Author Topic: WHEN was the last time U cut or nicked your dome?  (Read 5668 times)

Offline jhickman

• Sly Jr.
Re: WHEN was the last time U cut or nicked your dome?
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2008, 11:46:51 AM »
Not quite the dome, but I just made a pretty good attempt at taking my ear off with a beard trimmer lol

Offline Lord of the Rings Junkie

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2008, 10:21:35 PM »
Today. I was shaving in the shower with my Fusion and I took a chunk of skin about the size of a nickel out of the back of my scalp. :'( It didn't hurt too much, but now I have a stupid-looking band-aid and Neosporin on my head and I'll probably have to wait for it to heal completely before I can shave again.

I inspected the razor afterwards, and it looks like 2 of the 5 blades were a little lower than they were supposed to be. (So not all 5 blades were even with each other.) One of the lowered problem blades was where I pulled out my intact skin chunk from.) :XX

I know how you feel, RazorX!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 10:28:18 PM by Lord of the Rings Junkie »
"Et Earello Endorenna utulien.
Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar
tenn' Ambar-metta!"

Offline Jodah777

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2008, 01:47:12 AM »
I have finally found a way around getting nicked. I don't use shaving cream! I use soap. Bar soap is awesome because it leaves a lot of viscosity on your skin no matter how many times you run a razor on it. Body wash is better because it works like soap, but it won't clog up your razor.

Also, for the record, if someone sees that you shave your head, and there's a nick/gash on it, why oh why on Earth would they ask you, "what happened to your head, man?" I guess some people have nothing at all better to say.

Offline J Digory

• My head's like my bass playin': Smooth
  • Super Sly
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2008, 02:25:30 AM »
When I first shaved my head I slept a couple nights on a pillowcase I hadn't washed in a while. I'm a lazy single guy...what can I say? Anyway, I got a couple good pimples on the side of my head, and I cut both of them, but one was pretty tender and annoying. The styptic pencil worked awesome, though I would also like to get a block of alum.

I have never cut a gash or taken a chunk out of my head...and it makes me cringe to think about it. YOW!

Offline StumpyDave

• Super Sly
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2008, 07:01:22 AM »
I managed to give myself a small cut front/centre this morning.
Shaving left handed 'cos I sprained/broke my thumb last week kick-boxing.  I should know better by now!

Offline Lord of the Rings Junkie

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2008, 09:40:26 AM »
Here's a pic of the damage one day later. Note the marks from the band-aid adhesive on either side, lol. :)

"Et Earello Endorenna utulien.
Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar
tenn' Ambar-metta!"

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2008, 09:58:28 AM »
Nicked my ear a couple of days ago, no big thing.

Offline FR8TRAIN

• Sly Bureau
  • Go ahead, rub it!
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2008, 11:41:45 AM »
Funny you asked this HAWK. I nicked my noggin just this morning. I had a little bump right on the top and sure enough my trusty HeadBlade sliced that thing off like a wood plane.  :o

I hate that too cause now I've got to let that area heal which means I'll be sporting a 'grass bunker' up there til then. @c3
Tis better to have a bald head than no head at all.

Offline J Digory

• My head's like my bass playin': Smooth
  • Super Sly
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2008, 11:44:01 AM »
Why do I keep checking this thread?! I HATE hearing about cuts, and the head makes me cringe WAY more than the face!

Offline IRONHORSE

• The Sly Ogre
  • Super Sly
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2008, 11:22:30 AM »
Hahaha! This is an easy one for me. The last time I bloodied my noggin was the day I decided the Head Blade wasn't worth the trouble and round filed it. Went back to my trusty Mach 3, then on to my Quattro, and haven't nicked it since. O0

Offline PowerOfCheese

• Super Sly
  • Sly and be free
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2008, 11:41:47 AM »
I had 1 small pimple on the back left of my noggin. Was bothering me for almost 2 days. Well... sure enough I forgot about it while shaving and basically surgically removed it. Stung for a second but it ended up being a good thing. It was healed up in a day and didn't bother me anymore.
---- The greater the artist, the greater the doubt. Perfect confidence is given to the less talented as a consolation prize. - Robert Hughes

GASlick

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2008, 07:29:43 PM »
I nicked my head Saturday while we were camping.  ouch!  Don't shave after a few cold ones on a camping trip.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2008, 07:39:59 PM »
I hit a zit on the back of my neck yesterday and had no idea until I looked up in the mirror and saw that my right shoulder was covered in blood.  Amazing how much blood can come from a tiny cut.   :(