Author Topic: Razors: Wilkinson Quattro and Extreme 3  (Read 5529 times)

Offline happyharry

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • bald, bold and beautiful
Razors: Wilkinson Quattro and Extreme 3
« on: August 28, 2006, 10:56:24 PM »
I shall briefly discuss my favourite razors - "Wilkinson Quattro" and "Extreme3 Comfort Plus Sensitive"

Wilkinson Quattro:

I think they're called Schick in N. America (Wilkinson in Europe). This razor has four blades and is quite pricey.
The razor (with two free blades) is around 8,50 Euro. The blades are 6-8 Euro (4 blades).

Before trying it out I used to use cheap Bic single-use razors. Cut myself a lot with those, so I decided it had
to be something better...

The Quattro with its four blades and protective features (it also has a strip on it with Aloe Vera I think) is a very comfortable
and safe razor - you really have to try hard to cut yourself with it. The blades are first class and very very sharp...

You get an unbelievably close shave. However, the blades are quite big, so I wouldn't really recommend it for anything other
than head shaving - I always have trouble shaving some of the tricky parts of my face with it - the razor with its head is just too bulky.

I usually throw the blades away after a single use. But I've also had up to four shaves with a single blade and they still remained
relatively sharp - after the fourth shave or so performance goes down and you realise you better use a new one.

I would recommend this razor to anybody who wants a very close shave but gets cuts and razor burns with other razors.
However, if you use every blade only once and if you shave every day this razor is quite an expensive choice.

Wilkinson Extreme 3 Comfort Plus Sensitive:

This is the razor I use most of the time. It's a single use, tripple blade razor with flexible head and blades and a comfort strip that
contains Aloe Vera and Vitamin E (these are said to help the skin to better recover from the shave).

They are sold in 4 and come in a plastic box - you usually get two free razors, so it's 6, actually. The box is 5-6 Euro.

I prefer these razors over the Quattro as they come cheaper if you never use a razor / blade more than once.
You can use the same blade for a second shave, but not a third - in that respect they don't compare to the Quattro blades.

I find the Extreme3 to be the best single-use razors on the (European) market. I think they're the only tripple blade single-use razors, too.

They also come as a standard version without the Aloe Vera strip (I use the "sensitive") that's a little cheaper (about 50 Cent per box).

Who loves ya, baby?