Author Topic: Gillette Daisy  (Read 7491 times)

Offline ShineyLid

• Sly Guy in Training
Gillette Daisy
« on: January 01, 2007, 06:52:56 PM »
Dunno if I'm going to catch slack for this or not, but, someone has to confirm this for me.

Sometime ago, I needed to change out my Mach 3 blade, though had no more left.  So, I decided to grab my wifes Gillette Daisy (pink disposable razor - sigh).  It offered a better shave than the Mach 3.   Sounds ridiculous and you'll likely think I'm just trying to get you guys to shave with a pink razor... though it is true I promise you.

Just wondering if anyone has the nerve to give it a shot.  I'd like to think bald guys are the most secured about themselves, which is the only reason why I'm making the post.

Hopefully someone will let me know if it was just a strike of luck or what.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
Re: Gillette Daisy
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 07:31:03 PM »
Hey, man....if it works..... 8)

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2007, 07:39:46 PM »
Way back as a teen, when I first started shaving, there were a whole drawer of those at the house.  Being the cheap son of a gun I always have been, I used them (it was prioritizing $$; a choice between beer or razors). 
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2007, 08:54:29 PM »
you're not the first man I've heard to use a woman's razor to shave your head.  a few guys I've talked to offline said they use them because they conform to your head better.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2007, 08:59:33 PM »
Being the cheap son of a gun I always have been, I used them (it was prioritizing $$; a choice between beer or razors). 

While I haven't used the lay-day's razor, I have used the cheapo single blade Bic razors, the ones where you get 10 or 12 in a bag for a dollar.  They really suck!  One time, after shaving I laid down on the couch and when I got up there were about a thousand blood "dots" on the pillow.  I didn't know I was bleeding that bad!

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007, 12:23:09 PM »
For a long time I used Venus razors on my mach3 handle to shave my dome.  It worked great.  Basically the wife kept dulling my stuff, so I got tried of it and just started replacing the blades with hers.  Stopped use the Venus when I started with HeadBlade.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline Professor Melon

• Professor Melon
  • Super Sly
  • Professor Melon
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2007, 12:45:19 PM »
 :(Considering the (ab)use a woman's razor suffers on her legs, not to mention the fact that women rarely clean their razors, I would never use my wife's blade. The one time I glabbed it to shave my face, my cheeks wound up like Medic's head, a thousand bloodspots everywhere. The dome requires a razor designed AND reserved for itself. Still with Mach III Turbo, but flirting with Headblade Sport, as the result of all the good reviews among my SBGs correspondents. Professor Melon
Embrace the bald truth

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2007, 01:09:55 PM »
True, true Professor!!  My wife leaves hers in the shower, I've seen it all gummed up with nastiness, and rusty blades!  I occasionally clean it for her with the "blaster" setting on the shower head.  Then she wonders why her legs have so many nicks??? ::)

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2007, 01:41:58 PM »
I wouldn't grab one of the wife's used blades if you held a gun to my head. There is not enough shaving cream in the world, or styptic pencils to justify it. No thank you. I'll take ravenous beasts for $500 Alex
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline ShineyLid

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2007, 03:10:06 AM »
No no, the blade wasn't a used one, I wouldn't do that either.  Instead, the razor came fresh out of the bag they come in (like 10 per bag or something).  Shaved very nicely.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2007, 05:54:36 AM »

I didn't know I was bleeding that bad!

Holy crap!.....did you call the paramedics?...........wait......never mind.  8)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 06:05:44 AM by Robmeister »

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2007, 08:20:37 AM »

HAHAHHAAHAHA lmao...Robmeister, you one funny guy
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Noner

• I don't go shopping for hats. Hats go shopping for me.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Not a real doctor but would like to play one on TV
    • Nonerville
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2007, 03:38:25 PM »
I think using a woman's razor is fine. It's not like they give her the fake metal and use the real metal in ours. Also, some of those lay-days legs get some wicked stuble so it has to be a good razor.

A guy can use it as long as he dosen't sing "I'm your Venus, I'm your fire, what's your desire?" while shaving.

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2007, 08:33:45 PM »

Good one Rob!  On that note, one of my co-workers who's also a medic, really gashed the back of his head about a week ago.  He told me later, "I really thought I was going to have to call you, I couldn't get it to quit bleeding!"  He had an abrasion about a half inch long and a quarter inch wide.

Neck tourniquet anyone???

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2007, 08:36:26 PM »
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.