Author Topic: how long to get used to your sly look?  (Read 22619 times)

Offline ShavedForNow

• Incomparable Sly Guy
  • Sly Jr.
  • Testing out the sly side of life
Re: how long to get used to your sly look?
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2009, 12:04:15 PM »
My first sly experiment was a 30-day test and I never got used to it. One of the reasons I grew my hair back.

This time around has been easier so far, because I knew what to expect. I like both the shape of my head and the feel of it, but the dark shadow still annoys the crap out of me. Shadows on shaven heads and faces have always suggested neglect, at least in my subconscious.

Offline Mike

• Sly genetics guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Facebook
« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2009, 12:16:10 PM »
I have been Sly for just about 3 months now and I am still not 100% used to it, I will walk by a window or something and see myself and have to go back and look. But the funny thing is is that I cant picture myself with hair either, lol.

Offline DavidTX

• Sly Jr.
  • GSG Tech Guy Keeping It Sly
    • Gallery of Before and After going Sly
« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2009, 04:52:16 PM »
Still pretty new to the sly look at a week and a half, but I'm loving it.  Was great that I had one coworker who immediately told me she loves a shaved head, then said she wished her husband had the guts to do it.

Am I used to it.. nope, even tho I used to get my head buzzed with a 1 every 2 weeks.  Getting into the routine for shaving the dome every morning, I actually look forward to it.  Still find myself rubbing and touching my dome, and checking it in the mirror.  Glad to hear I'm not the only one doing this.  ;D

Offline HeadbladerBob

• Sly
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2009, 09:20:32 PM »
I took me about 2 weeks to adjust to it.  I was embarrassed that everybody would make fun of me with the bald jokes and crap like that but in reality they envy all of us because we look great with a shavedhead

O0
God created only so many beautiful heads, the rest are covered by hair