Author Topic: WARHAWK's alcohol review...  (Read 14772 times)

jusbnme

Re: WARHAWK's alcohol review...
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2008, 07:56:47 PM »
Definitely not trying to knock my boy Mel but I gave it a try for the last two shaves and it just didn't seem to do anything different for me.  Plus my scalp has a tendency to dry a lot anyway so I don't need anything else up there to help dry it out.  The routine I have using Bald Guyz products has been working great for a while now.  So I'll just stick with it. 

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2008, 05:04:54 AM »
Definitely not trying to knock my boy Mel but I gave it a try for the last two shaves and it just didn't seem to do anything different for me.  Plus my scalp has a tendency to dry a lot anyway so I don't need anything else up there to help dry it out.  The routine I have using Bald Guyz products has been working great for a while now.  So I'll just stick with it. 

I havent tried the alcohol trick yet but I plan on picking up the supplies to start it on the weekend.
Different things work for different people. Some people love the Headblade some love the Fusion.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2008, 09:33:21 PM »
lance:  sorry that U didn't get the same smooooth results like me.

jdog:  hope your results R super smoooooth. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

jusbnme

« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2008, 04:40:16 PM »
I don't know if it was because of using the Bald Guyz gel or not.  But I just gave the alcohol trick another try using HeadSlick and it worked like a charm.  It really did seem to make my head smoother after the shave.  It also felt cleaner too.  Thanks Mel.  I have found, yet, another routine.   O0

jusbnme

« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2008, 06:32:11 PM »
Dang!  I guess I spoke too soon on this one.  This time it has really dried my dome out pretty bad.  I thought it was all cool.  I got done and applied some Bald Guyz Moisture Gel.  But for the last hour or so my dome keeps drying out.  I keep having to apply more gel.  It must be from the alcohol.  Oh well...thought I found a new routine. 

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2008, 09:05:43 PM »
Dang!  I guess I spoke too soon on this one.  This time it has really dried my dome out pretty bad.  I thought it was all cool.  I got done and applied some Bald Guyz Moisture Gel.  But for the last hour or so my dome keeps drying out.  I keep having to apply more gel.  It must be from the alcohol.  Oh well...thought I found a new routine. 
lance:  if U looked at my new routine... i apply the shave secret, then the headslick, & spray the alcohol.  did U include the shave secret?  it's only $3 & that little bottle lasts a loooooong time! O0

WARHAWK O0

jusbnme

« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2008, 02:34:40 PM »
lance:  if U looked at my new routine... i apply the shave secret, then the headslick, & spray the alcohol.  did U include the shave secret?  it's only $3 & that little bottle lasts a loooooong time! O0

WARHAWK O0

DOH!!!  Forgot the Shave Secret.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2008, 04:50:46 PM »
Okay, did the Shave Secret, Headslick, then I spray, and everything-i.e. the lather DISAPPEARS--shaving by feel.  I don't know about the shave--I didn't get to the gym this morning and that always is a negative on the quality of the shave, it's better if I've been up for an hour or so.  Hopefully I drag my Butt to the gym in the morning and I'll give it another try.  Smell is gruesome.

jusbnme

« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2008, 08:04:17 PM »
Tried it again a while ago.  I guess it's just not for me.  Like Saintc said, I really can't get pass the smell in the first place.  Reminds me of gas.  Plus it almost stings a little when I spray it on the dome.  Just too much to deal with for me.  I'm going back to the usual. 

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2008, 09:10:50 AM »
Okay, did the Shave Secret, Headslick, then I spray, and everything-i.e. the lather DISAPPEARS--shaving by feel.  I don't know about the shave--I didn't get to the gym this morning and that always is a negative on the quality of the shave, it's better if I've been up for an hour or so.  Hopefully I drag my Butt to the gym in the morning and I'll give it another try.  Smell is gruesome.

Day two--changed the routine--and I got to the gym before I shaved.  I showered, then soaped up the scalp and face w/ water and Cuticura Soap (an antibacterial acne soap), applied baby oil, then sprayed w/ alcohol, then applied Fusion Hydrate Gel.  Everything disappeared w/ the spray, and the Gel didn't foam as much as usual.  I am a Power Fusion over the sink shaver.   BUT, it was a very good shave, clean, smooth.  Now to see how long to sandpaper--usually 7 to 8 hours, and how long to velcro--usually 20-24 hours.  More coming.  Judgment today, +1 or +2 over no spray on a scale of 10.  Stench of the spray is somewhat overcome by the Gel that has a higher perfume content than Headslick, but still more than I really like.

buuckkweet

« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2008, 10:18:19 PM »
Hey Warhawk!

Got some witch hazel and alcohol from the dollar store today, and gave it a try.  It has been  2 days since I've shaved my head because I am getting used to using my Mach 3 and Head Slick.  Got a few bumps and minor irritation.  Didn't feel like pushing my luck.  After adding the alcohol and witch hazel to my routine (which is an ongoing work in progress), my dome is smoother than ever!  No more electric shaver for me!  The whole routine took about 15 minutes.  Frequently spraying my razor with alcohol eliminated the slight pulling.  The witch hazel immediately calmed my scalp and eliminated what little bumps I had left on my head.

My head is smoother than ever!  Thanks so much for the tips!   O0 O:O

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2008, 10:24:58 PM »
Hey Warhawk!

My head is smoother than ever!  Thanks so much for the tips!   O0 O:O
hey buuckkweet:  that is awesome.  glad that it worked 4 ya. O0

WARHAWK O0

Enter your email address: