Author Topic: Thinking about taking the plunge - Just need the Guts to do it!  (Read 42677 times)

Offline BJ

• Sly
Re: Thinking about taking the plunge - Just need the Guts to do it!
« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2008, 09:53:48 AM »
Dave, you opted for a change and that's what you got. A change for the better. Now let that bald noggin' shine, bro.

Offline R o b 6

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2008, 08:23:57 PM »
Congratulations, Dave! Awesome move and cool pics...and real proof you put the "rug" where rugs belong. On the floor.

Now you can enjoy the freedom of a slick sly shaved head!

Offline DS314

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2008, 08:28:43 PM »
Here are some more pictures.  Somehow the first group of pictures that I posted were deleted.  I had to add the picture of my buddy who is in the first picture with me.

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/davesaint86/S7300282.jpg

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/davesaint86/S7300298.jpg

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/davesaint86/S7300299.jpg

DS314
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 08:31:37 PM by DS314 »

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2008, 08:08:16 AM »
Welcome, and great looking.  I just went back to the beginning of this thread, nearly six months.  You're another testament to the FACT that no one needs to feed the coffers of the people who feed off of the fear engendered by MPB.  It's strange really when you think about it, we get all stressed out about lossing our hair, and the dollars can flow to try to stop that anxiety, but the answer isn't avoiding the fact, it's in accepting the fact and going with it.  We worry about people looking at our receding hairlines, holes in the back of the head, general thinning.  We get obsessed about it, combovers, elaborate combovers, expensive shampoos and conditioners, rugs, drugs, all the expense to fight the "cause" of our anxiety, and for so many of us the answer is literally there.  Going for bald, not running from it. 
Welcome to the Freedom of Sly.

Offline PowerOfCheese

• Super Sly
  • Sly and be free
« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2008, 08:12:29 AM »
Dave, great look for you man! Bad ass even.

Good for you, enjoy your new found freedom.
---- The greater the artist, the greater the doubt. Perfect confidence is given to the less talented as a consolation prize. - Robert Hughes

Offline DS314

« Reply #65 on: November 07, 2008, 08:30:46 AM »
I'm starting to get used to it more.  I have to admit I like the freedom so far.  I went to the city recreation center where I live last night for the first time totally bald.  I'm not sh**ting received a lot of looks mainly from the females.  Of course I do not know what they are thinking.  Hopefully it's not bad.

DS314

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #66 on: November 07, 2008, 08:42:28 AM »
Of course you got looks, "Who's the new young dude in the joint?" was what you didn't hear! O0  I can't resist, WE TOLD YOU SO!  Enjoy O:O O:O O:O

Offline PowerOfCheese

• Super Sly
  • Sly and be free
« Reply #67 on: November 07, 2008, 08:45:24 AM »
I'm starting to get used to it more.  I have to admit I like the freedom so far.  I went to the city recreation center where I live last night for the first time totally bald.  I'm not sh**ting received a lot of looks mainly from the females.  Of course I do not know what they are thinking.  Hopefully it's not bad.

DS314

I've been sly since Aug 22nd 2008 and I kid you not... I've had more experiences with females since shaving my dome in the last 3 months than I have in the last 10 years. Granted I was married most of those 10 years but since turning single this summer along with the new doo.... If I gave out details you would think I was bragging.

The look suits you, add that to some confidence and standing out in a crowd...  Believe me dude, the ladies aren't thinking anything bad unless by bad you mean "naughty".   >:D   
---- The greater the artist, the greater the doubt. Perfect confidence is given to the less talented as a consolation prize. - Robert Hughes

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2008, 12:48:03 PM »
Here are some more pictures.  Somehow the first group of pictures that I posted were deleted.  I had to add the picture of my buddy who is in the first picture with me.

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/davesaint86/S7300282.jpg

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/davesaint86/S7300298.jpg

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/davesaint86/S7300299.jpg

DS314

The sly look really suits you.  And nice Wheaten, BTW.   O0

Offline DS314

« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2008, 05:34:43 PM »

Thanks everyone.  Getting a little more use to it now.

DS314

Offline BRAZZE

« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2009, 09:44:36 PM »
Shaved heads aren't for everyone, some people shave their heads and look like E.T., you just got to do it and see if you look sly....GOOD LUCK........ hopefully you can become one of the sly guys.......

Offline Sykes

• Sykes
« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2010, 12:08:41 AM »
 :@`Don't feel glum.....most of us were likeyou. We finally realised our situation was not going to improve by waiting around  trying to make up our minds. There will come a moment when you will risk it and take the rest of the fuzz off. Then take a good look at yourself and I guarantee you will like it.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #72 on: May 18, 2010, 12:28:30 AM »
Why are you replying to posts from a year ago? This person isn't even active anymore!    :/O

Enter your email address: