Author Topic: Names You've Been Called  (Read 38948 times)

Offline kevin

• Sly Jr.
Re: Names You've Been Called
« Reply #135 on: March 07, 2011, 09:44:35 AM »
cannot say I've received a lot of abuse but the worst I've had is "Your ears look alot  bigger" from one guy.

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #136 on: March 21, 2011, 08:14:12 AM »
I got called a Chia Pet recently...but in a good way. The comment came from a vendor at work who first met me when I had no hair. Not too long after meeting him, I fell off the wagon and started to let my hair grown back out. When I saw him most recently I had reshaved my head. He commented that he liked it better that way because that is how I looked when we were first introduced. He said, I looked like a Chia Pet when I started to let it grow back out and that I should keep it this way.
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #137 on: March 21, 2011, 08:32:34 AM »
He said, I looked like a Chia Pet when I started to let it grow back out and that I should keep it this way.
;D ;D ;D  Well, usually the customer is always right, but in this case--vendor rules.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #138 on: March 21, 2011, 07:32:43 PM »

He commented that he liked it better that way because that is how I looked when we were first introduced.

It never looks right when you see somebody with hair after only having seen them bald.  I've been doing this long enough now that most of the people in my day-to-day life have never seen my hair and I think they'd probably laugh if I showed them my "hairy" photos.

Offline Dome of Steele

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #139 on: March 22, 2011, 03:50:57 AM »
I recently moved to Saudi Arabia, I'll be out here awhile.  I have to wear a suit in a place that reaches temperatures of 130 Fahrenheit in the summer.  I might need some fresh balls. 
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090813/sampff0212de70bbab6a.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline deman

• Sly Jr.
  • Sly since 3/11/2011
« Reply #140 on: March 31, 2011, 02:11:07 PM »
Honestly guys, I think being called names or being made fun of for trying to cover up the bald head (ie, rug, transplants) is MUCH worse :*))
Come on Cubs....103 years and counting!

Offline blackbaldman19

• Sly
« Reply #141 on: April 23, 2011, 10:00:24 PM »
i've been called a few names

Bald Black Kid
Black "MR.CLEAN"
MR.CLEAN
8BALL...

i find it amusing :/O

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #142 on: April 24, 2011, 10:45:30 PM »
I recently moved to Saudi Arabia, I'll be out here awhile.  I have to wear a suit in a place that reaches temperatures of 130 Fahrenheit in the summer.  I might need some fresh balls. 

Well have a good time, is it for school or work ???

Offline KC

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #143 on: April 25, 2011, 08:03:57 AM »
Let's see-- I have been called Buzz Lightyear, the Mudville 9 (in reference to "KC") and Aquaman (in reference to my love of diving).  I have also been called Space Monkey; a reference from the Fight Club (and my darkest nickname).  I've even been called Malibu Ken.  My being sly has never really defined who I am but rather enhanced the image.  My roomate freshman year in college referred to me as "RJ" which stood for Rowing Jock because I would wake up at O Dark Thirty for Crew Practice. 
"The Spirit of the Mercury Astronauts is Rekindled in Me!"

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #144 on: April 27, 2011, 09:03:00 PM »

Fortunately, I have never been called names since I went sly. Now that I have been sly for awhile, I don't think that it would bother me that much.