Author Topic: HERE'S THE NEW LOOK, Love the HeadBlade line!  (Read 17457 times)

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: HERE'S THE NEW LOOK, Love the HeadBlade line!
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2007, 03:20:21 PM »
Thanks MC. Sounds like you've been around soccer for quite some time. I don't think I would have agreed to it if I wasn't aware of the parent situation. My daughter's team has been together for two seasons and (with the exception of one dad) the parents are all great. I've played both outdoor and indoor (prior to two ACL reconstructions) all my life, as has my wife. It's also my understanding that the kids with the really cool parents all want their daughters to return, which I'm excited about. They're all great girls and practices are enjoyable. With my wife taking my son to his practices on the same day, I took our dog to her my daughter's practice and sometimes was the asst. coach when my services were needed. It should all be good. One thing's for certain, I don't think I would have volunteered for my son's team. The parental vibe on that team is just not what it should be. A lot of the elements you mentioned come through...not pretty.

To me, it's all about fun and these girls have a clear vision of that. In fact, at the year-end team party, most of the girls said their favorite game wasn't even a game they won. They had no subs, it was close to 90 degrees, and they tied one of the better teams 1-1. They were all really proud of their efforts.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline MC HammerHead

• "..I shouldn't have to tell you who I am...because who I am should be speaking for itself.."
  • Sly
  • Future's So Bright, Got To Wear Shades..and SPF 45
    • Downhillbillies
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2007, 03:51:05 PM »
Yep...been around soccer for a long time, played for a bunch of years (goal keeper) ...quit playing in the adult leagues three years ago after my skating "career"  came back in full force.

Have a great weekend!
MC HammerHead
Downhillbillies Skateboarding Organization
Woody's Halfpipe Board Shop Team
Pavel Skates Flow Team
Axe Army
Headblade Street Team
www.myspace.com/mchammerhead

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2007, 03:53:48 PM »
you do the same.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.