Author Topic: my car  (Read 3418 times)

Offline Bensen

• Ultimate Sly Guy
my car
« on: May 14, 2008, 02:42:23 PM »
that's my car, i really like to drive it (picture taken my me last weekend)
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3167/2481749076_c81fd44484_b.jpg

any overhaulin fan's out there?

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
Re: my car
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 02:49:22 PM »
Nice ride Ben

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 02:59:15 PM »
Cool looking car, Ben.  What kind is that???
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Bensen

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 03:09:31 PM »
Thanks Guys  :)

It's from a brand called SEAT (Modellname "Leon"), a spanish brand that belongs to the Audi Group. It's technically based on the current VW Golf and the Audi A3.

http://www.seat.com
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 03:12:08 PM by Ben32 »

Offline flattop peterbilt

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 08:58:49 PM »
nice ride i have a Mitsubishi 3000GT black...wanting a 3rd generation RX7....have to get rid of my Peterbilt first...lol
Life hands you four Aces bet high...life hands you four duces...call

stemikger

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2008, 04:58:21 PM »
Nice car Ben.  My first guess was an Audi, but then I wasn't sure.

I will be getting a new car in a year or two.  I love overhaulin.  Especially the hot host and of course Chip.

Pshrynk

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2008, 05:07:31 PM »
that's my car, i really like to drive it (picture taken my me last weekend)
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3167/2481749076_c81fd44484_b.jpg

any overhaulin fan's out there?

Neat looking.  Do you know if that particular platform is used on any NA cars?!?!?

Offline Bensen

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2008, 11:59:14 PM »
The Audi A3 and the Volkswagen Golf/Rabbit are using the same plattform.
Both are on the NA Market.

Pshrynk

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2008, 12:09:01 PM »
Thought they might be.

I love the new GTI.   :@`  Amazing performance bang for the buck.

I had a 1985 GTI and it was a blast back then too. 

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2008, 12:46:13 PM »
Ben:
Is it gas or diesel?  I've read that the majority of passenger cars sold in Europe now are diesel.  Are they selling the hybrids over there much?  With our prices now approaching $4/gallon, even Americans are looking for a way to go someplace w/o going broke doing it.  We had a diesel Peugeot station wagon when we got married and it didn't have much quality, later I had a VW Rabbit diesel when I had to drive 30 miles to work and back, but I went back to gas.  I'm thinking that our next "family" car is going to have to be some type of alternate fuel, but my non-thinking part wants a BMW.  It's a year off at least, maybe a European delivery too.  Just wanted to know how you guys are "thinking" out your auto purchases w/ fuel even higher there.

Offline Bensen

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2008, 04:15:43 PM »
@ Pshrynk, yeah the new gti is cool! but very expensive here, also the monthly coasts are high.

@ saintc
mine has a gas engine.
you are right, a lot of diesel were sold here. but currently the cars with diesel engines decreace, because of the high diesel price. hyprids are seldom here. most  new cars that were bought currently have one of the new direct injection gas engines.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2008, 07:17:08 PM »
@ saintc
mine has a gas engine.
you are right, a lot of diesel were sold here. but currently the cars with diesel engines decreace, because of the high diesel price. hyprids are seldom here. most  new cars that were bought currently have one of the new direct injection gas engines.

[/quote]

Thanks for the information.  It's really interesting that hybrids haven't caught on there, they seem to be the "big deal" here w/ long waiting lines.  I thought because of the price of oil they might be more popular, but it must be the price of electricity that keeps them minimized.  I just saw my first Smart car by Mercedes last weekend, I drive a Mini Cooper and parked next to it for the first time I felt like I was driving the SUV.  The only problem is that since BMW bought out the British manufacturer, they put their engines in that require the premium grade of gas, and that's 10% or more expensive.

Offline Bensen

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2008, 07:06:27 AM »
i guess people think the prices of the hyprids are too high in comparison to thier economy. you have to drive a lot before you start to save some money.

btw, my cars FUEL CONSUMPTION:

Extra urban (mpg) 47.1
Combined (mpg)   37.2

the gas prices here around 8.7 $ per gallon, also the diesel price is at the same level. that's bad for diesel buyes cause diesel cars are more expensive then gas egnine cars.

Pshrynk

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2008, 09:05:44 AM »
^^^^
From what I've read the hybrids mileage has been exaggerated by the manufacturers, there is premium price to buy them, and the maintenance/service is significantly higher than a gas or diesel.   

IMO they are more of a trendy green statement than actual economy or substance.   I would also be curious to see how much extra carbon energy is used to build them as compared to a gas model.

The Europeans have been too smart to buy hybrids because they've had all kinds of great diesels to buy.