Author Topic: Electric razor  (Read 5337 times)

Offline baldbiker

• Sly
Electric razor
« on: May 06, 2008, 11:06:09 PM »
3rd time using the electric razor on my head (Braun Synchro)...

First 2 times it was a breeze, then today, I was running the razor from the bottom of my neck up towards the top of my head and I noticed "heat"... I'm not sure if it was just the pressure I was applying to the razor - or perhaps the length of time I took to finish the top and sides, but GOODNESS this smarts!

I have razor burn on the back of my head - both sides cause you know I couldn't stop until I was done.  :XX

So, tomorrow - I think I will go back to the shave cream and razor cut...

Anyone else come across this same issue using an electric?

It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

www.myspace.com/hascoline

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
Re: Electric razor
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 11:27:48 PM »
I haven't found an electric that works on my dome but you should stock up on either some aloe gel, bald guyz moisteriser, or some witch hazel to kill the razor burn.

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 12:12:44 AM »
Witch Hazel is a great product for razor burn and irritation

Offline skinhead002

• Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 01:35:00 AM »
You can get razor burn from electrics.  I have never found an elctric razor that gets me as slick as a razor and shave creme.  Electric razors are good for touch ups. The electric razor companies say in their instructions to use the razors regularly for several weeks'  I tried that and still couldnt get shaves as slick as a blade razor

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 12:42:04 PM »
Baldbiker, do yourself, or should I say your noggin' a favor and use a good blade. Nothing like a blade shave, period.
Have you tried the Headblade yet?, if not you should give it a go.
I have used it since I started shaving my head, and have not had a problem at all.
I recommend you try using different blade cartridges to see what works best for you.

Good luck and keep us posted.    O0

Offline Nick912

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Above All!
    • US Air Force
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 02:54:40 PM »
See the Braun 360 complete keeps my head smooth an irriatation free! Booyah!
==SLY SERGEANT==

Offline edsly

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 06:22:45 AM »
That Right on the money!
Best shave i've gotten from Braun 360.
Right on Nick O0

Ed Sly.

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 07:25:33 AM »
I have also experienced some irritation from using an electric on in-between days. Then I bought myself a bottle of Williams Lectric Shave. Lubes the scalp a bit and allows the shaver to glide a little cutting down on the irritation. Also, somehow makes the hair stand up a bit for a smoother result. Has kind of a nice smell, too. The Lectric Shave has made the electric days a lot easier.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline handlebar

• Sly
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 07:49:19 AM »
I have been using my Remington triple head and have great success. As long as those blades are sharp.Electric razor blades can become dull so fast.And they are not cheap to replace.
And i only use the electric when it has been 24 hours or less since the manual blade use.

Jim

Offline Nick912

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Above All!
    • US Air Force
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2008, 11:20:41 AM »
I have also experienced some irritation from using an electric on in-between days. Then I bought myself a bottle of Williams Lectric Shave. Lubes the scalp a bit and allows the shaver to glide a little cutting down on the irritation. Also, somehow makes the hair stand up a bit for a smoother result. Has kind of a nice smell, too. The Lectric Shave has made the electric days a lot easier.

I will try that buddha thanks!
==SLY SERGEANT==

Offline baldbiker

• Sly
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2008, 04:57:53 PM »

I will try that! I have a bottle of that stuff in my cabinet right now that I had forgotten completely about until now!!!
It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

www.myspace.com/hascoline