Head Shaving, Grooming & Care > How To Protect Your Bald Head

pimples on head but not razor burn

(1/9) > >>

billyapd21:
hello all, I am new to the forum and have been shaving my head for about a month now.  I really like the way it looks and feels.  So far I have been using the power fusion with head slick and Gillete shaving gel.  I Shave against the grain and get a really close shave without any razor burn.  However, recently I have been getting random pimples on my head.  I am not sure what is causing them.  I don't know if it is because the weather is gettin nice and I have been sweating more or what.  I was wondering if anyone new of any products that I can use to clear up my head.

Mikekoz13:
Welcome to the Forum BILLY!!! I've heard HeadShed will help with this. many of us use St. Ives Apricot scrub..... that may or may not help.

Can i get a helping hand from one of the Brothers!!!! :)

billyapd21:
Thanks for the reply.  I was thinking about picking up that st. Ives and some aloe vera.  Currently I use a loreal after shave moisturizer with spf 15 for after the shave.  I think that works well. 

Tyler:
I noticed that with the summer coming, I'm sweating more at night which has caused me to break out.  I started to make sure I ALWAYS wash my dome before going to bed.

BlackJamesRackham:
Just like with the face...I have found the key to staying pimple free is to keep your head clean (washing twice a day) but moisturized at the same time. So in the hotter months, take two showers a day, and don't hesitate to wipe down your noggin if it gets sweaty. And anytime you wash your head, make sure you moisturize it, because overly dry skin is also prone to breakouts. Good luck!

P.S. I'm just recently started going sly, so I have yet to experience the summer heat and a sly head. But I would assume the head and face would work the same way...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version