Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 15451 times)

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Newbie
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2007, 04:54:19 PM »
I shaved my dome for the 2nd time today with the HeadBlade. Both times I did not have a nick on the head or neck. However, I did nick the top of the opposite ear. The 2nd time, I tried shaving the entire dome using one hand. Not a good move for a rookie. HeadBlade's website recommends switching hands for each side of the nugget. I think that's a good idea. Personal trial & error will tell.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2007, 06:48:35 PM »
  Maybe the wife will join me?!?!?!

That's some good thinking!

Tyler - You getting some ideas for your next shave?
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2007, 08:19:05 PM »
Tyler - You getting some ideas for your next shave?

Ha!  I think I would be afraid to let my wife shave my head.  Because of her Filipina heritage, she doesn't have to shave her legs much, so I'm thinking she doesn't have much experience with a razor.  Though, she can get in the shower and help... :o
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Hawk

• Sly
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2007, 08:29:12 PM »
I shaved my dome for the 2nd time today with the HeadBlade. Both times I did not have a nick on the head or neck. However, I did nick the top of the opposite ear. The 2nd time, I tried shaving the entire dome using one hand. Not a good move for a rookie. HeadBlade's website recommends switching hands for each side of the nugget. I think that's a good idea. Personal trial & error will tell.

Which HeadBlade did you end up getting?  I'm thinking of getting the one with the wheels on it.
Hawk
"I live life in the fast lane and my hair couldn't keep up"

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2007, 08:35:23 PM »
I use the sport (the one with wheels) and love it!  Though, I never did try the classic.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2007, 06:13:36 PM »
Dang... you found PigPen's sister!!!   ;D

Hell Rob, that's what she looked like after your first date. Scared the hell out of her when ya pulled your britches off.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2007, 06:19:31 PM »

Hell Rob, that's what she looked like after your first date. Scared the hell out of her when ya pulled your britches off.
LOL - you saying that Rob scares women that bad
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2007, 06:32:39 PM »
yup
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2007, 06:36:34 PM »
I use the sport (the one with wheels) and love it!  Though, I never did try the classic.

Classic has worked fine for me. I'm not sure how much benefit I'd get from the wheels. Just shaved after my run this afternoon and no nicks whatsoever. SLY is here to stay!

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2007, 08:13:42 PM »
jan 22 is my one year anniv. had the classic anout a week after that. just got the sport for christmas. having trouble getting used to it. but i do love the headblade. hell, my buddy says i am addicted to being bald. maybe he is right. ;D

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2007, 07:14:33 AM »
I think the Sport glides easier with the wheels

BaldRob

« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2007, 07:41:00 AM »

Heh... not even going to comment on that!  But I'd rather scare them then have them laugh... you know that feeling don't you PigPen?  ;D

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2007, 07:45:57 AM »
They may laugh at my looks, but passout when I pull my drawers down. hehehehe

BaldRob

« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2007, 07:53:45 AM »
They may laugh at my looks, but passout when I pull my drawers down. hehehehe

Passout from lack of oxygen from laughing too hard??   ;D

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2007, 08:10:33 AM »
Maybe....... ::)