Author Topic: One crazy gun  (Read 9643 times)

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
Re: One crazy gun
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2007, 04:39:12 PM »
It's probably that yer pretty damn bullet proof, man....

If you showed signs of caving, grace and mercy would ensue.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2007, 05:31:34 PM »
I have a fraternity brother named Paul Burke (no kidding!) that we used to blame for everything also.  It's funny how that works out...LOL!! He took it well though. 

I have to admit, his shotgun wedding was one of the most fun wedding I've ever been to.

Speaking of shotgun weddings...When the wife and I got hitched, our reception was at a Moose Lodge. They had two rooms rented out for wedding receptions. We had the smaller room, and another party had the large room. A friend of ours drove his 1986 one ton crew cab long bed four wheel drive ford pickup. It's lifted with about 40 inch tires....hehehehe...intimidating. Anywho, we decided to take a shotgun wedding picture. So we pulled his beast out in front of the lodge and piled into the bed. The other wedding party was outside smoking, etc and were not quite sure what to think until we pulled two shotguns outta the truck. They ran back inside in a hurry and we didn't see too much of 'em the rest of the night. I was sitting on the tailgate and my wife was sittin on a stool behind me holding the shotgun. It was great
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2007, 08:16:33 PM »
I have a fraternity brother named Paul Burke (no kidding!) that we used to blame for everything also.  It's funny how that works out...LOL!! He took it well though. 

I have to admit, his shotgun wedding was one of the most fun wedding I've ever been to.

Speaking of shotgun weddings...When the wife and I got hitched, our reception was at a Moose Lodge. They had two rooms rented out for wedding receptions. We had the smaller room, and another party had the large room. A friend of ours drove his 1986 one ton crew cab long bed four wheel drive ford pickup. It's lifted with about 40 inch tires....hehehehe...intimidating. Anywho, we decided to take a shotgun wedding picture. So we pulled his beast out in front of the lodge and piled into the bed. The other wedding party was outside smoking, etc and were not quite sure what to think until we pulled two shotguns outta the truck. They ran back inside in a hurry and we didn't see too much of 'em the rest of the night. I was sitting on the tailgate and my wife was sittin on a stool behind me holding the shotgun. It was great

LOL!!....cool story ;D

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2007, 08:31:21 PM »
That one goes in the "You might be a redneck if ...." category
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2007, 09:08:17 AM »
We've got videotape and still pics to document the momentous occasion
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2007, 04:59:12 PM »
We've got videotape and still pics to document the momentous occasion
Send one to Foxworthy (who now owns our local Chevy Dealership), along with a copy of the Larry pic of Tyler.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline juventus206

• Sly Jr.
  • I'm far to good looking to have hair.
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2007, 11:07:40 AM »
That Metal Storm is freaking crazy!

chadoweasel

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2007, 09:22:30 PM »
I found the Metal Storm Future Weapons clip on Youtube. I couldn't get the video to show up on here, so here is the link. If you like guns you really should watch this.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/r-y972ZrzKw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/r-y972ZrzKw</a>
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 08:14:48 AM by Tyler »

Offline jasandalb

• Sly Jr.
    • My Page
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2007, 10:01:06 AM »
Let me preface this statement by saying I was a Gunner on the M-1 and M-1A1 (A-2 wasnt full scale before I got out), for 10 years.  I have seen, heard and done some crazy S***and I hope that my opinion doesnt go by the wayside.

I will read up on the "metal storm", as I dont know much about it.

There is one thing kind of screwy about the weapon we are talking about. 
Where is the operator of this weapon going to be located? 
If it provides a 360 degree field of fire that would take the operator out of the equation...and it looks like it has to be fired "manually".  You could "mount" this on a humvee but you still go back to the original question.  The Humvee doesnt have a "gunners station" just a rotateable turret.  You could mount this on an armored vehicle but then you have to have a completely clear area for the weapon to fire.  On the M-1 that isnt feasable.  On the M-1 the Tank commander has a 50-cal mounted at his station which is able to be fired with no vulnerability (on the original M-1 you would have to crank it with two handles to aim, but the A-1 version is system guided so you can grab a control to manuever).  The loader has a machine gun but can only fire from a vulnerable position.  So, you would have to escentially build a vehicle around the weapon...which I dont think the military would do.

Nevertheless...would love to fire it...or we could figure a way to mount it, completely automated on one of those little white toyota's those mother F**** drive in Iraq...blend into THEIR scenario then drive down the streets and rip them all to shreds!!

Its a typical situation in these typical times...

chadoweasel

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2007, 12:59:15 PM »
There are multiple versions of this gun: Handguns, unmanned turrets, pods (i dont think they show it much, or at all in this footage), and a few others. There is also computer controlled, and manual versions...although ALL of them are "computer" controlled as far as electronics and such. I dont know, I could see this thing easily being used in multiple situations and on multiple vehicle types. The companies actuall site has more footage of various ways to use it. I think it would be easy to find ways to use it on most any military vehicle.

Offline jasandalb

• Sly Jr.
    • My Page
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2007, 01:05:00 PM »
Thanks...like I said, I dont know much about the "metal storm" but will definetly check it out.
Its a typical situation in these typical times...