Author Topic: Greetings from South Carolina  (Read 7750 times)

Offline BigJeffrey

• Sly Jr.
Re: Greetings from South Carolina
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2007, 01:03:54 PM »
I'm just jealous that he lives in Charleston and has access to that wonderful low country cuisine that I love so much but can't get in the upstate. 

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2007, 05:08:27 PM »
I'm just jealous that he lives in Charleston and has access to that wonderful low country cuisine that I love so much but can't get in the upstate. 
You're right.  There is some damn fine cusine in the low country
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline BigJeffrey

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2007, 05:20:30 PM »
Can't get enough shrimp and grits.....i have to go back soon...i'm starting to go into withdrawal..LOL

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2007, 05:43:32 PM »
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........grits is good eatins
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2007, 05:52:34 PM »
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........grits is good eatins

HELL YEAH BRO !!!!!!!!!!!!
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline andrewg

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2007, 07:51:24 PM »
Can't get enough shrimp and grits.....i have to go back soon...i'm starting to go into withdrawal..LOL
And the best one's I've had have been at the Boathouse, downtown.  It has a spicy sauce, and sausage and is incredible.  Anyone visiting should keep it in mind.

Offline BigJeffrey

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2007, 09:39:15 PM »
What's so great is that it's prepared differently everywhere you go.  And it's all good.  I am personally a fan of Hymen's recipe.  It's great.

BaldRob

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2007, 10:14:22 PM »
I just found out that I'm tenatively heading to Charleston to teach a class later this month!!

Offline BigJeffrey

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2007, 11:19:00 PM »
Awesome BaldRob.  I'm going to schedule a trip myself as soon as my schedule and checkbook can work out the specifics.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2007, 11:49:22 AM »
Awesome BaldRob.  I'm going to schedule a trip myself as soon as my schedule and checkbook can work out the specifics.

Always the small details huh?
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!