Author Topic: How Often ought I shave my head to keep the "bald" style ?  (Read 102639 times)

Offline Hawk

• Sly
Re: How Often ought I shave my head to keep the "bald" style ?
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2007, 12:09:37 PM »
Thank goodness I work for myself.

Amen, brutha....once you've tasted the flexibility and autonomy that self-employment offers.....I can't envision it any other way.

You will never have a better boss than yourself.  Not to jinx it, but the other day I told my wife I don't know what I would do if I had to go back to work for a bank or a consulting firm again.  I wake up, work out, have a cup of joe and bkfst with the kids before school and then walk all of about 50 steps to my office.....LOL!  For 12 years I commuted for an hour each way to downtown Dallas.  BLAH!

Yeah....that's what I'm talkin' 'bout.

Being an independent contractor for the last couple years has been sorta in between.  I'm ready to really spread my wings, now.   Spent the morning talking to who I need to to sever certain ties while maintaining others.

Boy, the forces--whether logistics,  attitude or down right nay-saying--are like swimming upstream.....all conspiring to say, "You can't pull this off on your own."  It's exhausting.  Did you have that, Hawk, when you were breaking out?  How'bout you, Johnny?

You will always have the NAY SAYERS, but they are ususally the ones that are to afraid to do it themselves.  Just put your back into it 100%.  NO RISK NO REWARD!
Hawk
"I live life in the fast lane and my hair couldn't keep up"

Offline Johnny

• Sly Finance Guy
  • Sly
    • NCompass Financial, LLC
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2007, 12:16:19 PM »
Thank goodness I work for myself.

Amen, brutha....once you've tasted the flexibility and autonomy that self-employment offers.....I can't envision it any other way.

You will never have a better boss than yourself.  Not to jinx it, but the other day I told my wife I don't know what I would do if I had to go back to work for a bank or a consulting firm again.  I wake up, work out, have a cup of joe and bkfst with the kids before school and then walk all of about 50 steps to my office.....LOL!  For 12 years I commuted for an hour each way to downtown Dallas.  BLAH!

Yeah....that's what I'm talkin' 'bout.

Being an independent contractor for the last couple years has been sorta in between.  I'm ready to really spread my wings, now.   Spent the morning talking to who I need to to sever certain ties while maintaining others.

Boy, the forces--whether logistics,  attitude or down right nay-saying--are like swimming upstream.....all conspiring to say, "You can't pull this off on your own."  It's exhausting.  Did you have that, Hawk, when you were breaking out?  How'bout you, Johnny?

The people that said it would be tough are those that still work for the large brokerage houses, and work their asses off. Sacrificing family and personal time.

I was fortunate to have a good following of clients. I've been in the securities brokerage biz and on straight commission since '99. When I went on my own in '04, it was scary for about 2 months until I realized that I'm doing the exact same thing I was doing before, but I'm doing it for myself now. Once you get organized, ie letterhead, computer systems, etc, you focus back on "the work." It's been great ever since.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2007, 01:58:46 PM »
Wow you guys are an inspiration. I've been trying to find a business to startup on my own. I have found the business I want to start, there is no franchis fee, just a considerable investment on my part. Seeing you guys is pushing me more towards achieving that goal though.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2007, 02:20:33 PM »
Wow you guys are an inspiration. I've been trying to find a business to startup on my own. I have found the business I want to start, there is no franchis fee, just a considerable investment on my part. Seeing you guys is pushing me more towards achieving that goal though.

Go for it man! 

I've been focusing on businesses that require more sweat equity than capital.  Though, my goal is to get a real estate investment company off the ground this year, along with everything else I'm doing.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2007, 02:24:30 PM »
Good luck Tyler!!! It's hard to get real estate started if you weren't on the ground floor to begin with. My wife's grandpa was in real estate for a long time out in Cali and would not buy anything except a corner lot. He also owned a fencing company for many years. He passed just a little over a year ago, but all of his kids are reaping the benefits now from his forward thinking.

Good for you, they say New Mexico right now is where Cali was a few years ago.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Johnny

• Sly Finance Guy
  • Sly
    • NCompass Financial, LLC
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2007, 02:37:58 PM »

It takes a set of nads, but when you have passion, anything can be accomplished.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2007, 03:17:02 PM »
Good luck Tyler!!! It's hard to get real estate started if you weren't on the ground floor to begin with. My wife's grandpa was in real estate for a long time out in Cali and would not buy anything except a corner lot. He also owned a fencing company for many years. He passed just a little over a year ago, but all of his kids are reaping the benefits now from his forward thinking.

Good for you, they say New Mexico right now is where Cali was a few years ago.

Thanks PigPen.  I'll check out New Mexico.  I don't think I'll be getting into the Cali market right away.  It's still overvalued a bit if you ask me.  I do like the southwest, since I feel a lot of baby boomers will be heading that way to stay warm in the second half of their life.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2007, 03:21:10 PM »
Santa Fe is still way overpriced too. People's families who have lived there for generations can't afford the property taxes anymore and have to leave their families homes that were built by their parents grandparents and stuff like that.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2007, 04:50:36 PM »

It takes a set of nads, but when you have passion, anything can be accomplished.

Amen Brother!
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2007, 05:59:27 PM »

Right now the only thing really stopping me is the $$$$$

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2007, 06:23:46 PM »
Too bad I left banking .... I could have done a loan for you.  Held your headblade as collateral
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2007, 06:30:30 PM »
I'd be willing to put up the classic and the sport

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2007, 08:18:12 PM »
i think i would put the wife up before the headblade. lol j/k

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2007, 07:07:35 AM »

I would, but not worth as much...hahahahahahahahahahaha

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2007, 07:13:51 AM »

I would, but not worth as much...hahahahahahahahahahaha

it would be cheaper to keep her.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Enter your email address: