Author Topic: Greets Sly Guys  (Read 7160 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Greets Sly Guys
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2006, 05:45:41 PM »
Congrats ShineyLid!! Starting off the New Year Sly!!  8) 8) 8)

I'm sure BaldRob will be glad to know there's another navy man amongst us.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline ShineyLid

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2006, 11:47:23 PM »
Alright.  It's shaved.  Shiney, just as I thought it would be (parts where hair had receded were "shiney").  I didn't use the HeadBlade, simply couldn't work up the nerve to use it - but, now that I know how it "feels" to use a blade at all on my dome, I'll give it a try next shave.

I decided to go against the grain, call me crazy.  It worked out just fine.  Once I learned the "resistance/tug" that it gave when shaving the head, I started getting cocky.  Was no problem until I got cocky, I remember thinking specifically "Man, those guys on the forums that get nicks, cuts and irritation must have bad luck or my scalp must be made for this stuff".... not more than two strokes after I thought that to myself, BAM.  A nick, and was entirely avoidable.. good thing though!  It's in an area that receded long ago (ie. hair loss) so I dont have to try to shave over a nick (always GREAT fun as we all know), the bad news though.  It's in my upper right forehead, half inch long not too wide at all.

Moral of the story.  Don't get cocky with a device that could totally ruin your day, let alone your new years.  Speaking of which, Happy New Years all.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2007, 03:49:21 AM »
ShineyLid, you can accurately portray your name now!!  :D ;D ;)
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

spaceape48

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2007, 01:33:29 PM »
Congrats man! I bought a headblade yesterday myself and started to try it out, but then someone started rushing me to finish to I pulled out the mach III. I like them both, but the headblade def takes some getting used to.

Offline ShineyLid

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2007, 02:56:18 AM »
Yeah, the HeadBlade is a little funky.  HeadBlade has a video, though its computer animated instead of someone actually using one.  Had to work late tonight, yet again, but I managed to find enough time to prop up the digital camera and snap a picture for the ole avatar.

I also realized the reason why I have a gap between the mustache.  I honestly cannot recall ever shoving my tongue under my upper lip to flatten it out, thus shaving it.  We'll see what happens, its bugs me.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2007, 03:07:29 AM »
ShineyLid, the pic looks great!!

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2007, 05:37:23 AM »
looking sly.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2007, 05:25:45 PM »
More slyer than ever brotha!

(that's trademarked now Rob, so shush!)
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2007, 08:08:57 PM »
Looks good, bro
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

BaldRob

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2007, 08:17:07 PM »
I'm sure BaldRob will be glad to know there's another navy man amongst us.

Heh... now the Sly Bald Navy is starting to form!  Hide your women and rum!!  Argh!! ;D

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2007, 01:41:43 PM »
Time flies when you're having rum...rrrrrrr
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!