Author Topic: Disadvantage  (Read 6599 times)

Offline GaryT

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Disadvantage
« on: May 29, 2009, 02:51:12 PM »
Bug bites on the ol' noggin!! f

It's all about attitude!

Offline ShavedForNow

• Incomparable Sly Guy
  • Sly Jr.
  • Testing out the sly side of life
Re: Disadvantage
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 04:00:11 PM »
Can be harder to make new friends, because many people think you look threatening.

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 07:36:06 AM »
Bug bites on the ol' noggin!! f

Yeah: the bugs LOVE my noggin.  f is right.  >:(

Offline GaryT

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 12:07:34 PM »
So what can we do to change this??? Wear a headnet? Move to another clime? What to do? What to do???
It's all about attitude!

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 01:55:53 PM »
i forget which vitamin or supplement is supposed to minimize the "odor" that they home in on.  I'm sure you can Google that information and take the appropriate contra-supplement. I don't care where the mothers bite, I hate them.  Fortunately, since air borne bugs are considered a disease vector here in New Orleans, we have a pretty effective municipal control program including airborne spraying.  I wear my New Orleans Mosquito Control Board T-Shirt proudly.

Offline SlyintheOC

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 04:02:16 PM »
So what can we do to change this??? Wear a headnet? Move to another clime? What to do? What to do???

Gary, Avon has a product line called Skin So Soft Bug Guard Plus that also contains a SPF 30. According to the Scottish Ambassador it works well. I have to go by other people's advice on this cuz here in So Cal, we don't seem to have a big problem with those types of bugs. If you want to give it a try, let me know and I can give you a link to my Avon page.

Offline Ming the Merciless

• Super Sly
  • No More "Mr. Nice Guy"
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2009, 06:16:11 AM »
Nothing left to slow down sweat drips; thus I need a good supply of sweatbands for even normal out-of-doors matters on hot days.

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2009, 06:50:53 AM »
Nothing left to slow down sweat drips; thus I need a good supply of sweatbands for even normal out-of-doors matters on hot days.
Try using the Bald Guyz Head Wipes, HeadBlad also makes HeadWipes, bot products are fantastic, they help to clean and moisturise your head, especially on hot dry days. You might try putting them in thr fridge as well, awsome cooling feeling.

Now are you paying attention Bald Guyz and/or HeadBlade?? Can you make a Head Wipe that contains an SPF??????? Just a thought, the last thing I want to do on a hot sunny day is take out a Head Wipe and wipe of my dry possibly sweaty/dirty head, and end up wiping off the sunblock along with the dirt and oil and sweat!!
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline Antimidas

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Actual name is Marty.
    • Antimidas.net
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2009, 12:21:12 PM »
Eating garlic keeps the bugs at bay as well.  The oil comes out through your pores and acts as a natural repellent.  When I was in the Army, I would take a whole braid of garlic with me for field exercises and eat it raw.  Of course the 11 other guys in my section were not very happy with me since we all lived, slept and ate in the same truck without benefit of showers for a couple of weeks.   >:D

Offline BaldBear

• Bald, Bearded and Bear!
  • Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • "woof!"
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2009, 01:34:13 PM »
YIKES! I bet you kept more than just the bugs away!
 :*)) :*)) :*))
Woof!
"The more hair I lose...the more head I get!"

Offline Antimidas

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Actual name is Marty.
    • Antimidas.net
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2009, 03:00:24 PM »
Benefits of being the Section Chief.  I could get away with murder.  Kept the officers away!  :)

Offline Larry

• Sly Jr.
    • http://www.theelectroniccigarettecompany.com/
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2009, 09:56:59 AM »
The only disadvantage I've noticed is for the bugs that can't pole vault into my hair anymore when I visit my inlaws. O0  The only thing that bothers me now is keeping the oil in check.  Which hazel seems to help a little.

Offline Dome of Steele

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2009, 01:13:03 AM »
here in New Orleans, we have a pretty effective municipal control program including airborne spraying.  I wear my New Orleans Mosquito Control Board T-Shirt proudly.

SC, I remember my Mom making me go inside when the "mosquito truck" came around spraying! 

And Gary, there is a product I saw somewhere that had aloe vera in it that was an insect repellent.  It didn't have DEET or any of that stuff in it and it worked. 
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090813/sampff0212de70bbab6a.jpg[/img] [/url]

Clunkerider

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2009, 08:44:03 PM »
The only one I can think of it is can be some work to shave daily and keep smooth. I wish my hair would finish falling out and be smooth head all the time!

benmcd

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2009, 07:42:03 AM »
The one real disadvantage for me is sun burn, as we say down this side of the world, "slip slop slap" Slip on a shirt, slop on some sunscreen, and slap on a hat !
My head has been fried a few times and it really is no fun, I think Australia has the highest rate of skin cancer and melanoma in the world... so being a "nude nut" as we also say, has it's risks!
 :-\