Author Topic: 2 anyone who drives a big truck, suv...  (Read 8733 times)

Offline ChallengeMe

• Super Sly
Re: 2 anyone who drives a big truck, suv...
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2008, 10:52:34 PM »
General Motors recently announced they are closing 4 assembly plants that produce SUV's and pickups laying off 10,000 people. The good news is the Lordstown assembly plant here in my town that produces the Cobalt and soon another new small car is adding a shift  and 1400 employees, most coming from other closed GM plants. Maybe a couple of empty houses on my street will be sold now.

Offline BlackJamesRackham

• Sly Bucco
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2008, 08:15:17 AM »
I'm actually planning on getting a Jeep Grand Cherokee within the next year...
Rockin' "Sly" since 2008

Offline Johnny

• Sly Finance Guy
  • Sly
    • NCompass Financial, LLC
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2008, 11:04:59 AM »
My lease is up on my Escalade ESV this fall. I plan on getting another one. The mpg is actually better from my '05 to the new '08.

Offline flattop peterbilt

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2008, 05:57:55 PM »
well i have a 94 flattop pterbilt it get 6 to 7 miles to the gallon..yes it is for sale...i have a 94 mitsubishi 3000gt..not selling it i have a 85 dodge pickup with a 318 cost over 120 to fill keeping it....and i have a 4 cylider saturn it is for sale...i have more just dont drive them,,.....lol and no my boat is not going anywhere either....
Life hands you four Aces bet high...life hands you four duces...call

Offline zzaapp

• Sly
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2008, 10:42:32 PM »
A few years ago, we borrowed a friend's Ford Expedition to move my son and a friend to their college dorms across the state.  It was fully loaded and pulling a trailer.  We were floored by the amount of fuel that beast used back then.  I couldn't imagine having to feed that thing today. 

Offline TheTrucker

• Super Sly
    • Knitting On The Road
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2008, 12:20:38 PM »
I think we have different definitions of a "big truck" :D
Mason

Linux: because a pc is a terrible thing to waste.

What do you mean guys don't knit????

Offline chica

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2008, 01:15:43 PM »
I'm keeping my 98 Izuzu Trooper. Though I don't put many miles on it anymore since I walk or bike to work everyday.

Ha! I've been biking to work too. There's more than one way to stretch a tank of gas, and we don't have to worry about helmet hair!

Offline FR8TRAIN

• Sly Bureau
  • Go ahead, rub it!
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2008, 02:13:29 PM »
I'm keeping my 98 Izuzu Trooper. Though I don't put many miles on it anymore since I walk or bike to work everyday.

Ha! I've been biking to work too. There's more than one way to stretch a tank of gas, and we don't have to worry about helmet hair!

You got that right Chica!!! O0
Tis better to have a bald head than no head at all.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2008, 04:46:02 PM »
We are all going to be driving Volkswagens before they are thru.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2008, 08:17:48 PM »
Start the revolution!  Bring back trains, bus stations in decent parts of town ... good reliable intercity mass-transit.  We sure as heck can't afford to drive anywhere!

We are all going to be driving Volkswagens before they are thru.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline gidbg

• Sly Jr.
  • Just living the bald guy life
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2008, 12:13:44 AM »
My truck is paid off so its gonna stay in the driveway for now am hoping the nice weather will stay around and i can ride my motorcycle into early oct. after that i will just have to pay way to much to fill it up 28 gallon tank didnt sound that bad when i got it but its alittle tough to fill now.

Offline Tucker-54

• TheTucker
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2008, 01:22:16 AM »
I drive a 1954 ford f100 classic pick up restored by my pops and me. its is SOOO flashy and nice and has so much sentimental value to the family that we wouldn't even THINK about selling it. its a beautiful show car that gets me soo much attention, especially with the females.

Unfortunately, it gets about 8 MPG!!!!!! the huge engine just sucks up gas. So i went out and bought just as flashy a sport bike, wow. Can I get any cooler?? haha jk. My house is turning into a car lot. 7 vehicles. ha

Offline IRONHORSE

• The Sly Ogre
  • Super Sly
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2008, 04:48:27 PM »
We bought the wife a Honda Pilot  in 2005 - still have it, and have no plans for getting rid of it. It has the room we need to occasionally cart around Myself, Wife, Son, Daughter, Son in Law, and grandbaby (of whom only the Son in Law and Grandbaby fall under the 6 foot mark.) It has a (surprisingly powerful!) V6 motor and great fuel efficiency  for a full size SUV. Most of all, it's a Honda, with the legendary longevity and reliability. O0

As for me, I drive a Toyota Tacoma 4 banger - pretty good mileage, and when weather permits, my little Honda CM200T motorcycle - 60MPG, baby  ;)

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2008, 04:58:36 PM »
I love my Grand Cherokee ... I'm just probably moving closer to work

I have a Grand Cherokee also and it's paid for.....can't see trading it because the payment would far exceed the cost of the gas I would use.... O0

TwistedLefty

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2008, 06:45:36 AM »
I'm on my second F-250 4x4 diesel crew cab,
I traded my 2000 in 2004 and I'm keeping this one till the wheels fall off.
I probably put around 8000 or so miles a year on her.
she gets around 16.5-17 mph.
I pull around 3-5 cars and trucks out of the ditches every winter.

this is almost exactly how mine looks except that i have a hard cover over the bed, and drip guards over the windows

Enter your email address: