Hawk
"I live life in the fast lane and my hair couldn't keep up"

BaldRob

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2007, 08:41:12 AM »

A fellow jeeper... <wave>

Wave back, do you wheel your's?  Or is it a pavement pounder?  Nothing wrong with pavement pounding, sometimes I wish mine was streetable again. It's been banged up, turned over, and cut up so much, pretty much off road only.

Done some minmal stuff... trails through my folks' land and such, but it's my DD so I can't go too crazy!  I still remember my first jeep... bought it brand spankin' new for $9990 in '92.  Second one was a used 95... this one bought brand new (05 Rocky Mountain... softtop + half doors) for $21K after my discount!  Can't believe how expensive they gotten over the years!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2007, 08:50:12 AM »
Good looking family. And no Rob, I'm not talking about you and your baby jeeps.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline VFRWolf

• Sly VFR Rider
  • Super Sly
    • My off roading page
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2007, 09:39:03 AM »
Very cute kids, look out, they grow up to be teenagers.

Rob, 97 I bought used in 2000, I won't mention how much I've dropped into it since.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 09:44:39 AM by VFRWolf »
Rob

Offline Hawk

• Sly
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2007, 09:46:47 AM »
JEEPS are cool.  If I didn't have so much $$$ tied up in ATV (quads) I would get one!
Hawk

BaldRob

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2007, 10:39:08 AM »
JEEPS are cool.  If I didn't have so much $$$ tied up in ATV (quads) I would get one!

Very cute kids, look out, they grow up to be teenagers.

Rob, 97 I bought used in 2000, I won't mention how much I've dropped into it since.

Nice Wolf! 

J - Just
E - Empty
E - Every
P - Pocket

Have you seen the new ones yet?  I'm not liking them too much... especially the 4-door!   ??? ??? ???
Of course, I was the same way when they went from the square headlights to the round ones... swore I'd never buy one!

Offline VFRWolf

• Sly VFR Rider
  • Super Sly
    • My off roading page
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2007, 10:44:42 AM »
I like them ok, I think the control arms are much better, longer and beefier, more stable. 

I didn't like the sqaure headlights, at the time I had a CJ, loved the TJ's when they finally came out, but now I'm looking for an older YJ (sqaure headlights) to build up for the wife.
Rob

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2007, 10:59:16 AM »
My hobbies now a days are managing Sly Bald Guys, though this is quickly turning into a part time job!  I just recently got serious into playing golf, so I'm taking lessons in that.  I love to snow ski in the winter and wakeboard in the summer.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Noner

• I don't go shopping for hats. Hats go shopping for me.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Not a real doctor but would like to play one on TV
    • Nonerville
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2007, 11:31:22 AM »
When I'm not working, doing comedy or fighting off the lay-days I do have a few hobbies.

I swing dance (now taking ballrom and latin) and I'm into retro culture (40's & 50's only)

I go to classic car shows (even though I don't own one.....yet)

In the summer I sail on the Hudson River

I'm an inventor and hold a U.S. Patent

Noner

Offline Hawk

• Sly
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2007, 11:32:32 AM »
My hobbies now a days are managing Sly Bald Guys, though this is quickly turning into a part time job!  I just recently got serious into playing golf, so I'm taking lessons in that.  I love to snow ski in the winter and wakeboard in the summer.

Welcome to GOLF Tyler!  I'm 35 years old and I have been playing since I was 12 and it is a great game.  It requires patience most of all because as long as I have been playing I can still go out and shoot close to 100!!!! LOL!!!!
Hawk

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2007, 11:41:56 AM »
Welcome to GOLF Tyler!  I'm 35 years old and I have been playing since I was 12 and it is a great game.  It requires patience most of all because as long as I have been playing I can still go out and shoot close to 100!!!! LOL!!!!

Thanks Hawk!  I know what you mean about still shooting close to 100.  My dad has been playing for 5 or 6 years now.  There's been a couple times in the past year where I will go out with him and shoot better than he does...LOL!!  Then we'll go out the next day and I don't even come close!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Enter your email address: