Author Topic: HERE'S THE NEW LOOK, Love the HeadBlade line!  (Read 17447 times)

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: HERE'S THE NEW LOOK, Love the HeadBlade line!
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2007, 03:46:03 PM »
Probably wouldn't have been too tough to pick you out in the crowd. When I go to an Oakland Raider game (yeah, I know they suck), I tell people, "Hey, look for me during the telecast. I'll be the one wearing black".

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2007, 11:09:32 AM »
Now you can tell them you'll be the sly one in black
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2007, 09:48:27 PM »
In the section that I sometimes sit in, there are several chrome domers that wear black. So, standing out may not be all that easy. Except, I think I may be the only one that is a SBG!

Schro

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2007, 12:25:35 AM »
In the section that I sometimes sit in, there are several chrome domers that wear black. So, standing out may not be all that easy. Except, I think I may be the only one that is a SBG!

Schro

We have a black SBG shirt...you can wear that to the game!!

Ok, shameless promotion is over... :-\
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2007, 12:39:17 AM »

Schro

We have a black SBG shirt...you can wear that to the game!!

Ok, shameless promotion is over... :-\

Not sure how well that would go over in the black hole, Tyler.  He might get beat up or something.   Although you could say that the raiders franchise is stuck in a black hole right now, couldn't you  ;D?

bald for life

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2007, 05:42:00 AM »
The Raiders are an easy target right now and frankly. they deserve everything they get.

BaldRob

« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2007, 07:08:34 AM »
The Raiders are an easy target right now and frankly. they deserve everything they get.

Yes they do... at least they don't have quite the criminal record of the Bengals though.  That's a bright spot!  ;D

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2007, 07:49:36 AM »
With the behavior of professional athletes in team sports, I am finding myself watching team sports less & less and watching more golf. Plus, I'm much more of a news junkie. Although my son (age 6) started taking an interest in sports thru player trading cards. Kinda tough to tell him, "Yeah Alex, Randy Moss is a great player, except he takes plays off, smokes the hippy lettuce, and is a team cancer."

This year, I plan on coaching my daughter's youth soccer team. I haven't coached in 18 yrs. Should be interesting.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2007, 08:05:46 AM »
This year, I plan on coaching my daughter's youth soccer team. I haven't coached in 18 yrs. Should be interesting.

With the new look and new confidence you will be a kick-ass coach!!!

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2007, 08:16:13 AM »
The past two seasons, the team was coached by a buddy of mine. His daughter & mine are good friends and our two families do a lot together. They have 3 kids and can not do it all. No one has stepped up to commit for next season. Rather than have uncertainty, I said I'd do it. This was with the agreement with my wife that she cuts down on her volunteering to do everything for everyone. I'm trying to get her to wear her "Super Mom" cape a little less. Hopefully she'll trade the cape in for something a little sexier and stay at home a little more.  ;D  ;)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2007, 10:48:42 AM »
The past two seasons, the team was coached by a buddy of mine. His daughter & mine are good friends and our two families do a lot together. They have 3 kids and can not do it all. No one has stepped up to commit for next season. Rather than have uncertainty, I said I'd do it. This was with the agreement with my wife that she cuts down on her volunteering to do everything for everyone. I'm trying to get her to wear her "Super Mom" cape a little less. Hopefully she'll trade the cape in for something a little sexier and stay at home a little more.  ;D  ;)

Man, my wife is the same way!  We're not parents yet, but we have 19 godkids.  She's Super Godmother and I'm also trying to get her to wear her cape less.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2007, 01:12:52 PM »
[Man, my wife is the same way!  We're not parents yet, but we have 19 godkids.  She's Super Godmother and I'm also trying to get her to wear her cape less.
[/quote]

Tyler, I HIGHLY recommend that you nip that in the bud before you start having your own kids. Marriage really isn't that much of a change in lifestyle. The only difference between dating and marriage (IMHO) is that the penalty for breaking up is a whole lot more severe with marriage than dating. Now kids.........THAT'S a lifestyle change. Although being a parent is the most important & rewarding job you'll ever have, your wife (and you) need to rememer that she (you) was a wife (husband) long before you became a parent. Although my wife is incredible in every sense of the word, I sometimes have to remind her of this.

OK, that's all from Dr. Schro for this Friday's Marriage 101 class. Now, go have a beer!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2007, 01:30:11 PM »
Thanks Schro!  Yeah, we're working on using the word "No" more often when we're asked to help out with birthdays, baptisms, etc.  Instead use this time as our time.

Offline Johnny

• Sly Finance Guy
  • Sly
    • NCompass Financial, LLC
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2007, 01:31:23 PM »
.........Kinda tough to tell him, "Yeah Alex, Randy Moss is a great player, except he takes plays off, smokes the hippy lettuce, and is a team cancer."

Eventhough I'm a Bears fan, I live in MN, and I was glad the day Randy "I'll Play when I want to Play" was traded.

Offline MC HammerHead

• "..I shouldn't have to tell you who I am...because who I am should be speaking for itself.."
  • Sly
  • Future's So Bright, Got To Wear Shades..and SPF 45
    • Downhillbillies
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2007, 03:04:59 PM »
Schro,
Dude!! Watch out with the soccer coaching.  The kids are great....the Parents....well, that's a different story.   

Both of my daughters are soccer players (one in middle school and one in college now).   I do speed and agility training for soccer teams and also have been the assistant coach for the local high school Women's team for the last 4 years.   That is not so bad but club/rec soccer with parents standing right on the sidelines...whoa, thats a whole different ball of screaming dads and moms!

I know you will do so but just focus on making the sport fun for the kids at that age.  At 6 none of them are the next Mia Hamm or Julie Foudy. 

The other thing is meet with the parents prior to the season and let them know what you expect regarding their sportsmanship and how they treat the refs, their children, and the whole experience.   Some clubs here are having parents sign "code of conduct" pledges and/or take online classes in sportsmanship. 
I think at the age that your kids are the best thing you can do with a group of parents is to invite the local head referee to do a class on the rules of the game.
At 6 they don't have offsides and some of the more complicated rules interpretations but there is still enough they can learn.  Also, the referee should remind parents that their actions can adversely effect the team if they are beligerent to the refs during the game.  Typically at younger ages the refs are kids themselves (13 year old and up) and I don't know about you but when I was 13 having a bunch of screaming parents yelling at me would not have gone over well.

Good luck with it.  Have fun. And make those kids love you because you are making it fun for them! 

And tell the parents to shut the heck up!! ha ha

« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 03:07:02 PM by MC HammerHead »
MC HammerHead
Downhillbillies Skateboarding Organization
Woody's Halfpipe Board Shop Team
Pavel Skates Flow Team
Axe Army
Headblade Street Team
www.myspace.com/mchammerhead

Enter your email address: