Author Topic: The worst part of being sly!  (Read 28074 times)

marty22

Re: The worst part of being sly!
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2008, 07:32:01 PM »
Banging my head into the glass shower door repeatedly. We remodeled the upstairs bath and had a shower curtain reaplce the glass doors.

Offline Big Boss

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2008, 07:08:25 PM »
the goddamn shadow... gotta go outside more.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2008, 07:17:53 AM »
In and out of cars, particularly rental cars, I keep hitting my head.  I just had a rental Mustang and I gave myself a couple of nasty wacks. 

Offline R o b 6

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2008, 07:34:36 AM »
In and out of cars, particularly rental cars, I keep hitting my head.  I just had a rental Mustang and I gave myself a couple of nasty wacks. 
Same here, SaintC. You get used to your own car, but the different heights of the rental car roofs and door shapes (I drive one for work trips) throws your SLY sensors off.

Offline geoff2k

• Learning the way of Sly
    • geoff2k.livejournal.com
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2008, 08:23:53 AM »
It turns out all that hair kind of acts like whiskers for a cat. It lets you know without looking whether your gonna hit your head or not. Being bald isn't the same! You gotta watch out! Not regretting it at all, but OW! my head!

You guys ever experience similar issues?  ;D

Dan

I've been bald for about a week and a half, and this is my biggest issue.  I keep bumping my head into the top of the car, bed frames, desks, you name it, if it's in my house and anywhere near the top or sides of my head, I've probably collided with it.  The funny thing is, my hair was never THAT long to begin with, so I'm very surprised how much I was relying on that inch or so of hair to keep my brain safe...

Offline HeadbladerBob

• Sly
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2008, 06:40:48 AM »
I experience the same thing and you just have to be careful. I hear the hey baldy jokes and sometimes I get more attention because of my shiny dome.  I see people with heads of hair and wonder if I could grow hair, would I and probably not now that  I have went sly for over 2 yrs now
God created only so many beautiful heads, the rest are covered by hair

Offline Dome of Steele

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2008, 12:26:17 AM »
I think people rubbing my head is one of the best parts of it.  Women seem to always want to rub my head.  There was this one chick, she asked me to rub it on her, well, that's for a different webpage. 

<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090813/sampff0212de70bbab6a.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline IRONHORSE

• The Sly Ogre
  • Super Sly
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2008, 01:28:03 AM »
I bang my noggin fairly often, too. And what's worse, I find that with no hair it cuts much easier, too - so when I whack the noggin, and I know it's a good one, I reach up there and see if there's blood on my hand... @c3

marty22

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2008, 05:37:04 AM »
I agree with IRONHORSE> Banging my noggin on shower doors, car doors or even a golf cart periodically.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2008, 07:53:55 AM »
I think people rubbing my head is one of the best parts of it.  Women seem to always want to rub my head.  There was this one chick, she asked me to rub it on her, well, that's for a different webpage. 

The ladies are fine, but recently some guy at work reached over and rubbed, no asking, just rubbed it--and it RUBBED me the wrong way :x!.  I damn near hit the guy--it weirded me out.

Offline THier

• Super Sly
  • Sorry for bad camera phone pic,,
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2008, 02:26:12 PM »
The absolute worst thing about being bald,,,

Running into spider webs with my bald head,, I'd rather not know they are there,

Tom

Offline hammerdrill376

• Get your SLY on
  • Sly Bureau
    • Welcome to our little part on the web
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2008, 02:30:09 PM »
Smackin your noggin on a flor joist under a house.....OUUUUUUUCH :Xo!
Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place. If victorious we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.

Gen. Robert E. Lee C.S.A

Offline BuzzDawg

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2008, 12:48:38 PM »
Smackin your noggin on a flor joist under a house.....OUUUUUUUCH :Xo!

Or just as bad, smacking it in a dark attic on a roof truss or a rafter.  Those things seem to come out of nowhere!
Now if a man loses the hair of his head, he is bald; he is clean.
- Leviticus 13:40

Offline HeadbladerBob

• Sly
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2008, 02:43:47 PM »
yes Sir I hit my noggin a lot more than I would like and if it bleeds, the scab or mark is more visible

B@^
God created only so many beautiful heads, the rest are covered by hair

Offline The Scottish Ambassador

• Scottish Ambassador to SBG!
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2008, 07:32:42 AM »
Yip, just need to look after the old bonce. The car door is the worst one for me. And I drive different cars a lot so I need to be really careful
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!