Author Topic: Billy Zane  (Read 22675 times)

BALDANDRE

Re: Billy Zane
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2008, 10:37:15 AM »

*sighs* it totally works for me BA  ;)
[/quote]

Suhweeet! :@`

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2008, 11:27:04 AM »

Yea, when he was in the spotlight more I would get a lot of..."You know you look like"...

yea, maybe not 100% anymore but... he's a real good guy though! O0

Yes, he is a good guy.  And it must be cool knowing you have a "twin" out there somewhere.

BALDANDRE

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2008, 12:04:15 PM »

Yea, when he was in the spotlight more I would get a lot of..."You know you look like"...

Yes, he is a good guy.  And it must be cool knowing you have a "twin" out there somewhere.

Well, I don't get offended when I'm likened to him! O0

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2008, 12:09:37 PM »

Well, I don't get offended when I'm likened to him! O0

The only celebrity I was ever compared to was Jason Alexander.  Some chick at work said I looked just like him a couple of years ago.  And I was really offended.   Couldn't figure out why anyone would make that connection with my sly dome.   :/O .  Admittedly, I did need to shed a few pounds at the time, but on my worst day, I never looked like him.

BALDANDRE

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2008, 12:29:41 PM »

The only celebrity I was ever compared to was Jason Alexander.  Some chick at work said I looked just like him a couple of years ago.  And I was really offended.   Couldn't figure out why anyone would make that connection with my sly dome.   :/O .  Admittedly, I did need to shed a few pounds at the time, but on my worst day, I never looked like him.

Looks wise...no way...

I'll do my best to think of one though!

Offline Jer

• People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
  • Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2008, 12:31:11 PM »
Well, before going sly I was always compared to 'The Mythbuster' Adam Savage.  I never saw all that much of a resemblance, but I don't see the Jason Alexander reference.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2008, 12:36:41 PM »
Well, before going sly I was always compared to 'The Mythbuster' Adam Savage.  I never saw all that much of a resemblance, but I don't see the Jason Alexander reference.

Actually you do look a little like Adam Savage.   If you'd had some shades and a leather jacket like his, you'd have been all set.

Here's how the Jason Alexander thing came up.  It's a case of just not being able to say the right thing no matter what you say.  I was having a conversation with this girl and it was about "who would play you if they made a movie about your life."   I was thinking that Queen Latifah would have been perfect to play this girl, but I decided not to say it because she might take offense.  But then she said, "I hate to admit it, but Queen Latifah would probably be a good choice for me."   At that point, I thought it was safe to agree wtih her and said, "Yeah, I could see that."  But I think she got pissed anyway and that's when the Jason Alexander comment came out.  Guess it was her way of getting back at me.

Offline Jer

• People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
  • Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2008, 12:51:39 PM »

Actually you do look a little like Adam Savage.   If you'd had some shades and a leather jacket like his, you'd have been all set.

Here's how the Jason Alexander thing came up.  It's a case of just not being able to say the right thing no matter what you say.  I was having a conversation with this girl and it was about "who would play you if they made a movie about your life."   I was thinking that Queen Latifah would have been perfect to play this girl, but I decided not to say it because she might take offense.  But then she said, "I hate to admit it, but Queen Latifah would probably be a good choice for me."   At that point, I thought it was safe to agree wtih her and said, "Yeah, I could see that."  But I think she got pissed anyway and that's when the Jason Alexander comment came out.  Guess it was her way of getting back at me.

The funny thing is though, he normally wears the black horn rimmed glassed although slightly larger than mine (pre-contacts that is).  My friend went out and got me a shirt that says "It's okay, I'm a Mythbuster!" and when I would wear it pre-Sly I'd get people telling me all the time I looked just like him.  At the beach town near my place everyone knows me as The Mythbuster too.

Have you checked out the face recognition on MyHeritage.com?  It doesn't always work well, but for some people it gives good results for what celebs you look like.  http://www.myheritage.com/celebrity-face-recognition  try and see what it does for you.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2008, 01:19:13 PM »
Interesting site, Fortin.  I definitely got a mixed bag of results:

Nanni Morretti
Hrithik Roshan
Anne Frank  ???
Johnny Depp
Rob Bourdon
AJ McLean
Colin Farrell
Hirai Ken
Billie Piper  ???
Chad Michael Murray

I don't know who most of these people are.  None of them are bald, either.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2008, 01:24:51 PM »
I ran it again with a different photo and got:

Mark Ruffalo
Amos Oz
Martin Heidegger   :Xo!
Christopher Lloyd in his Uncle Fester getup
Christopher Lambert
Per Gessle
Frederick Forysth
Billie Piper  - again    ???
Bashar al-Assad
David Schwimmer

Some of these results seem to be matching up with anybody who has a beard.  Others I'm not sure where they're coming from.  I don't think I'll be confused for any of these people, somehow.   

Offline Jer

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2008, 01:27:49 PM »
Yeah, like I said, it doesn't always work.  I get lots of the same ones and I guess it could be cause of the goatee/beard.  The only Sly guy that would keep coming up was Arnold Vosloo, which I don't see the resemblance other than being sly.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2008, 01:36:25 PM »
Yeah, like I said, it doesn't always work.  I get lots of the same ones and I guess it could be cause of the goatee/beard.  The only Sly guy that would keep coming up was Arnold Vosloo, which I don't see the resemblance other than being sly.

I just tried a couple of photos with the goat.  Got Joe Montana and Albert Einstein a couple of times.  Also got Daniel Craig, which is not unflattering but I really don't see any resemblance there either.

Offline IRDSM

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2008, 02:20:27 PM »
I tried a few times, and I got a whole bunch of celebs that don't look like me. The only one that even resembled me was keanu reeves, if my ears were flatter and my nose wider. The picture of Keanu had really short, buzzed hair though. Also got 50 cent ???

Dan

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2008, 02:27:51 PM »
Actually, you do look like Keanu a little, around the eyes.  50 Cent?  Hmm, spend a little more time in the sun and then we'll see.   >:D

Offline Jer

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2008, 02:52:24 PM »
Maybe we ought to rename this thread "Celebrity Lookalikes" and see how many of us Sly guys have famous people out there that look like US!  Yeah, that's right, we don't look like them, they just happen to look like us!  O0

I've also been told that I resemble Simon Pegg...