Discussions About Being Bald > To be or not be...Bald

If you could give any advice to someone who is balding or thinking of shaving...

(1/64) > >>

Tyler:
If you could give any advice to someone who is balding or thinking of shaving their head, what would ithat advice be?

PBurke:
shave it and embrace the slyness. you will not regret it. even if you do, it grows back.

Robmeister:
I second Paul.....It's not like regretting getting a tatoo.

Go for it.  Give it a bare minimum of 3 weeks for you, the fam, the workplace, etc... to get over the initial adjustment period (i.e. SHOCK).   If then it really doesn't "fit," there's no permanent damage.

Another thing I did that has helped the fam has been 1) start talking about it, 2) start with #4 clipper guard on the entire noggin -- go to #3 -- then #2 --  and so on. 3) I found a website where they will do a bald rendering from any photo you upload to them.  I have printed up bald renderings and showed the wife & kids.  At first they're like "AAAK!" but after leaving the pics around...even taping them up on the wall or whatever...they're getting used to the idea.

Here's the link:    http://headshave.baldlygo.com/

PigPen:
Robmeister has some great ideas. Personally, I just went for it on a whim and have never looked back. People need to approach it on an individual basis and see what works best for them. However, if I were giving someone advice I would say just do it.

ar3inc:
My personality tends to make me be rather up front with people, so the first attempt would along the lines of “dude look, you have to come to terms that you’re balding.  Why not regain control in one simple step and HeadBlade that little that is left over?”  If that doesn’t work it most likely transition to something like what Rob wrote it is not a life long decision, but it is always best to know that you tried head before then tried some other way to fight baldness the causes damage later so if you go bald you end up sporting some nasty scars.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version