Author Topic: how long to get used to your sly look?  (Read 22621 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: how long to get used to your sly look?
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2008, 12:32:30 PM »
William, confidence is not just something that you get overnight.  You need to continue to work on it.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2008, 01:04:03 PM »
Why not start by posting an avatar that contains a real photo of yourself? Hiding isn't going to do anything for your confidence.

Heck, if I can put my ugly puss out there for everyone to see, anyone can!

Offline Mclovin

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2008, 06:40:51 PM »
Started shaving 3 months ago and got used to it after I found THE SLY site. Great place to find how to and not to do. Stay focused Brother in SLY we trust.
Mclovin

Offline Kojack

• Sly
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2008, 05:13:29 PM »
Only took me a couple days to get used to being sly.
I like it much much better than before so that made it easy.
Remember to never take my advice seriously (unless I'm being serious) and you'll do alright.

Offline Tor

• Ride the World!
  • Sly
  • Bald Rider
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2008, 12:43:07 PM »
Have had very short hair for a looong time. Wife normally just buzzed it with a 2 or 3. So I decided here a week or so ago to just shave it all off. So far so good, but its going to take a little longer to get used to, and a little longer to get the shaving technique down path. Need to get some color on the noggin too.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But in practice, there is.

Offline slyinglide

• Give till it hurts!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Work hard, Play harder, Love Often
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2008, 03:09:29 AM »
I never thought about if I accepted the look or not.  When I shaved my head I was in the Army and 2 days after I shaved I was being yelled at by my Ranger Instructors at the top of their lungs, so thinking about how I looked with a clean nogging never crossed my mind for about 20 weeks.
I was told to think outside the box, how did I get in the box in the first place?

Offline Ryan

• Sly Jr.
  • Canadian GSG
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2008, 06:13:02 PM »
I've liked it on others too, so my adjustment has just been more catching myself in a mirror and remembering (happily) what it looks like.

marty22

« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2008, 06:21:36 PM »
took me the better part of 1 yr. For quite a bit of time, I was in shock. Honest.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 07:59:34 PM by marty22 »

teenthatshavessometimes

« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2008, 07:44:20 PM »
it hasnt even been a week, and im not ajusted, but no, i didnt expect it to be instant!

Offline skinhead002

• Super Sly
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2008, 07:04:38 AM »
I cant remember if I posted here'  For me, it was instant. My only question was why I didnt lather up sooner becuase I always wanted to get rid of my clipper shave anyway. 

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2008, 07:13:13 AM »
Why not start by posting an avatar that contains a real photo of yourself? Hiding isn't going to do anything for your confidence.

Heck, if I can put my ugly puss out there for everyone to see, anyone can!

I thought something was odd about your picture....that is actually your ass on your shoulders LOL...just kidding bro! LOL

Offline Tor

• Ride the World!
  • Sly
  • Bald Rider
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2008, 10:56:50 AM »
Lemme put my hardhat on, just in case  :*))
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But in practice, there is.

marty22

« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2008, 04:53:09 PM »
I don't have much of a choice anymore after 14 laser treatments. LOL
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 07:58:56 PM by marty22 »

Offline Dome of Steele

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2008, 12:07:45 AM »
After 2 weeks of being at school/work no one said anything about it.  I got used to myself in the mirror about 2 weeks as well.  But you'll have to allow a longer time for bumping into people around town and stuff. 
There's always.  "Why'd you do that man?"  Or "That looks so awesome!"
I give a different answer each time.  Usually something about not wanting to cover up my beautful skull with hair.  One jackass I know from back in the day called me "just eyebrows" for awhile.  He kept on telling me to grow it back, but that just let me know that he didn't realize the reason I did it in the first place. 
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090813/sampff0212de70bbab6a.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline THier

• Super Sly
  • Sorry for bad camera phone pic,,
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2008, 05:24:03 PM »
Honestly,,, as soon as I shaved it I loved it,, am I "used"  No  but in a good way. I have fought with super thick hair all my life, it's not all it's cracked up to be. I go from no hat, to hard hat, to no hat,, looks ugly put a hat on blah blah blah. Now with it sly,, Piece of cake, looks the same no matter what it goes through. I wear a skull cap under the hard hat to lessen the marks from the suspension of the hard hat.

Tom