Author Topic: Sunburnt head...  (Read 13540 times)

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
Re: Sunburnt head...
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2008, 10:21:32 AM »
You guys got me nervous... so I bought some Aveeno SPF 45 last night!  O0
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 11:38:40 AM by Sgt. Pate »

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline TheTrucker

• Super Sly
    • Knitting On The Road
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2008, 10:46:51 AM »
You guys got me nervous... so I bought some Aveno SPF 45 last night!  O0

Good  move. Better safe than sorry.
Mason

Linux: because a pc is a terrible thing to waste.

What do you mean guys don't knit????

Offline Teambean

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2008, 08:57:51 PM »
Man...the burnt scalp is painful! As always...I recommend Matte For Men...its got SPF 25 (and it protects against both UVA and UVB) and its not sticky like typical sunblocks...

I like it because once its on...you cant feel it at all. Once burnt...aloe is the way to go!

Feel better!

Teambean

Offline Jer

• People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
  • Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2008, 04:20:56 AM »
As always, thanks guys for the info!  Luckily it wasn't a bad burn, but it will be an interesting summer.  I was forced to let my hair grow for a few days before shaving again and I tell you, I hated it!  I couldn't stand having hair, even stubble, for the week.  I shaved last night when I woke up and my head is back to normal and I think I must have done the 'self head rub' for a good 5 minutes.  It's definitely good to be back sly after that and I've already invested in sunblock.  That's one thing I'll be needing more of this year than ever but there's no way in hell I'll go through another week without shaving again.

Offline Nick912

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Above All!
    • US Air Force
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2008, 08:59:06 AM »
You guys got me nervous... so I bought some Aveno SPF 45 last night!  O0

Sgt I love the Aveeno. It is not greasy and it doesnt clog my pores. I wear it often.

Fotin Im glad you are better bro! Keep the SPF on!
==SLY SERGEANT==

Offline Head Bald Guy

• Super Sly
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2008, 07:34:38 PM »
Aloe Vera is excellent for sunburn, but make sure that its pure Aloe. MOST of the aloe in the stores are chemicals with very little real aloe. If you cut a piece of aloe plant and squeeze it, thats as pure as it gets.

When I created Bald Guyz Moisture Gel, I made sure that we ONLY use pure Aloe in the product. This way you get the best results.

If you look at our Sunscreen, SPF 30+, note the + is there because we are actually higher, we added aloe and other moisturizers into the sunscreen for added protection.

HBG

Offline Nick912

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Above All!
    • US Air Force
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2008, 09:01:54 PM »
Aloe Vera is excellent for sunburn, but make sure that its pure Aloe. MOST of the aloe in the stores are chemicals with very little real aloe. If you cut a piece of aloe plant and squeeze it, thats as pure as it gets.

When I created Bald Guyz Moisture Gel, I made sure that we ONLY use pure Aloe in the product. This way you get the best results.

If you look at our Sunscreen, SPF 30+, note the + is there because we are actually higher, we added aloe and other moisturizers into the sunscreen for added protection.

HBG

I need to try this, everyone speaks so highly of it.
==SLY SERGEANT==

Offline 008

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2008, 04:46:57 PM »
I should have read this thread earlier. Cycled to the movies and back home. Put sunscreen on my head before setting out but didn't carry it with me.

Good thing there's aloe in my medicine cabinet.

Pshrynk

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2008, 11:52:23 AM »

I couldn't believe that I got burnt that bad in the early spring with an evening sun.  This may be a rough summer for me.  Anyone else here as pasty white and burns as fast as I do?  What do you do when you get a bad burn?

Sux to be a ginger huh  ;D

I can empathize.   My wife is a bone white redhead and it's a battle for her every year to keep from burning. 

SPF 3000

Offline Jer

• People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
  • Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2008, 03:40:18 PM »

I couldn't believe that I got burnt that bad in the early spring with an evening sun.  This may be a rough summer for me.  Anyone else here as pasty white and burns as fast as I do?  What do you do when you get a bad burn?

Sux to be a ginger huh  ;D

I can empathize.   My wife is a bone white redhead and it's a battle for her every year to keep from burning. 

SPF 3000

Yeah, I know!  Hey, perhaps your wife would be interested in signing my petition then!  I'm petitioning the government to give tax breaks on sunscreen to all of us ginger kids.

For more information on ginger kids please refer to the following educational video:

Offline handlebar

• Sly
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2008, 06:51:29 PM »
I purchased some Headblade sunscreen a month back and after using a few times agree it is ok for daily use.But not for continued time out in the sun as it has an SPF pf 15.Too bad it isn't 30 or higher.So today i ordered some Bald Guys sunscreen with spf 30.Seems the reviews are good. Hope to have it in my hot hands later this week.
BTW,aloe vera is a delight!!  And so cheap from Walgreens,etc. Smells great!

Jim

Enter your email address: