Author Topic: Tanning Head and other questions  (Read 11873 times)

Offline pbowman

• Learning the way of Sly
Tanning Head and other questions
« on: January 03, 2007, 11:07:30 PM »
Hello all, I'm new to the forum.
Actually been bald for quite some time, been shaving my head for about the last 8 years, but never gave any thought to head care, until now.  I was wondering if anyone use's a tanning solution on their head, to get over that fresh bleach look that I sometimes have.  I use to go to tanning beds, but with the price, health and cost of them, don't really go back to them now. 
I have always used soap or soap gel on my head, but been reading thats not a good thing to do.  I get very oily scalp, just a few hours after showering.  Also get these bumps on my head, not pimples, just bumps, they come and go though after a few days.
Anyway any suggestions you might make would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Phil

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Tanning Head and other questions
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 12:10:26 AM »
Hey Phil, welcome to Sly Bald Guys!

In regards to tanning lotions, I have not used one, so I can't recommend a specific product.  But, here's a post that does: http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=128.msg655#msg655

As for an oily head, here's a topic on that: http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=283.0

And for razor bumps, here's a post on that: http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=487.0

If these don't answer your questions, let us know and we'll offer up some more info if we can.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline seanc7nyc

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 01:09:56 AM »
Welcome,

I'm the blad dude that suggested the Touch Of Sun product from that link.  It works great for me.  The bottle is a little expensive, but you only need a small amount (size of a dime) to spread around your entire dome.  It's very suddle, but it removes that fresh skin look for me. 

Good Luck.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 05:55:57 AM »
welcome. pbowman. i have the same issues sometimes. hope we can both get some answers.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 06:34:50 AM »
welcome pbowman
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 08:46:38 AM »
A warm welcome to you, pbowman!!

I haven't yet gone slick...but I plan on using a product recommended on this sight for mitigating the fresh-shavin pale shadow.  It's "Touch of Sun" by Oil of Olay

One thing we don't want is the wrong self-tanning product where yer walkin' around with a big orange noggin.  :-\

Go to this post about the same subject:  http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=284.0

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 08:54:26 AM »
A warm welcome to you, pbowman!!

I haven't yet gone slick...but I plan on using a product recommended on this sight for mitigating the fresh-shavin pale shadow.  It's "Touch of Sun" by Oil of Olay

One thing we don't want is the wrong self-tanning product where yer walkin' around with a big orange noggin.  :-\

Go to this post about the same subject:  http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=284.0

don't wanna look like a pumpkin

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2007, 08:57:58 AM »

don't wanna look like a pumpkin

Precisely, my boy....jolly good

Offline Professor Melon

• Professor Melon
  • Super Sly
  • Professor Melon
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2007, 09:37:22 AM »
 :) Welcome, pbowman. As a member who has been shaving for only two months, I am impressed by your eight year commitment to the look. As time passes, I realize that my pre-bald image will seem as alien to me as the bald one did in the first weeks after I took the plunge. SBG has provided all the support and information, not to mention cameraderie, that I could ask for. Hope you enjoy these threads, and Happy New Year. Professor Melon
Embrace the bald truth

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2007, 09:58:58 AM »
What's wrong with lookin like a pumpkin? You could be your own Jack-o-Lantern for halloween and scare the neighborhood kiddies.

By the way, welcome Phil!
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2007, 10:12:34 AM »
What's wrong with lookin like a pumpkin? You could be your own Jack-o-Lantern for halloween and scare the neighborhood kiddies.

By the way, welcome Phil!

Ithink the hairy eyeball has that covered. don't you?

BaldRob

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2007, 11:11:53 AM »
Hi and welcome Phil!

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2007, 12:25:56 PM »
Hi and welcome to the group, Phil!  With the question look in to the post mentioned below.  They all have several good things to try.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline pbowman

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2007, 05:19:39 PM »
Thanks for all the replies and welcomes!
I use to try to hang on to every strand of hair that I could, never took my hat off in public and did the comb over.  One day as I was looking in the mirror I realized that I looked like Barney Fife when he messed his hair up and went straight to the barber and told them to cut it short.  After they did that I realized, it wasn't short enough, so take the rest off ....that was 8 years ago.  I must admit though that I don't always shave it completely, most times I leave very short stubble around the sides, could be trying to hang on to that last bit of hair, using a beard trimmer with the bare blade.  But if the tanning solution works, might just continue keeping it completely shaved.
Once again thanks for the replies.

Phil

Offline pbowman

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2007, 05:26:42 PM »
One last question, where can you buy this Oil of Olay Touch of Sun?  Can you get it at places like walmart, kmart, etc.  or do you have to order it somewhere.
Thanks

Phil

Enter your email address: