Author Topic: how long to get used to your sly look?  (Read 22629 times)

Offline skinhead002

• Super Sly
Re: how long to get used to your sly look?
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2008, 07:32:21 AM »
It was instant for me.  I wasnt even finished my very first razor headshave and I knew it was right for me and I was a permanent bald man.

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2008, 03:08:41 PM »
I'd liked the look on others for so long that it really didnt take me long to get used to it when I went sly, but it took a good six or seven months before I could catch my reflection in a mirror or window etc without getting a shock of surprise that I had actually got the hairstyle I had always wanted! :)  I used to look twice and think 'Wow!  Is that really me with that shiny dome!?'  8)

Offline IRDSM

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2008, 03:32:04 PM »
I been sly since Sunday, and I love it. I dunno if I'm used to it. It doesn't surprise me too much when I look in the mirror, but every time I see my shadow I freak out a little on the inside. Bald shadows look so weird!

Dan

GASlick

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2008, 06:19:35 PM »
I was digging it right away.  My wife took a couple of weeks.

Everyone else?  Some positive and some negative, but who cares.

Offline RodgerDodger

• Super Sly
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2008, 08:52:34 AM »
It takes a few weeks. You know u r there when u stop looking at yourself in the mirror.
Stop looking in the mirror? I've never stopped looking in the mirror. Headshaving has brought out the narcissistic side of me. In fact I find myself looking into any reflective surface just to get a glimpse of my freshly shaved bald head.

Rodger, Over and Out! O0

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2008, 08:55:48 AM »
It takes a few weeks. You know u r there when u stop looking at yourself in the mirror.
Stop looking in the mirror? I've never stopped looking in the mirror. Headshaving has brought out the narcissistic side of me. In fact I find myself looking into any reflective surface just to get a glimpse of my freshly shaved bald head.

Rodger, Over and Out! O0

Yep -- same here.  I never miss an opportunity to catch a glimpse of myself in mirrors, windows, etc.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2008, 09:38:34 AM »

Rodger, Over and Out! O0

Yep -- same here.  I never miss an opportunity to catch a glimpse of myself in mirrors, windows, etc.

Another ratification of actions, although I also looked in the mirror, carefully, to make sure the "combover" was still tightly sprayed in place.  Now, it's a continuous relief that cr*p is gone. 8)

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2008, 10:03:46 AM »
I liked it as soon as I shaved, but it took a couple of weeks to get used to the new look.

I loved shaving the noggin' smooth and the feeling that goes with it. After that, I knew this was the way for me.   O0

Offline FR8TRAIN

• Sly Bureau
  • Go ahead, rub it!
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2008, 12:17:04 PM »
Just like xnewyawka, loved it as soon as I shaved. Nothing like the feel of a freshly shaved noggin.
Tis better to have a bald head than no head at all.

Offline Scotsman

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2008, 10:46:05 PM »
Last January is when I first shaved my head. It was only a size 2 though, but I did I completely on a whim and decided that short was the way for me to go (Before that I had really long hair).

And two days ago I decided to try the sly look. Everyone thinks it's too radical for me, but boy do I love it.

On an interesting side note, my mother was with me for that first haircut to a 2, she thought I was going to get it trimmed, but I certainly didn't.

...the look on her face was priceless. The lady that cut my hair was laughing so hard she probably came close to slicing open my jugular with the shaver.

BALDANDRE

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2008, 10:54:15 PM »

And two days ago I decided to try the sly look. Everyone thinks it's too radical for me, but boy do I love it.

Too Radical....paleeze!

Dude, a buzz makes you cool..but shaved bald makes ya SLY!

Do what YOU want bro (and glad to hear it's smooth)...trust me, the world will be happier!

Offline Scotsman

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2008, 11:18:53 PM »
Man, I've never had a problem with doing what I want. Other people's opinions have never bothered me :) But they sure are fun to get.

SLY is the way for me.

Offline Blasto

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2008, 03:18:58 PM »
I was in shower half my head shaved looking in the mirror and new I would never go back. I love my sly head :@`

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2008, 03:24:52 PM »
Instantly, but then I'd been buzzing my head with no guard for over two decades at that point.

Offline william

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2008, 04:21:28 AM »
Shaved off my thinning hair 2 weeks ago. I do look like a much stronger person but I don't feel it.

My mind is totally controlling myself, when I look myself into the mirror, I got the right attitude and think that I look good and all that. BUT all my confidence goes away after awhile again because my mind start talking to m. My mind is questioning my looks all the time when I'm not in front of a mirror. Its hard to understand or explain but it is a big problem for me.

I will have to get rid of my speaking mind if I'm gonna get any women or self confidence.
I can still be the one, Im dreaming about and I dont need my hair to become him!