Author Topic: What made you check out SBG?  (Read 12111 times)

Offline HardKor

• Sly Jr.
  • I Love Cam!
    • GodsGirls
Re: What made you check out SBG?
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2007, 02:31:18 PM »
Maybe if Cam was completely bald back then, I would have dated him sooner.  haha j/k   :@`
*~Kori Loves Cam~*

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2007, 02:42:01 PM »
Maybe if Cam was completely bald back then, I would have dated him sooner.  haha j/k   :@`

HA!
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2007, 03:08:16 PM »

That's funny!  My wife looks at my pictures with hair and tells me she can't believe she dated me when I had it...LOL.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2007, 05:20:27 PM »
After having a salon zero guard the head the first time, I wanted to learn some more about how to do it myself and get the smoothness.   Also, I wanted to see random opinions on the bald look on guys(positive articles/feedback).   I originally found headshaver.org and baldrus.com and then on one altavista search sly bald guys came up.   I checked out the site and it just seemed cool.   

I posted an introduction and just felt at home, and have been here ever since. 
bald for life

Offline Shiny

• Sly
  • Celebrate the bean
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2007, 06:32:31 PM »
Well being the ever impulsive wreckless fool that is me, I thought one day...  "hmm I should shave my head".  Out came the Mach III and in about 20 minutes I took the self portait that is my avatar and sent it to my wife.  Then I thought...  hmm, I wonder how to get rid of this shadow and then I thought...  I bet there's some stuff I should do to take care of my head and then I thought...  I wonder...  Did a search for head shaving and viola!  Here I'm is! You'se guys has made me feel so welcome and confident in my decision that now you can't get rid of me.  HAHAHAHAHA   >:D
I'm Brian and so is my wife!

Offline dieseldan04

• Dieseldan04
  • Sly
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2007, 06:46:03 PM »
I decided to cjeck out SBG after shaving my head and searching for a really good forum for us chrome domers.
Dieseldan04

Shine On Fellow Chrome Domers!

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2007, 07:30:28 PM »
I decided to cjeck out SBG after shaving my head and searching for a really good forum for us chrome domers.

well your search is over. there is none better than this. enjoy

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • The honey tastes sweeter when you anger the bees.
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2007, 12:03:15 AM »

Damn, I hate when she makes such good points. Shoulda' picked up the Headblade a lot sooner.

Offline Professor Melon

• Professor Melon
  • Super Sly
  • Professor Melon
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2007, 08:45:21 AM »
 :) Finding the site was part of the surprisingly extensive research I did on headshaving before making the decision to take it off. It was the first time the web played any significant part in my determining a personal option. I was amazed that there was such a community and such an informative, supportive conversation in cyber space--since I am somewhat older than most of the guys and the computer is still something relatively new and unexplored to me. I am  still impressed by the computer literacy and technological know-how of most SBGs. The links provided a much broader view of headshaving and balness than I could ever have hoped to get from anecdotal references. Had I known about this site when it was first established, I'd have shaved then. Professor Melon
Embrace the bald truth

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2007, 01:15:14 AM »
:) Finding the site was part of the surprisingly extensive research I did on headshaving before making the decision to take it off. It was the first time the web played any significant part in my determining a personal option. I was amazed that there was such a community and such an informative, supportive conversation in cyber space--since I am somewhat older than most of the guys and the computer is still something relatively new and unexplored to me. I am  still impressed by the computer literacy and technological know-how of most SBGs. The links provided a much broader view of headshaving and balness than I could ever have hoped to get from anecdotal references. Had I known about this site when it was first established, I'd have shaved then. Professor Melon

Prof, I'm so glad you found this site and that it helped you as much.  The funny thing is, if you had tried to find this site any earlier than you did,  you probably wouldn't have found it...LOL.  It launched in August, but it wasn't until late Oct. that it started registering very high in any of the search engines or having any links from other sites.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline TXFergie

• Sly Jr.
  • TXFergie on Day two of being shorn
    • TXFergie's MySpace Page!!
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2007, 10:13:53 PM »
I kinda did it the other way around, Professor. I shaved it off and THEN I went looking for info. I didn't realize how many sites are out there for us baldies.  I was doing google searches for "bald head care" and things like that when this website popped up. I've only been here a day or so but I think I'm in good company!!

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2007, 10:38:58 PM »
i found it a few months ago when i was thinking about shaving...i typed in yahoo search "head shaving" or "shaved head" and found it going through the links..... there was just a couple people that posted at that time...the ones i can remember were tyler,noner,happyharry and baldrob....i read the whole forum..every post...was tempted to do it.. but i chickened out ..

have stopped in a few times since then.....then i got the short haircut the other day and realized it looked like crap.... started thinkin about shaving again.... and here i be!
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2007, 07:17:52 AM »
Very glad you both found us. Hope you plan on sticking around too!
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2007, 11:15:32 AM »
Very glad you both found us. Hope you plan on sticking around too!
Ditto!